457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

I wonder what they require! Maybe more proof of de facto or did you provide enough? Doesn't seem fair you now have to wait to find out! Hope it happens soon

Hi everyone

I have one question . I just found out in my marriage certificate . They department who issued marriage certificate . They forgot to put my surname on it . But they put details of my passport ( passport number) correct .

I talk to that department they said they can fix it but it will take 28 days .

Please advise me case officcer will asked me about missed surname or they can ignor it ?

Please reply please guys sooooo upset ....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if you've gone through a MA will your CO not communicate with you? Do you not have any contact with CO?

Sounds like your both having such nightmares!

Hope it eventually works out.

I got update on 4/10/13 . I told my MA . He said nobody contact him . He said case officcer didn't send him anything . Is it possible ? I have case officcer but he will contact my MA . If he need more documents ??

hi everyone,

just thought i'd drop in with my timelines, cos i've been following the thread for a while and found it quite reassuring to read about other people playing a similar waiting game.

30/07/13 - employer submitted application to be sponsor and nomination

19/08/13 - employer confirmed as sponsor, further questions on nomination

20/08/13 - visa application submitted (with partner)

03/09/13 - chest x-ray done

04/09/13 - health checks finalised

09/09/13 - nomination questions answered by employer, nomination approved

10/10/13 - visa for main applicant and partner approved

mine was processed by the sydney office.

really behind you, pavy and ricballi!

pavy - i emailed my case officer a week before my visa was approved and i do think this hurried things along. i got the email of the case officer from my employer (we didn't use an MA), so it might be worth asking your sponsor if they have been contacted. (not sure about the marriage certificate query, sorry)

ricballi - the case officer called me to ask for more information (health insurance for my partner) and once that was in, the application was approved the same day - so getting asked for more stuff won't necessarily mean more delay.

good luck guys! fingers crossed it comes through really soon.

hi everyone,

just thought i'd drop in with my timelines, cos i've been following the thread for a while and found it quite reassuring to read about other people playing a similar waiting game.

pavy - i emailed my case officer a week before my visa was approved and i do think this hurried things along. i got the email of the case officer from my employer (we didn't use an MA), so it might be worth asking your sponsor if they have been contacted. (not sure about the marriage certificate query, sorry)

ricballi - the case officer called me to ask for more information (health insurance for my partner) and once that was in, the application was approved the same day - so getting asked for more stuff won't necessarily mean more delay.

Congrats mate

hi everyone,

Congrats CrunkieB

Thanks for ur Info

hi everyone,

How do you know when your employer is confirmed as sponsor?

I'm not using MA either.

I at first thought that when I received email with the TRN nomination & Sponsor number then that meant the sponsor had been approved.

I submitted my visa and payment October 7th & I've got medical on 21st October.

So it's still early days for me.

My visa status says visa processing commenced.

Will it show up on status when I have CO allocated?

Or would it usually be after they recurve my medical report?

Once your visa says further processing commenced that's when you have been allocated a case officer, sometimes thy require further info and this will say 'further information required' but that is after 'application being processed further' it took 3 weeks for them to update to 'information recieved' once my partner had sent further info and then another 2 weeks for his visa approval, so all in all took 11 weeks and still I was missed off!!!! Silly I should of checked so I had to re apply and now I've been waiting since the 10th of October and my status is still stuck in the same place! Hoping once I've been allocated a case officer I will have the grant as all the supportin evidence has been uploaded. We haven't used a ma just done them both ourselves! In regards with your surname not being on your marriage cert I'm going to be honest I don't have a clue I think it may be a problem but you will have to speak to your case officer, maybe they will just require proof and double check it out to check it's not fraudulent but not sure! Best of luck everybody were all in the same boat and waiting is not easy but will all be worth it in the end! X

