176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

This might be a silly question, I applied on June 1st so my 28 days of attaching docs are almost up. Can I still attach things after the first 28 days or will the system close uploads? I don't have a CO yet...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

I have found this thread very beneficial over the last few months so I thought I'd contribute with my timeline. Received an e-mail to day saying I received a CO so very excited :biggrin:

Occupation - Mechanical Engineer, IELTS 10/12/11, Engineers Australia CDR Application 01/03/12 – 30/05/12, WA SS lodged 31/05/12 WA SS Granted 01/06/12, 176 submitted 07/06/12, CO 26/06/12, Meds booked 06/07/12, PCC ????

Hi all

Im very nervous and checking my email around 326 time a day......does anyone know how long WA SS is taking??

If I put it in tue and had an email fri saying our application is currently being assessed does this mean we still might stand a chance?

If they close will they still assess or would they just stop then continue to assess when they re-open July 1????

Feel ick!!! :eek: x

Have you heard today? Ours took a week.... applied on the Thu, got the email/letter the following Thu. When we applied for the 176 we emailed the signed acceptance to WA (with the Visa TRN#) on a Saturday and they replied to say they'd confirmed with DIAC the following Wednesday, so their confirmation to DIAC took 4 days. Keeping my fx you hear soon.

Guest ronkhu
Have you heard today? Ours took a week.... applied on the Thu, got the email/letter the following Thu. When we applied for the 176 we emailed the signed acceptance to WA (with the Visa TRN#) on a Saturday and they replied to say they'd confirmed with DIAC the following Wednesday, so their confirmation to DIAC took 4 days. Keeping my fx you hear soon.

Same here KathB35 - I sent the signed copy of my WA SS letter on Friday night (22nd June) and got a confirmation today from WA that they have submitted my details to DIAC today.

Guest thehoe5

Hi Kath

No not yet... Didn't sleep a wink last night I just want it in before the deadline it will be a shame to get this close and fall at the last hurdle!!!

Once it's in I can breath!!!... I just don't want to go through skillselect as its took me a year to get these rules in my head!!! Don't really get skillselect if I'm honest.

Oh well looks like another night laid listening to the hubby snore!! :( x

Guest ronkhu
Hi Kath

No not yet... Didn't sleep a wink last night I just want it in before the deadline it will be a shame to get this close and fall at the last hurdle!!!

Once it's in I can breath!!!... I just don't want to go through skillselect as its took me a year to get these rules in my head!!! Don't really get skillselect if I'm honest.

Oh well looks like another night laid listening to the hubby snore!! :( x

thehoe5 - Did you get any email from WA stating that your application is being assessed ? If yes, when ?

As i see that you have applied on 20th June - you can expect the outcome on 27th June definitely !!!

Guest ronkhu
Checked my email yesterday got a case officer already team 7!! will book my meds and pccs this week!! hope itll all be quick! :biggrin:

Congrats Paris - I am sure it will move fast :-)

Has anyone from the June gang actually had contact from a case officer yet??

Hi fultonclan, I submitted mine on the 8th June and my status had changed to further processing on the 14th and my migration agent advised me that they had asked for medicals and police checks. I sent off for the police check last week and they still haven't cashed the cheque but I know I read it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to come back and we had the meds today. Thank god this is the final hurdle!! Can't wait to book the flights. Is anybody going over without jobs and getting work when they get over there? Both my husband and I are accountants and the thought of not having a job between us is a little daunting, but have read this would appear to be the only way to get jobs over there.

Guest PBrady
Has anyone from the June gang actually had contact from a case officer yet??

Hi,

Yes i have a case officer, lodged the 1st June, received an email on Saturday morning from case officer looking for me and hubby to complete Form 80's..

Hi fultonclan, I submitted mine on the 8th June and my status had changed to further processing on the 14th and my migration agent advised me that they had asked for medicals and police checks. I sent off for the police check last week and they still haven't cashed the cheque but I know I read it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to come back and we had the meds today. Thank god this is the final hurdle!! Can't wait to book the flights. Is anybody going over without jobs and getting work when they get over there? Both my husband and I are accountants and the thought of not having a job between us is a little daunting, but have read this would appear to be the only way to get jobs over there.

Hi Sharon9873,

My wife and I are both Residential Care Officers and pretty much making a fresh start with our little daughter of 4 years. No jobs set up and going with open arms and the hope that something will come our way. We have completed police checks and have our medicals booked for 6th July. Just a real waiting game now checking our status daily. No CO appointed yet. The plan for us is to sell our property ASAP, move in with the folks for a short while to box things off and for me to head to Perth solo and sort things out before the rest of my family join me. It's all exciting stuff.

Congratulations on making it into the June group Davross. We too have submitted our 176 application online today, narrowly avoiding the 1st July changes. Woooo Hooo!!!!!!! We have made it into the June group too. So exciting.

Congratulations on making it into the June group Davross. We too have submitted our 176 application online today, narrowly avoiding the 1st July changes. Woooo Hooo!!!!!!! We have made it into the June group too. So exciting.

Thanks

Congratulations to you too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest PBrady

Hi All, our CO has requested the Form 80 for me and hubby, we have to list countries we have been to in the last 10 years, even if just on holidays, I can remember years and countries we have been to on holidays but can't remember exact dates, is it ok to give a good guestimate??

Hi All, our CO has requested the Form 80 for me and hubby, we have to list countries we have been to in the last 10 years, even if just on holidays, I can remember years and countries we have been to on holidays but can't remember exact dates, is it ok to give a good guestimate??

A guesstimate is fine. I just made a note on mine saying that some dates were approximate. The only ones I knew for certain were by the passport stamps and they didn't query it.

Millie x

We have filled the form 80 in but we do not have a CO yet, we have guestimated as who the hell knows when they went on holiday in 2002 ????? Our agent said that was ok. I can't even remember when we went 2 years ago !! Ali

Guys just two quick questions, i,m not sure if i,ve uploaded all my docs for 176 in colour scan( nearly sure i did though), so can i upload all the docs again or would this seem really silly for a co to look at, havnmt got a co as yet all docs finally uploaded on 16th june... also re pcc,s do our proof of name and address have to be the originals and not copies?? i know our passport page is a copy. Thank u so much for all the help and advice we have received so far this forum is just fantastic...Linda:biggrin:

Hi Sharon9873,

My wife and I are both Residential Care Officers and pretty much making a fresh start with our little daughter of 4 years. No jobs set up and going with open arms and the hope that something will come our way. We have completed police checks and have our medicals booked for 6th July. Just a real waiting game now checking our status daily. No CO appointed yet. The plan for us is to sell our property ASAP, move in with the folks for a short while to box things off and for me to head to Perth solo and sort things out before the rest of my family join me. It's all exciting stuff.

Definitely exciting stuff. Ah that's brilliant that you're taking the leap too! We're going to Perth too so will look out for your updates! :-)

Guest thehoe5

Woooohoooo:jiggy: we've only gone and done it!!! Ss came through today!!! Visa lodged!!!! I'm sooooooooo chuffed!!!

And BREATH!!!! :laugh: X

Archived