I'm going to train to be a cook to get my PR

Guest Guest68570

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest68570
Some absolutely first class trollage going on here!

Keeping me entertained mind.

Look mate, whether you are a troll or not, do you know the one reason you aren't really getting to me, although i must admit to being a little bit addicted to reading your wonderfully crazy posts.

It's the fact that I know what it takes to gain a decent career, I know what it takes to get out to Australia. I have also taken some fantastic advice from the lovely people on PIO over the last year or 2.

The difference between you and I is, that I have listened. Got my arse into gear, which I admit is difficult, but can be done.

I will be out in Australia in a few years time, getting on with life and doing what I love; whereas whether you are a troll or not. You won't.

Unless you get the hell off of the computer and start doing something productive, you shall always be the guy from PIO who never did anything, so mate. The choice is there for you to make.

Over to you and good luck either way, because my word, you are going to need it!

X

Oh really well we'll soon see about that wont we? I am currently doing a degree and am going to Australia in 7 months. Jealous? I think you are

Edited by Guest68570

Oh really well we'll soon see about that wont we? I am currently doing a degree and am going to Australia in 7 months. Jealous? I think you are

If you are currently doing a degree and going to Australia in 7 months, why do you need ALL OF THIS ADVICE on how to get to Australia.

Also, based on your timeline of events, if you are leaving in 7 months, then you are going to be dropping out of Uni and not completing your degree.

No I hate children.

Hairdresser would be the best move I think.

How can you hate children? They have short attention spans and often leap from one thing to the next as they love to explore everything and they are really funny as well as they say the most bizarre things at times which just crack you up.

Not sure hairdresser is for you though Jack, although I haven't met you personally it just doesn't seem to match the type of person you come across as. Plus, sorry to say but not sure I'd want my hair cut by you as you might change your mind about how you were cutting it half-way through and could end up with 3 different hairstyles rolled into one. However, I suppose there is always the possibility that you might make a name for yourself with your creative talents for outrageous hairstyles.

I think the best thing you can do is decide which route you are going to take, concentrate on that and give it 100% and that will be your best chance for a PR visa. You've been told all the best routes you can take so chose something that interests you and stick with it nobody truly knows what is going to happen in the future for PR visas look how much has changed in just the last couple of years. Good luck whatever path you chose.

I have a degree. One that's on the skills shortage list. I'm going to Australia in 4 days. I'd love to get sponsorship in it, but I doubt I will. You're better off getting experience first. 7 months is too soon. 7 years maybe.

You are a younger, dumber, less determined version of myself when I was trying to get me and hubbie out here. I looked at every single way I could possibly find to come over too. I tried to convince hubbie to train to be an air conditioning engineer (he was always complaining he didn't have a trade, and that one pays well and would always have work, would have been perfect). But he is the stressful type and worried that if he failed it would be all his fault that we couldn't stay in oz.

So I first considered child care are a couple of terrible agents tried to tell me you could get a skilled independent visa through, except you couldn't.

So that idea was dismissed.

If bricklaying had been offered in SA hubbie would have gone for that.

I then applied to do patisserie cooking. That course was full (quite a long way in advance).

So then I applied for a horticulture course and got in.

It has been HELL trying to get to stay. 4.5 years and still no permanent visa.

There was a post on here a couple of weeks ago from someone saying they couldn't get a sponsor as a hairdresser after being a student. Many people have had to leave because of exactly that.

The reasons it is harder than you would imagin is because firstly employers here prefer to employ people as casual staff. That way they can get rid of them at any time, and if the work isn't there one day send them home.

Secondly is that 457 and ens have minimum wages for sponsorship. Unless you are at a pretty good hairdressers and a higher level than just out of college, you will struggle to fit that.

Rsms has slightly lower wage requirements, but they are making it really hard for recent graduates, and the job has to be in regional Australia. There have been a few people on the rsms time line refused their visas for hairdressing.

As I said before. If I had my time again and was your age with spare money (which you must have if you are thinking of studying in oz) then I would train in the uk to be a nurse. Although I know of a couple of nurses who have struggled to get visas too.

And you are missing the main problem with your plan. Immigration are asking prospective students to show that they have no plans to try to stay in Australia once their visa is finished. To me this is huge alarm bells. They are changing the immigration rules all the time, and never to make it easier. I believe once everyone here has come in at a time where they have agreed that they won't be looking to stay, that the rules will change so that students don't even have the option.

I'm sure you will ignor everything I am saying, but in the end I am the only one commenting who has actually been in your position with your frame of mind. Learn from me.

