176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Hi, its up to you, I would get started anyway, the processing time currently states a CO within 4 weeks of lodgement, if you want a sat appt for the meds better get them booked in now. Police clearance takes about 2 weeks.

Andy

Hi all,

i ve lodged my 176 online on the 23rd of june. I have to upload everything on monday. I ve down loaded all medical info. I take it we dont have to do medicals and police clearance before the case officer gives you the go ahead ??

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I'm struggling a little (injured child having nightmares and up 2 or 3 times a night), so not getting much sleep, so would appreciate someone spelling it out to me. Please feel free to treat me like an idiot for these reasons (speak slowly and clearly!!!)

We have a migration agent so everything has been done for us and so far they have been excellent, no complaints at all. However, my husband and I, having read all the comments on here, feel we should be getting on with our police checks and medicals to speed things up. Our agent has said to wait until we are told to do so by our case officer.

I've figured out how to log in to the tracking system (thanks to those who told us how to do it!). However, my question is, how do we know when we have a case officer? We lodged on 15th June with WA State Sponsorship. The online system says "Processing commenced". Clearly any emails will go through to our agent, not us, so I'm not going to hear that way. Our agent will apparently only contact us when they have been asked for our medicals and police checks. I however, have no patience whatsoever and can't wait that long!

What will the system say when we are allocated a case officer? Will it tell us which team they are in? Does this make any difference to how fast it is processed?

I only ask because my husband has a job offer to start at Christmas and I am anxious about the whole thing.

Many thanks!

Carolyn

Hi

I'm struggling a little (injured child having nightmares and up 2 or 3 times a night), so not getting much sleep, so would appreciate someone spelling it out to me. Please feel free to treat me like an idiot for these reasons (speak slowly and clearly!!!)

We have a migration agent so everything has been done for us and so far they have been excellent, no complaints at all. However, my husband and I, having read all the comments on here, feel we should be getting on with our police checks and medicals to speed things up. Our agent has said to wait until we are told to do so by our case officer.

I've figured out how to log in to the tracking system (thanks to those who told us how to do it!). However, my question is, how do we know when we have a case officer? We lodged on 15th June with WA State Sponsorship. The online system says "Processing commenced". Clearly any emails will go through to our agent, not us, so I'm not going to hear that way. Our agent will apparently only contact us when they have been asked for our medicals and police checks. I however, have no patience whatsoever and can't wait that long!

What will the system say when we are allocated a case officer? Will it tell us which team they are in? Does this make any difference to how fast it is processed?

I only ask because my husband has a job offer to start at Christmas and I am anxious about the whole thing.

Many thanks!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

First of all don't worry. There are no silly questions on this forum. - not when it comes to visas anyway. Ask anything. :ssign15:

The status page will read 'application being processed further' when you have a case officer. the status page will not show the team.

At this point they might (but not always) email your agent and ask for any further info they need. They will ask for medicals and police checks.

From here you may see the documents on the check list change from 'required' to 'met' or 'received' This doesn't always happen, in fact my document check list was never updated even when it was granted.

It's up to you whether you go ahead with your police checks and meds. If your case seems really straightforward and you are not in a HR country it would probably be ok. Again I would double check with your agent. He is most likely making sure you don't pay out money until everything is verified as ok

Congratulations on the job

Good luck, hope this helps

Millie x

Hi

Many thanks!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn;

i have an agent who asked me to wait till we get asked for the PCC and MED. because i know it will take me sometime to receive the PCC i started the process earlier and got them beforehand, and i am extremely happy i did :wink:! coz once we got asked for MED, i panicked and got everyone around on their toes!! :arghh: although we have undertaken the medical tests last Thursday, it is still not uploaded to the e-health system by the doctor!

