176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I observed on peoples timeline signature here, I noticed that they assign a co to you quickly depending on what state sponsored you. As for me, I was ss by south australia, and they do assign a co in just a couple of days. Mine took 6 days to get a co after I lodged my 176 online. West Aus ss seem to take longer to assign a co from what im seeing here it takes 2-4 weeks or longer.

Ooh I hope so! :wink: :yes:

From what I observed on peoples timeline signature here, I noticed that they assign a co to you quickly depending on what state sponsored you. As for me, I was ss by south australia, and they do assign a co in just a couple of days. Mine took 6 days to get a co after I lodged my 176 online. West Aus ss seem to take longer to assign a co from what im seeing here it takes 2-4 weeks or longer.

First off, yes deadline is now closed so well done to all the June gang, we made it. It seems like WA had substantially more applications that any of the other states and as a result they possibly have more to do regarding the sending off of the form 1100 etc. So yes I think your analysis seems fair. I know the waiting is like a killer. But what is a week or two extra. As long as you get your visa in the end that is all that counts.

I am only planing on going over early next year, so other than the stress until I get the confirmation email it is no major if the process takes 6 weeks or 10.

I have a question about medicals. The doctor says he can send results by Fedex or submit them online, is he going to be able to do that without the CO asking for it? In that case, we would need to give him our reference number I suppose? I am confused because it seems that people loaded their medicals themselves ( based on other posts). Do you actually get the copy of the result? I would rather upload it myself but not sure if it`s possible. The visa checklist lists "medicals outstanding" and there is apparently a form, whenever I tried to download it in the past 3 days it was temporarily unavailable :(.

That`s an interesting idea, I didn`t notice it but might be right

I have a question about medicals. The doctor says he can send results by Fedex or submit them online, is he going to be able to do that without the CO asking for it? In that case, we would need to give him our reference number I suppose? I am confused because it seems that people loaded their medicals themselves ( based on other posts). Do you actually get the copy of the result? I would rather upload it myself but not sure if it`s possible. The visa checklist lists "medicals outstanding" and there is apparently a form, whenever I tried to download it in the past 3 days it was temporarily unavailable :(.

No, it's the medical team that uploads the results. Online (eHealth) is much quicker and is recommended - you can find a list of eHealth medical centres near where you live by going on the DIAC site

Just to throw a spanner in the works my ss is WA and I only took 6 days too?! Doesn't seem to be any consistency with how long the CO are taking.

After me saying that I think they might clear all of the old applications first, I found this today

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

In the table headed 'Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities' it states:

State Migration Plans (SMP)(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) - 12 months

SkillSelect SMP (subclass 190 and 489) - 6 months

What do you think?

I uploaded all my main required docs when I applied for my 176 last week. My application (prior to actual lodging and payment) has NOT been open for more than 28 days but I wanted to just put payslips, tax forms, letter of experience from my employer and a form 80's. Just because I have them all in electronic format. I know that once I get a CO they will ask for them any way.

I can't seem to upload any more docs. When I try and log into the initial page, the one where you only had the number and password, I put the details in and it says "already been lodged". On the check status where you use your TRN, passport number, DOB etc. there is no place to upload. Can I still upload the docs or do I need to wait for a case officer and then for them to request them?

After me saying that I think they might clear all of the old applications first, I found this today

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

In the table headed 'Processing times – skilled migration applications affected by processing priorities' it states:

State Migration Plans (SMP)(subclass 176, 475, 487, 886) - 12 months

SkillSelect SMP (subclass 190 and 489) - 6 months

What do you think?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

I think this is the link applicable to us.

Hi Everyone!

We submitted our 176 skilled sponsored on 13/06/12 and have yet been assigned a CO. We finished uploading our documents last week so hope to hear from them soon.

We've been looking at a few conversations of people who applied late last year / early this year and can't believe how quick their visas are being granted!! Is anyone else shocked at this, we thought it takes 18 months?!?!

Guest fultonclan
Hi Everyone!

We submitted our 176 skilled sponsored on 13/06/12 and have yet been assigned a CO. We finished uploading our documents last week so hope to hear from them soon.

We've been looking at a few conversations of people who applied late last year / early this year and can't believe how quick their visas are being granted!! Is anyone else shocked at this, we thought it takes 18 months?!?!

No, its been alot quicker as of late. Some members have been granted their visas within 2 months of lodgement! Maybe quicker for some! :tongue:

Hi Everyone!

When we decided in February that we would like to start the process, never in a million years did I think we would have the visa in our hand by June - awesome!

Guest fultonclan
Oh wow, best get the house on the market pretty pronto then!!

On this website, can anyone tell me how you put the info of your progress (e.g IELTS results, when you submitted etc) I've no idea!

Thank you!

Just go to your settings, then edit signature and away you go!

Thanks for that reply smithinoz, we are slightly freaking out now!!

Do you think it depends on your profession?

I don't know. Many of the May team got theirs equally as quickly and we are all different professions from tradies to office workers etc. I lived, breathed, ate and slept Australia ....... :biggrin: every spare minute was devoted to getting the visa. Plus I'm a but of a hoarder - I kept everything, even paper diaries, going back to the year 2000 so all the information I needed was readily available. good luck with yours. X

We are off to Perth. Just me and hubby. My daughter (who is 18) may come out in January for a long holiday - hoping she will love it and decide to come over permanently.

I did the whole visa process myself, but without the support of PIO I reckon I would have buckled under the pressure. It's an awsone site and I feel like I have made some good friends already (who are also heading to Perth - you know who you are ;-))

X

Ahh that's lovely, I hope to make some friends on here too! We are going to Sydney as my husbands sister lives there so thought as we are moving all this way we would stay near her at least for now. I've heard Perth is beautiful, when do you plan to move?

We've been looking at the whole removal company / container business this afternoon, haven't a clue where to start sometimes!

x

We hope to be in Perth by 1st October - so exactly 3 months :eek:

Good luck with all your plans

Ahh that's lovely, I hope to make some friends on here too! We are going to Sydney as my husbands sister lives there so thought as we are moving all this way we would stay near her at least for now. I've heard Perth is beautiful, when do you plan to move?

We've been looking at the whole removal company / container business this afternoon, haven't a clue where to start sometimes!

x

We hope to be in Perth by 1st October - so exactly 3 months :eek:

Good luck with all your plans

Hi do you know where about in Perth you are going? Do you know anyone there? My bestfriend is going there end of Oct, they are initially going to West Perth, we hope to follow just after Easter 2013, all depends on DIAC though we are still waiting for a CO !! Ali

Hi do you know where about in Perth you are going? Do you know anyone there? My bestfriend is going there end of Oct, they are initially going to West Perth, we hope to follow just after Easter 2013, all depends on DIAC though we are still waiting for a CO !! Ali

We have booked our initial accommodation in central Perth, near kings park. The only people we will 'know' are people on PIO. Guess most of us will be in the same boat. Hope you get your CO soon :biggrin:

Archived