176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Congratulations Andy, you have had a fair old wait haven't you!!!

I have to admit its a tough cal but as you're not planning to leave until next year, I'd say go for the 176 at least you're sure to actually get your visa.

Who knows what will happen after Sunday!

We haven't had our SS back so we will be dealt with under skillselect. I'm sure it will all happen though, they don't want to stop people emmigrating it just feels a little uncertain now though.

Anyhow, let us all know what you decide to do!

Its a good position to be in :jiggy:

Hi all,

Got my Victoria SS through today....only took 10 weeks!!!! :chatterbox:

Now then, should I apply for the 176 or wait til Sunday and apply via Skill Select?

Will my visa be processed more quickly on Skill Select?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations Andy, you have had a fair old wait haven't you!!!

I have to admit its a tough cal but as you're not planning to leave until next year, I'd say go for the 176 at least you're sure to actually get your visa.

Who knows what will happen after Sunday!

We haven't had our SS back so we will be dealt with under skillselect. I'm sure it will all happen though, they don't want to stop people emmigrating it just feels a little uncertain now though.

Anyhow, let us all know what you decide to do!

Its a good position to be in :jiggy:

You will have to apply as fast as you can for 176 under the current system as your sponsorship is only valid for 176, if you don't apply until 1 July it will be lost.

Applying now before 1 July means your visa will be processed outside Skillselect and under current test points of 65 and under current regulations.

Also, after 1 July your occupation might not be on the list of your state and your lost sponsorship for 176 won't be renewed as the occupation is no longer on the list. Furthermore, if you want to apply for 190 with sponsorship after 1 July you have to register first in Skillselect submitting an EOI and selecting the preferred state, then apply again for sponsorship if your occupation is on the list and the answer (the sponsorship grant) will be that they nominate you for a visa invitation in skillselect. Only after that you will be able to apply

Best of luck!

Sorry it was intended for aduffield76....

@aduffield76

You will have to apply as fast as you can for 176 under the current system as your sponsorship is only valid for 176, if you don't apply until 1 July it will be lost.

Applying now before 1 July means your visa will be processed outside Skillselect and under current test points of 65 and under current regulations.

Also, after 1 July your occupation might not be on the list of your state and your lost sponsorship for 176 won't be renewed as the occupation is no longer on the list. Furthermore, if you want to apply for 190 with sponsorship after 1 July you have to register first in Skillselect submitting an EOI and selecting the preferred state, then apply again for sponsorship if your occupation is on the list and the answer (the sponsorship grant) will be that they nominate you for a visa invitation in skillselect. Only after that you will be able to apply

Best of luck!

Yeah, Lodged the application yesterday. Got a Transaction Number and sent it over to Victoria to lodge against my State Sponsorship.

I filled in the form, answered the questions, and paid the MASSIVE fee.....is that it once I have a Transaction/Reference number? Is that all I have to do?

Ive only managed to upload 80% of the required documents before they took the site down for maintenance (perfect bleedin' timing on that one)

Does anyone know if you can upload your documents at a later stage? ie when the site is back up later on today?

Cheers guys

Cheers guys, you're all legends! :cute:

I suppose Ive just got to wait now......stand by the old email again waiting for any noise from DIAC.

What is the next step? Does anyone know?

Will I get an acknowledgement email of any sorts....from a CO (Whatever one of those is?!?! :err:)

Muchas Gracias

Is anybody else who is waiting for a CO sitting here, frustrated that it is the weekend, and that we now have to wait a whole two days before there is any possibility of us hearing anything? I used to look forward to weekends, now I can't wait for them to be out of the way!!!

I'm not good at patience :-)

Also......what do I do regarding Medical Checks, Police Checks etc??

QKptKd3z5QyD0nvnqUpTcxVJGcQhyu86t5WfBHZtTdXzv441CRksJ0osadmM+yhiy6nqGb44YzvkkmmARlYHgdEey0x4lRmM7TCu2dbzyrKUBoAAAA5KGNftAilYe90AQDew9ujwUfydrO+3dxFKA0AAIAPBkoDAAAgL1AaAAAAeYHSAAAAyAuUBgAAQF6gNAAAAPICpQEAAJAXKA0AAIC8QGkAAADkBUoDAAAgL1AaAAAAeYHSAAAAyAuUBgAAQF6gNAAAAPICpQEAAJAXKA0AAIC8QGkAAADk5X8lbTbZ6QYuVAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Do I wait to be asked for them? What have all you guys done?

Thanks in advance

A lot of people frontload the PCCs and meds, which will expedite the visa grant process. The only downside to doing this is that you only have 1 year from the date of either your meds or PCCs (whichever date is earliest) to enter Australia to activate the visa, so frontloading will shorten the amount of time you have to go over there.

I kind of wish I had frontloaded the meds because that's all I'm waiting on now and it's been an excruciating wait!

Is anybody else who is waiting for a CO sitting here, frustrated that it is the weekend, and that we now have to wait a whole two days before there is any possibility of us hearing anything? I used to look forward to weekends, now I can't wait for them to be out of the way!!!