My personal advise, if you are as excited as i am to move, is to start with the medical test and PCC! why not have everything ready beforehand? this is of course given that you are not in HR country and your case is straight forward as cshowell said!

good luck

Alissar

Guest ronkhu
Hi Carolyn;

i have an agent who asked me to wait till we get asked for the PCC and MED. because i know it will take me sometime to receive the PCC i started the process earlier and got them beforehand, and i am extremely happy i did :wink:! coz once we got asked for MED, i panicked and got everyone around on their toes!! :arghh: although we have undertaken the medical tests last Thursday, it is still not uploaded to the e-health system by the doctor!

My personal advise, if you are as excited as i am to move, is to start with the medical test and PCC! why not have everything ready beforehand? this is of course given that you are not in HR country and your case is straight forward as cshowell said!

good luck

Alissar

Hi

I have uploaded all my documents icluding my salary slips, tax statements, appointments letters, job confirmation letters etc (as much documents that i could manage to) and have also booked my medicals for 5th July.

As i am from a HR country, what complications or delay is expected as I have submitted all the relevant documents required along with the IELTS scores for me and my wife and also the WA SS Approval letter.

Hi

I have uploaded all my documents icluding my salary slips, tax statements, appointments letters, job confirmation letters etc (as much documents that i could manage to) and have also booked my medicals for 5th July.

As i am from a HR country, what complications or delay is expected as I have submitted all the relevant documents required along with the IELTS scores for me and my wife and also the WA SS Approval letter.

Hi

this sounds a bit weird, but there high HR countries and low HR countries :) Pakistan for example is a high HR Country, therefore applicants undergo lengthy security checks after a CO is assigned, this takes around 9 months! India however, although it is a HR country, but applicants get the grant within a reasonable timeline, from my observation the timeline is between 15 days to 2 months maximum.

I got a CO assigned in 12 days and got requested to upload my the PCC and MED on the very same day... although i come from a HR country too...

this website might help you understand the timeline per country per visa type, you can filter the results through the search fields on the top of the page... it was very helpful to me...

http://beupdate.co.uk/visaco.php

best regards

Guest ronkhu
Hi

this sounds a bit weird, but there high HR countries and low HR countries :) Pakistan for example is a high HR Country, therefore applicants undergo lengthy security checks after a CO is assigned, this takes around 9 months! India however, although it is a HR country, but applicants get the grant within a reasonable timeline, from my observation the timeline is between 15 days to 2 months maximum.

I got a CO assigned in 12 days and got requested to upload my the PCC and MED on the very same day... although i come from a HR country too...

this website might help you understand the timeline per country per visa type, you can filter the results through the search fields on the top of the page... it was very helpful to me...

http://beupdate.co.uk/visaco.php

best regards

Hey Alissar - Thanks for the interesting website - It was good.

A am from India, so hopefully I can expect less hiccups - Fingers cross.

Guest thehoe5

Hi Milliemolly123

Just seen your signature and realized you have had your visa granted at long last!!! :jiggy:Massive congats to you xxxxxxx

Guest thehoe5

Hi all

Im very nervous and checking my email around 326 time a day......does anyone know how long WA SS is taking??

If I put it in tue and had an email fri saying our application is currently being assessed does this mean we still might stand a chance?

If they close will they still assess or would they just stop then continue to assess when they re-open July 1????

Feel ick!!! :eek: x

Guest ronkhu
Hi all

Im very nervous and checking my email around 326 time a day......does anyone know how long WA SS is taking??

If I put it in tue and had an email fri saying our application is currently being assessed does this mean we still might stand a chance?

If they close will they still assess or would they just stop then continue to assess when they re-open July 1????

You will get to hear from them by Wednesday

Hi Milliemolly123

Just seen your signature and realized you have had your visa granted at long last!!! :jiggy:Massive congats to you xxxxxxx

Thanks, I was so over the moon to finally be able to sleep past 5am this morning instead of being at the status every couple of hours :biggrin: Good luck with WA, fingers crossed it comes through in time for you

Millie x

Hi all

I would phone them up if you can stay up late enough.

