176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Mmm sounds fun, look forward to that one!

My agent said that they are being particularly slow with allocating CO's as its the end of the Australian financial year?!? We put our application in on 18th June and no case officer yet but I wouldn't expect one for about 4 weeks - does that fit with others' expectations?

I spoke to my agent today and they said the same thing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Got my Victoria SS through today....only took 10 weeks!!!! :chatterbox:

Now then, should I apply for the 176 or wait til Sunday and apply via Skill Select?

Will my visa be processed more quickly on Skill Select?

I'd apply for the 176 now, if processing is about the same as when I applied in May you;ll have a visa in July/early Aug

Wow talk about cutting it fine but my husband and I have joined the June gang and we are sooooooooooooo happy!! :biggrin: He did IELTS at end of Apr and since then it's been pretty much non stop, bit of a drama with skills assessment but got that done, the WA SS lodged yesterday and approved today!! Can't believe we got there with big thanks to everyone at Go Matilda who have been fab!! Now we just have to wait and this is where I start worrying, don't want anything to go wrong now! Thanks to everyone one on here for all your comments and advice! :wubclub:

Well done - we used Go Matilda too, can't fault them

Aaand relax....got wa ss a couple of days ago and have just lodged the 176 and uploading docs:). Just a quick question though...did anyone else sign the form electronically and e-mail back to the state sponsors using echosign?

cheers all,

Darren

Hi there and congratulations on making it in time for the 1st of July. Yes it will be OK signing it with that echo-sign thing, we did and all was OK. After you have filled it out and stamped it with your electronic signature, save and send it as an attachment on a email, If you try and send it with Adobe it a PAIN in the backside...

Good luck on your journey...

Dave...

Guest sharmagaurav
Hi all,

Now then, should I apply for the 176 or wait til Sunday and apply via Skill Select?

Hi aduffield76, I would suggest you to go ahead with online application ASAP...........why do you think so many people are racing to apply before the 1st July deadline..........

Skill select is exclusively by invitation from DIAC after which you can make the application........you just apply via skill select and wait that DIAC would send you invitation to make the application.......

DONT WAIT.............DO IT NOW..........all the best

Well after last night (or should I say into early this morning) finishing my app, uploading many docs and paying a fortune to the OZ immigration we join the wait for a CO. :biggrin:

Just a reminder to those of you cutting it even more fine me. Adelaide is many hours ahead of much of the rest of the world especially the UK so if you do it on sat 30th make sure it is early morning your side or you wont make the cut off.

Guest fultonclan
Any body else,s visa application just showing Processing commenced..??? i lodged on the 16th June...(176).... no co as yet.....x

Same here, lodged on 15th, 'processing commenced' since the 17th but no word from a CO. Shouldn't be too long now though, hopefully. But think of it this way at least we were one of the lucky ones who managed to lodge before July! :wubclub:

Welcome vazagothic and congrats on the 176 and new baby coming............what an exciting time all around! Can't give info on how to solve birth certificate issue but I think there are other ways to prove a birth like family history and family statements, do a search on DIAC website. Are you doing yours yourself or with an agent? If you are in the U.S. like me and haven't sent off for your FBI background check I would do it now since it is taking 8+ weeks ($18 a copy) unless you are not looking to get visa in a hurry.

Good luck, I submitted mine JUne 1st and just got 5 pg. email confirmation of receipt - looks like being processed out of Adelaide.

Hi

Mu husband does not have a birth certificate due to where he was born (not the done thing back then!) We sent a ID card as proof.

Good luck

Hi all,

I lodged my application yesterday 27/06/12 but when I tried to upload my documents immediately, it said my application wasn't ready to receive uploaded documents. Also, on my checklist, it still lists many documents as required. Is it after I have been assigned a CO that my documents will be called for? I really need help on what to do after one's visa application has been filled and paid for. Where do I go to upload documents?

Thanks guys.

Hi all,

If you are going to lodge under the present skilled visa regime remember there is an e-visa system outage from tomorrow (Friday 29/06) from noon UK time:

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/outage.htm

Best regards.

Hi maybe you can try logging in this website since the website for uploading the docs is separate from the site where you check your visa app status.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

Hi all,

I lodged my application yesterday 27/06/12 but when I tried to upload my documents immediately, it said my application wasn't ready to receive uploaded documents. Also, on my checklist, it still lists many documents as required. Is it after I have been assigned a CO that my documents will be called for? I really need help on what to do after one's visa application has been filled and paid for. Where do I go to upload documents?

Thanks guys.

Guest kerry19
Same here, lodged on 15th, 'processing commenced' since the 17th but no word from a CO. Shouldn't be too long now though, hopefully. But think of it this way at least we were one of the lucky ones who managed to lodge before July! :wubclub:

we lodged on the 1st and still no CO. when i check it still says processing commenced but our medicals finalised...hmmmmm.

might phone up our agent and ask her to give them a ring and see whats going on.....

your right though, at least we lodged before the 1st july!!!!

Yay! I logged my application yesterday 27th June and I'm mighty pleased I was able to beat the July 1 deadline. I'm not sure what to do next though, where do I go to start uploading my documents?

Well done for beating the 1st July deadline, Walvia. :biggrin:

You upload your documents here: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration-attachments.htm

Well after last night (or should I say into early this morning) finishing my app, uploading many docs and paying a fortune to the OZ immigration we join the wait for a CO. :biggrin:

Just a reminder to those of you cutting it even more fine me. Adelaide is many hours ahead of much of the rest of the world especially the UK so if you do it on sat 30th make sure it is early morning your side or you wont make the cut off.

Wooohoooo!!!

Hi there and congratulations on making it in time for the 1st of July. Yes it will be OK signing it with that echo-sign thing, we did and all was OK. After you have filled it out and stamped it with your electronic signature, save and send it as an attachment on a email, If you try and send it with Adobe it a PAIN in the backside...

Good luck on your journey...

Dave...

Thanks for the advice and kind words Dave....it all worked,got e-mail this morn to say it's been acknowledged:)

cheers,

Darren

Archived