Shortest ever job?

Bromney

I quit my job today after just 16 days, with my noticed period I would have been in the job for only 4 weeks and on this was a permie role! I got a better offer, one I couldn't really refuse.

Conversely the longest I've spent in a single job (well single company really) was 11 years.

What's the shortest and longest time you've ever spent in a job?

I did some outbound telesales in Sydney some years ago and just didnt come back after the coffee break on day 1. Mind you I dont think I was the only person to do this !!

I had summer jobs each year I was at Uni, I guess they would be my shortest jobs at about 12 weeks each, but then they were never going to be any longer and I stuck each one out for the whole holiday. Even the one that involved me working for a pittance 12 hours a day Monday to Friday and 3 hours on a Saturday morning, before the days of the minimum wage.

My longest job was really the only job I had since leaving Uni before I left the UK. I worked for the same company for nearly 15 years. To be fair I did a whole load of different jobs while I was there, but the last 10 years of that I was pretty much doing the same job the whole time.

My longest is 7 years, my shortest is about 2 weeks. The 2 weeks was when I took a contract (unusual for me, I am usually an employee and I think it suits me better). I left because I got my first pay packet and found they were not paying me the rate I had signed up for and also because they were a bunch of arrogant tosspots. To be honest the pay thing was just an excuse for me, I rang the agent that placed me and said I was not going back in, didn't care if they decided to go back to what we agreed re pay, it was too late, I wasn't going back

Guest guest30085

Longest 8 years. I've never worked anywhere for less than two years other than one job was a year, but . .

I took a sales job once, leaving a company I had worked at for 3 years. I lasted two weeks and then rung in sick on the third week and never went back. What a bunch of tosspots they were. A couple of the blokes were ex car salesmen (no offence to anyone intended, just referring to the ones I worked with) what a couple of self-important, arrogant, pushy t****. Enough said, you get the picture ;). I hated the job from day one.

I once walked out of a crappy waiter job after an hour. The owners were complete ar se wipes and deserved every drop of soup that was thrown in their general direction.

Needless to say I didn't get paid for that. Nor did i go back to that town to find out what they thought about it. He he !!

shortest one day and longest 14 months....Hopefully I'll be in this job longer, i've only ever left the previous job for a better job!

This is my 5th job in 5 years (not including the job i left after a day or the cleaning job in brissie)... I've had 2 retail jobs and now this is my 3rd care assistant job

I had a typist temp come in to help me out about a year back. She left after an hour.

Her excuse was that I showed her where the kitchen was, but didn't offer to make her a cup of tea. She didn't think she could work with someone with such a lack of manners. BAHA!

It may have been something to do with the fact that she seemed like a bit of a princess and she walked smack-bang into a typical construction site office where everyone was looking at her, trying to figure out why she was wearing 6" heels.

I did start a cleaning job in November that was incredibly tiring and hard work, back breaking actually, but I had no choice and needed the money. One girl I started with left after her first day, she went for a ciggie and management told her it wasn't allowed, so she left!

Shortest 1 day - first job in Oz after only 8 days in the country, guy they wanted me to work for spent the whole time telling me how lucky I was to work for him & how the drinks were on me because I was earning so much more than I would've done in England (I wasn't, I took a temp PA role as I was on a WHV - I'm a qualified professional & was earning much more in England!)

called the agent the next morning & said I wouldn't be returning - they weren't impressed!

longest 3 years and 4 months - only left to have a bit of adventure in Oz!

shortest for me was when I moved to spain for a summer job.... The lady arranged accomadation and work for me. When I arrived I went to visit the place I was working at and introduced myself to the owner.... Well that wasn't as good as I was told it was to be, so didn't even turn up on my first day:cool:, went and found somewhere else to work, and live :frown:...... Longest job is what I'm doing now, self-employed, been doing it for 7 yrs now... before that, 2 yrs was my record, so don't think I'm doing to bad. Although I will only get to the 10yrs and will have to start all over again.... but at least it'll be for a good cause, OZ!!!!

Shortest for me was 2 nights.Got a job as a Nursing Assistant in a residential home,doing night shifts,caring for 15 people,on my own at night!!!!! First night I had someone to show me the ropes,second night in,manager told me I'd be working alone.I quit that night!Longest is my current job,been there 6 yrs this coming May.

Archived