What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Hiya - just read that you are packing up some of your kitchen appliances? Don't the shippers do that? You have got me worried now that I should be doing mine?

Hi there, yes they do, but the last time we moved it all went a bit awry, so this time I am doing a lot of it myself, they have told me to leave the boxes undone, so that they can check and do the inventory. Hope this makes sense.

When I say the last one went awry, I mean´t the last packers packed stuff all over the place, this time I wanted to keep as much control as possible, particularly as we will probably be in temporary accommodation at first, so I want if at all possible, to go along to the storage depot and just be able to put my hands on a particular item, well that is the plan :wink:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are going to the gold coast as I have a job offer their. where are you going. Blackpool serves a purpose lol but now I have the option of we're to bring my kids up I know where it will be.

We´re off to the gold coast, never been there, in fact never been to OZ, just winging it LOL. Hopefully it will all work out for us all.

I just put my Tumble Drier up on Gumtree.

Gees I've never seen anything sell so fast. It practically grew legs and ran out of the door its self Lol !! 45 mins from ad going live to dryer being carried off.

More sales like this please :-)

went to primarni for a final bits and bobs session (got some lovely fingerless gloves and scarves as hubby shook his head in dis-belief and tried to convince me chasing the sun around Oz does not need fingerless gloves, but I reminded him how cold I get at night and the only other option was to use him as a hot water bottle in the camper. He conceeded the point and let me spend my 50p on fingerless gloves lol).

Photoed last few bits and bobs to go on Ebay tonight (some bras - oh lalala) and fielded about 100 questions on items that are closing tonight. Why people don't ask questions when its several days to go, not 20 mins, I have no idea. My teaching books are flying out the door though thank goodness as that would be a dilema if they hadn't sold.

Helped carry 'Busty Helga' to a waiting man's car. Sounds more dodgy that it is - Helga was one of the mannequins we used for Hubby's costumes, busty because she was generously endowed, man's car is the gentleman that purchased her on Ebay. All above board you see :)

I've sold a few more bits and bobs to friends. Just need them to pick them up and pay now :)

Also emailed a travel company to find out what the charges would be if we cancel our tickets. I've not actually booked them yet, but want to find out what the charges would be if we do. As my husband is waiting to find out if he has a job sorted out there, but this will still take quite a few months (they would pay for our flights/removals). And as tickets shall keep going up in price we don't want to pay a lot more than needs be for if he doesn't get the job (if he gets it we'll all move in July, if he doesn't the children and I will go home in May and stay will family).

AC

Today my contribution to moving to oz has been nothing!

Pulled my back out moving furniture downstairs on my own being the usual I don't need any help!

Well I guess that will teach me but I am gaining a lovely back massage later to ease the pain! Lol

Husband sorted out a drop box for docs for the move, read more poms in oz, and helped pack up our old computer for posting off to buyer tomorrow. It is very cleansing this tidying, and sorting. Collecting boxes from the shippers on wednesday. Off to spend a night with my old Uni pals tomorrow which I am really excited about.

I uploaded the rest of my docs

Form 80 took me over 6 hours by the time I added all the additional info. So many extra pages. :dull::daydreaming:

Just one employer ref and one p60 missing. Hopefully those or similar will appear in the next couple of days. I also emailed the CO with a couple of queries so we will see what comes back. Not much else I can do now except lay everything in the lap of the gods and hope for the best. :eek::frown:

Millie x

I uploaded the rest of my docs

Form 80 took me over 6 hours by the time I added all the additional info. So many extra pages. :dull::daydreaming:

Just one employer ref and one p60 missing. Hopefully those or similar will appear in the next couple of days. I also emailed the CO with a couple of queries so we will see what comes back. Not much else I can do now except lay everything in the lap of the gods and hope for the best. :eek::frown:

Millie x

Wow - 6 hours! That'll take them some reading

:biggrin:

Bought Jeyes fluid. DH has a massive stack of tools. Plus we have a tent, paddling pool and 5 bikes!

We have absolutely no idea how much to do now as our 457 application went in last week. There is, I know, no guarantee it will be granted so there is lots I can't *quite* throw out yet.

Guest AKA63029

Put my Bonefish earring back in. The last time I wore it was in Exmouth, and promised myself I would never wear it again unless back on the flats or plans in motion to do so.

I have also been looking longingly at my Boomerang that I found as a spotty seven year old on a Norfolk beach and that will be coming out with me as it has always done.:notworthy:

Guest guest30085
Put my Bonefish earring back in. The last time I wore it was in Exmouth, and promised myself I would never wear it again unless back on the flats or plans in motion to do so.

I have also been looking longingly at my Boomerang that I found as a spotty seven year old on a Norfolk beach and that will be coming out with me as it has always done.:notworthy:

My boomerang is sat on top of the door frame of the bathroom door :wideeyed:

Nothing like tempting fate, as one day the door will be shut too hard and the thing will land on my head :goofy:

Guest AKA63029
My boomerang is sat on top of the door frame of the bathroom door :wideeyed:

Nothing like tempting fate, as one day the door will be shut too hard and the thing will land on my head :goofy:

I've tried to throw mine Gill on a couple of occasions, but it behaves like a blooming 'stick'.

Just had the 3rd company around for a shipping quote. Was very good but gave completely different information than the 1st guy (the 2nd company knew nothing at all so can't even go with a majority verdict!).

Found out from DH's new employer today that most of the relocation costs have to be paid by us upfront! That is from us asking - noone told us that. We don't have that kind of extra money lying around for shipping (20ft container and insurance), a relocation agent (I don't even need advice about housing/schools so don't want to pay $2500 up front for that!).

The package they are offering is great but we really should have been told that we would be expected to pay about $15,000 up front!

Archived