I'm not good at patience :-)

You need to relax! Some skilled visa applicants have been waiting for 3+ years to hear from a case officer!

Best regards.

You need to relax! Some skilled visa applicants have been waiting for 3+ years to hear from a case officer!

Best regards.

Our process has had lots of ups and downs but we count ourselves very, very lucky to have the opportunity to migrate down under. We have friends who don't have enough points to make the move and they are gutted. Now that we are (hopefully) at the final hurdle we will relax, just a little! Our agent has been brilliant and from getting TRA approval on Monday our 176 application is now lodged. 1 week ago we had quite frankly given up any hopes of getting in ahead of the 1st July deadline.

Just read this thread from the beginning - took a while!

Congratulations to those who have had their visa granted - let your adventures begin!

And for all of us who are waiting, at least it's the weekend so hopefully we will get a couple of good nights sleep knowing nothing will be happening at DIAC - every cloud and all :SLEEP:

Guest fultonclan
Our process has had lots of ups and downs but we count ourselves very, very lucky to have the opportunity to migrate down under. We have friends who don't have enough points to make the move and they are gutted. Now that we are (hopefully) at the final hurdle we will relax, just a little! Our agent has been brilliant and from getting TRA approval on Monday our 176 application is now lodged. 1 week ago we had quite frankly given up any hopes of getting in ahead of the 1st July deadline.

Huge congratulations for beating the deadline! Yey! :laugh:

Hi june 176 gang, i,m a little worried as i checked my application on DIAC( Couldn,t at all yest, must have been v busy!!!), and it says processing commenced but when i checked the document checklist it says all our main docs ie birth certs/ my skills assessments ect are required!!!! does this mean the docs i,ve uploaded 2 weeks ago didn,t upload.... any boby had the same and got a co ??? Anxious...

Guest ronkhu
Hi june 176 gang, i,m a little worried as i checked my application on DIAC( Couldn,t at all yest, must have been v busy!!!), and it says processing commenced but when i checked the document checklist it says all our main docs ie birth certs/ my skills assessments ect are required!!!! does this mean the docs i,ve uploaded 2 weeks ago didn,t upload.... any boby had the same and got a co ??? Anxious...

No, it means that your documents have been uploaded and is waiting for a CO to be assigned to your application who will review your application after he is assigne dto your case and once he is satisfied with your documents, he will change the document status to "Met"

As per the current trend for 176 visa, average time to get a CO is around 3 weeks. - So dont worry. It is as per the process.

Don't worry, if you go to the upload document page you will find them on the list there if you want to put your mind at ease. When your case officer starts looking at your file they will usually change them to 'met' or 'received' but not always. My CO never changed my docs and they still showed as 'required' evebn after grant.

Good luck

Millie x

No, it means that your documents have been uploaded and is waiting for a CO to be assigned to your application who will review your application after he is assigne dto your case and once he is satisfied with your documents, he will change the document status to "Met"

As per the current trend for 176 visa, average time to get a CO is around 3 weeks. - So dont worry. It is as per the process.

Oh thank you for your quick reply...you,ve set my mind at ease now... Thank you and good luck to you too. x

Don't worry, if you go to the upload document page you will find them on the list there if you want to put your mind at ease. When your case officer starts looking at your file they will usually change them to 'met' or 'received' but not always. My CO never changed my docs and they still showed as 'required' evebn after grant.

Good luck

Millie x

Thank you too Millie, and good luck with ur plans and life in Australia, ( can,t seem to like your comment for some reason). Linda xx

Guest Nicola Cubbage

Hi there,

We have just lodged our application on 28th June prior to the changes. Does anyone know how long it is tending to take??

Hi June 2012 gang (glad to be a part of it at last! :cute:)

What happens with the medicals and police check?

When I get assigned a CO, do they request them?

Where do I get them done? Do they tell you that too?

Muchas Gracias amigos

Well done on beating the deadline! Right, first time I've given advice so here goes, if I'm wrong on anything please don't hesitate to correct me!

With regard to the police and med checks you can wait until they are requested or 'front load' them this means get them done and upload any relevant info before CO asks for them. I guess it depends on your time frame and how quickly you want everything to get processed. Remember though that you have to have validated your visa within 12 months of your police and meds approval date. Here's a link for the approved doctors

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

Here's a link for police check (if you're from the UK) http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

If you're not in the UK try use this to find your countries details http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/character-penal.pdf

Getting assigned a CO seems to vary but it can take up to 4 weeks. Looking at peoples timelines, May applications seemed to get a CO much quicker than this although June applicants seem to have been waiting up to the 4 weeks.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hi there,

We have just lodged our application on 28th June prior to the changes. Does anyone know how long it is tending to take??

Sorry only just noticed the multi quote button so couldn't comment on your post in my last one :embarrassed:

Timelines are varying, as I said in my last post appointment of a CO seemed to be quicker in May than June. My thinking is though, that they might speed things up when SkillSelect formatlly starts to clear all the old applications before the influx of new. I don't know if others would agree?

Archived