When I was applying for QLD state sponsorship the guy that was dealing with mine went on holiday. Nobody had seen his inbox or knew my stuff was there for processing. They were very helpful on the phone. Giving them a phone won't hurt and just say how worried you are about the deadline.

Millie x

Guest ronkhu

It seems that CO allotment in the month of June has been very slow - Based on the inputs from PIOs, there has been very few cases which got a CO allotted in the month of June.

Any thoughts ??

It seems that CO allotment in the month of June has been very slow - Based on the inputs from PIOs, there has been very few cases which got a CO allotted in the month of June.

Any thoughts ??

I was thinking exactly the same - it's nerve racking stuff -we just want to know, my other half needs to put in for his redundancy by Aug which will have a massive impact on the anount of money we will have to take - if we don't hear do we chance it ? The last 6 months have been painful !!!

Has anyone from the June gang actually had contact from a case officer yet??

We haven't heard - but we only submitted on 15th June so I'm not really expecting to hear anything until the end of this week at the earliest.

Guest kerry19

i submitted on the 1st june and still no co. My agent is saying upto 6 weeks to be allocated one. well im up to 4 weeks so cant be much longer.............lol

Hi, We lodged on the 13th and not received a CO yet either. My agent said they were allocated within a week in May but seems to have slowed right down. Have they all gone on holiday, Loads of may gang have there visas so that frees them up for us June gang. Keep praying guys, cannot be long now!! :yes:

Guest ronkhu

I freakin lost 5 kgs because of stress and efforts that i put to get every thing in place for applying for a Visa :cry:

Guest kerry19
I freakin lost 5 kgs because of stress and efforts that i put to get every thing in place for applying for a Visa :cry:

You have lost it and ive put it on!!! sat in front of computer constantly checking diac does nothing for your waist line......lol

Hi there Guys, Hope all is going well for you and your all not stressing to much...

Have any of you guys got the "application been processed further" were you log in to see the progress of the visa... I logged my 176 on the 29th of may and i have not had any emails from a CO what so ever, But in the checklist it says MET on all apart from the MEDS and Australian Police Check... Apparently if it says "application been processed further" You have a case officer... GooD LucK EvErY OnE:animal-pig:

Guest ronkhu
Hi there Guys, Hope all is going well for you and your all not stressing to much...

Have any of you guys got the "application been processed further" were you log in to see the progress of the visa... I logged my 176 on the 29th of may and i have not had any emails from a CO what so ever, But in the checklist it says MET on all apart from the MEDS and Australian Police Check... Apparently if it says "application been processed further" You have a case officer... GooD LucK EvErY OnE:animal-pig:

Congrats buddy - You are almost there :-)

Congrats buddy - You are almost there :-)
Thanks,But im not going to be settled until i have that GRANT:biggrin:... All you guys in this June gang, Once they start rolling out them visas, They will start comming thick and fast...

And it seems that we all the same obsession with waking up at all hours checking the emails and the first thing we do in the morning is running down to the computer and straight on that DIAC`s website to see if there is any progress... I cant imagine life after the final Grant, Not waking up at 4 in the morning, and constantly trying to work out what time it is there and working out if there going to work or rapping up for the day...

You spend the time searching for accommodation and flights instead - with a massive grin on your face. X

Thanks,But im not going to be settled until i have that GRANT:biggrin:... All you guys in this June gang, Once they start rolling out them visas, They will start comming thick and fast...

And it seems that we all the same obsession with waking up at all hours checking the emails and the first thing we do in the morning is running down to the computer and straight on that DIAC`s website to see if there is any progress... I cant imagine life after the final Grant, Not waking up at 4 in the morning, and constantly trying to work out what time it is there and working out if there going to work or rapping up for the day...

Guest fultonclan
You spend the time searching for accommodation and flights instead - with a massive grin on your face. X

Wow smithinoz! I've just seen you got your grant yesterday, mahoosive congrats!!!! :biglaugh:

Archived