I'm going to train to be a cook to get my PR

Guest Guest68570

Good for you Jack, glad that the pressure is off you now and your cunning (not so subtle plan) has worked. You will soon be on your way to Australia ........unless of course you are winding us all up and at the same time probably jinxing any real opportunity in the future.

Anyway I will be looking forward to your updates.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to stick around and read the replies as they come in, but I need to be up at 6 in the morning for a 2 hour drive to University, to get the degree I want, in a job I am lucky enough to adore, which also just happens to be on the SOL List.

After Uni I have another 2 hour drive back. I am then going to work at the supermarket tomorrow night and then the weekend as well, oh and my other job at the radio station. Oh I better also find some time for some self directed study in there as well!

Not trying to put you down, but I think this is what people mean when they say hard work.

Just get your head down. You say you don't want to waste time in a country you hate and waste your life, but all the time you are spending just messing around, trying to find a way of getting to Australia with the least amount of effort is just doing exactly that!

Guest Guest68570
If you could get sponsorship for that without any experience half the people on here would be doing the same thing.

You need to think up something better than that!

I have been working in that area for four years! And it is on the CSOL.

Guest melanie79

im the same, i want to be able to access this easily. ive really enjoyed this thread, been chuckling away for the last 20 minutes reading through, although after page 2 i knew it was a wind up, but still very entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy smoke! This should be an interesting read over the next few days/weeks/months!

Pretty much only commenting on the post so I have easy access to it in the future.

Well... (I thought I better be honest.)

Good luck though.

I have been working in that area for four years! And it is on the CSOL.

Wow that's great, you're already a skilled worker

I don't know why you would want to go re-training as

a cook

an actor

a drama teacher

a customs officer

a businessman

a TEFL teacher

a New Zealand resident.

a mail order husband

no need for any of that

The answer was right there in front of you the whole time:biggrin:

Edited by milliem

Wow that's great, you're already a skilled worker

I don't know why you would want to go re-training as

a cook

an actor

a drama teacher

a customs officer

a businessman

a TEFL teacher

a New Zealand resident.

a mail order husband

no need for any of that

The answer was right there in front of you the whole time:biggrin:

Personally my favourite was looking to be sponsored as a Customs Officer, I near crapped myself with laughter that day.

If PIO had a thread of classic threads.... that one would be top of the list.

Guest guest71686

"I do it because i can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't"

just say that to the DIAC the determination is sure to get you pr straight away :laugh:

Guest littlesarah

You mean, you don't get points for the degree of longing to get PR? That's just not fair - why should a person have to have skills that Australia actually has need of just to get a visa?!

That's it! I'm going home (the one I got my working my tail off and having skills that are still in demand).

This thread is rather too amusing - I think I may sue because it's keeping me from getting on with writing an important report!!:biglaugh:

Edited by littlesarah

Why are you on this forum Jack? Why??? Nothing we say makes the slightest bit of difference to you, so why do you keep coming back? And what do you hope to gain/find out? No one here is going to employ you, train you or marry you....no one here has any sway with DIAC, and all the suggestions have been given.... so what is it you seek here? Or are you trolling.... Hmmmm

Speak to a migration agent, that is the ONLY option you haven't tried, and who CAN give you definitive answers that you seek. (Although I suspect you will not be happy with what they tell you either). If, as you have stated on one thread or another, you are in the position to save 8 grand in a year, then a few hundred for a consultation from a registered migration agent will be small change to you...

I note, Jack, that you have not attempted to provide any answers.... since we have all provided answers to your questions, I think it only polite that you respond to some questions coming the other way.... avoiding questions like this only solidifies my opinion that you are a wind up, maybe some sad old guy sat in his pants, sitting up at gone midnight in the UK looking for kicks... or friends??

Guest guest71686
You mean, you don't get points for the degree of longing to get PR? That's just not fair - why should a person have to have skills that Australia actually has need of just to get a visa?!

That's it! I'm going home (the one I got my working my tail off and having skills that are still in demand).

This thread is rather too amusing - I think I may sue because it's keeping me from getting on with writing an important report!!:biglaugh:

[h=1]Visas, Immigration and Refugees[/h]

[h=2]Overview[/h]

• Professionals and other skilled workers seeking work or business in Australia

• People moving permanently to Australia or returning from overseas

• Tourists, working holiday, people transiting, visiting family or friends, or visiting for business or an event

• People studying or seeking study, training, or skills development in Australia

• Education agents and providers

• Employers who sponsor skilled people to work in Australia

• Australia's Refugee and Humanitarian programs

• Important information people should know about Australian visas

• Those that are considered by the DIAC to be extra determined to live in australia who wish to apply for a 498 visa under the "we really like you come on over champ" programme

I think we've missed a visa, have you considered the 498 visa?

Visas, Immigration and Refugees

Overview

• Professionals and other skilled workers seeking work or business in Australia

• People moving permanently to Australia or returning from overseas

• Tourists, working holiday, people transiting, visiting family or friends, or visiting for business or an event

• People studying or seeking study, training, or skills development in Australia

• Education agents and providers

• Employers who sponsor skilled people to work in Australia

• Australia's Refugee and Humanitarian programs

• Important information people should know about Australian visas

• Those that are considered by the DIAC to be extra determined to live in australia who wish to apply for a 498 visa under the "we really like you come on over champ" programme

I think we've missed a visa, have you considered the 498 visa?

Huge LOL from me!!!!

Guest Guest68570

I am on the forum for advise and to talk to others in my situation. I have contacted migration agents and they have told me a flurry of information but I find its better to hear from people who have had the experience first hand.

I am on the forum for advise and to talk to others in my situation. I have contacted migration agents and they have told me a flurry of information but I find its better to hear from people who have had the experience first hand.

No one on here is in your 'unique' situation Jack!! Lots of people have told you their experience first hand, and you continue to ignore it all...

You should apply for the 498 visa, and start your own timeline thread - you will have A LOT of interested followers....

Guest Guest68570

“It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.” The Bhagavad Gita

"Its nice to be important but its even more important to be nice." Jackrew12, Poms in Oz.

Guest Guest68570
No one on here is in your 'unique' situation Jack!! Lots of people have told you their experience first hand, and you continue to ignore it all...

You should apply for the 498 visa, and start your own timeline thread - you will have A LOT of interested followers....

there's no such fing as that visa. see my above quotations.

“It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.” The Bhagavad Gita

"Its nice to be important but its even more important to be nice." Jackrew12, Poms in Oz.

You do know (since you are at University) that plagiarism is wrong don't you Jack?? (here's a definition incase you are unsure... The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.)

The quote you have tried to pass of as (Jackrew 12, 2012) is in fact by John Cassis

Tut tut....