Once your visa says further processing commenced that's when you have been allocated a case officer, sometimes thy require further info and this will say 'further information required' but that is after 'application being processed further' it took 3 weeks for them to update to 'information recieved' once my partner had sent further info and then another 2 weeks for his visa approval, so all in all took 11 weeks and still I was missed off!!!! Silly I should of checked so I had to re apply and now I've been waiting since the 10th of October and my status is still stuck in the same place! Hoping once I've been allocated a case officer I will have the grant as all the supportin evidence has been uploaded. We haven't used a ma just done them both ourselves! In regards with your surname not being on your marriage cert I'm going to be honest I don't have a clue I think it may be a problem but you will have to speak to your case officer, maybe they will just require proof and double check it out to check it's not fraudulent but not sure! Best of luck everybody were all in the same boat and waiting is not easy but will all be worth it in the end! X

Thanks Sarah

Processed further definatly means you have a case officer 100% maybe you're ma is saying that so he doesn't have to provide you with you're case officers contact details incase you start contacting them directly asking for updates etc, some case officers don't like to be contacted etc but you defo do have one, if you start contacting the case officer direct you're ma in effect aren't doing their job properly so this will look bad against them as you won't recommend them should anyone you know looks for an agent, just remind me of you're timeline again please? Are you a secondary or primary applicant? Thanks and good luck

Processed further definatly means you have a case officer 100% maybe you're ma is saying that so he doesn't have to provide you with you're case officers contact details incase you start contacting them directly asking for updates etc, some case officers don't like to be contacted etc but you defo do have one, if you start contacting the case officer direct you're ma in effect aren't doing their job properly so this will look bad against them as you won't recommend them should anyone you know looks for an agent, just remind me of you're timeline again please? Are you a secondary or primary applicant? Thanks and good luck

Thanks Sarah

I am primary applicant .

457 only visa application lodged on . 28/6/13

Medicals finilised ....4/7/13

Applications being further processed .....4/10/13

Hi, im new to this forum and have been following this tread for a while. Just thought I would comment on my situation/progress.

Our application is joint and we are UK citizens moving to Brisbane, our timeline so far is:

23/08/13 - Employer submitted Nomination

30/08/13 - Application Recieved - Processing Commenced

14/08/13 - Application being processed further

We are currently living in New Zealand but I don't think that will make a difference.

Hopefully not too much longer, fingers crossed.

Good Luck everyone

Hi, im new to this forum and have been following this tread for a while. Just thought I would comment on my situation/progress.

Our application is joint and we are UK citizens moving to Brisbane, our timeline so far is:

23/08/13 - Employer submitted Nomination

30/08/13 - Application Recieved - Processing Commenced

14/08/13 - Application being processed further

We are currently living in New Zealand but I don't think that will make a difference.

Hopefully not too much longer, fingers crossed.

Good Luck everyone

Sorry I made a mistake

14/10/13 - Application being processed further

Sounds good Dave, if application being processed further has been updated yet you haven't been contacted for more information, if you uploaded all supporting evidence with your application seems the next thing will be you're visa grant! Good luck

Fingers Crossed

My MA. sent an e mail to (2/10/13 )DIAC to ask about my visa application . Which was lodged on 28 June . But he hasn't get any reply . " applications being further processed) on 4/10/13 . But my MA. Said case officer did not contact him . :err: it's going to be 4 months since lodgment of my 457 visa application .

See guys . How unlucky I am

My MA. sent an e mail to (2/10/13 )DIAC to ask about my visa application . Which was lodged on 28 June . But he hasn't get any reply . " applications being further processed) on 4/10/13 . But my MA. Said case officer did contact him . :err: it's going to be 4 months since lodgment of my 457 visa application .

See guys . How unlucky I am

Oh crap 4 months, I leave my job in New Zealand in a couple of weeks and when I do I won't have a right to stay here so was hoping it would be processed by then.

Might have to bugger off to Thailand for a while. Oh well, could be worse haha

Oh crap 4 months, I leave my job in New Zealand in a couple of weeks and when I do I won't have a right to stay here so was hoping it would be processed by then.

Might have to bugger off to Thailand for a while. Oh well, could be worse haha

Don't worry Dave . You will get visa soon . Good luck

Archived