Your best bet would have been to come over on a whv, do your three months straight off. Fall in love within the next nine months and move in together. Live together for a year and apply for a defacto visa. But as you already had your first whv this won't work now.

Go to Australia train to be hairdresser for 2 years on study visa

Then become a hairdresser and get 457- Ens- Pr how does that sound?

Hairdressing is one of those occupations that gets taken off the skills wanted lists .... try another

Guest The Pom Queen
Hairdressing is one of those occupations that gets taken off the skills wanted lists .... try another

Noooooooooo, please don't tell him that, he has already gone through the alphabet listing all the careers he could have :laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
How can you hate children? They have short attention spans and often leap from one thing to the next as they love to explore everything and they are really funny as well as they say the most bizarre things at times which just crack you up.

Not sure hairdresser is for you though Jack, although I haven't met you personally it just doesn't seem to match the type of person you come across as. Plus, sorry to say but not sure I'd want my hair cut by you as you might change your mind about how you were cutting it half-way through and could end up with 3 different hairstyles rolled into one. However, I suppose there is always the possibility that you might make a name for yourself with your creative talents for outrageous hairstyles.

I think the best thing you can do is decide which route you are going to take, concentrate on that and give it 100% and that will be your best chance for a PR visa. You've been told all the best routes you can take so chose something that interests you and stick with it nobody truly knows what is going to happen in the future for PR visas look how much has changed in just the last couple of years. Good luck whatever path you chose.

:laugh: :laugh:

Here is another occupation for you. Pilot. Not on the lists, but I am sure with your reasoning skills you have rightly shown on here you can wrangle a visa off that.

Don't worry about the time and expense involved to go and get the CPL with MECIR and the pre-requisite 250 hours minimum (try 1000 hours to be realistic), I am sure you can do a "short course like your 7 month degree and get by with that.

My advice for you, on a completely serious note, is to get off this forum, get on your feet and off your arse and get on with getting a real job, with real skills, and a real degree that you can rely on to help your path into Australia. Everyone else does the hard work, why can't you you just man up and get on with it.

In my opinion, we have plenty of kids here, we don't need anymore who stamp their feet because they don't get what they want. Crikey, I have 2 to deal with and that is enough!!!

Hi

I have been watching this thread (and others of the same ilk) with increasing incredulation not only at the fact that the original poster is probably suffering from depression and needs to see his GP but also at the increasing amount of baiting going on.

So PLEASE moderators shut this thread down as it is becoming more and more reminiscent of bullying of someone who sounds vulnerable and unhappy.

Jon

Edited by jonmitch

Well i dont agree on the bullying bit. How can you say i've been bullying him after 6 months of trying to help him?

Its alright for you to say that, didnt see you offering any help. Bit different sitting watching it all going on than having your advice and help being thrown in your face time and time again.

However i do agree about the mental health part and that the thread should probably be shut down now.

I do agree that these threads of Jacks should prob be shut down. The level of frustration that is developing is inciting quite a few to be uncharacteristically caustic.... and at times that has included myself....

What I will say though jonmitch, is that, on many of these threads I have urged the individual to seek help of the mental health variety... I do think there is something not quite right, this has been said to the OP, yet you cannot force people...

Edited by Tickled Pink

Hi

I have been watching this thread (and others of the same ilk) with increasing incredulation not only at the fact that the original poster is probably suffering from depression and needs to see his GP but also at the increasing amount of baiting going on.

So PLEASE moderators shut this thread down as it is becoming more and more reminiscent of bullying of someone who sounds vulnerable and unhappy.

Jon

totally, agree with this post: vicious cyber bullying. Thanks goodness no one mentioned Jack join the Australian Army as a way in!!!! Keep trying Jack god loves someone who has tried. Just don't try the refugee route. Edited by craigyboy

I don't think this really comes under the remit of 'vicious cyber bullying'.... no one is persuing Jack, forcing him to post, attempting to uncover or defamate his true identity etc...

He has, spanning many months, received advice after advice, including people urging him to seek medical help, yet he ignores it all and starts up knew crazy threads, similar to previous ones. People are now at the end of the road of what to say to him. so are now just having a bit of fun.... at Jacks expense mostly, but fun all the same.

Jack can stop these ridiculous and antagonistic posts whenever he likes, and no one will be anything but relieved! Also, if he posts sensibly, people will be happy to revert to giving well meaning advice.... work both ways really.

Edited by Tickled Pink