What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

We have just submitted our police checks and we have found out that my daughter has to undergo further medical tests next Saturday due to her speech. She is 3 in April and has limited words, everything else is fine but she has to see a paediatrician to undergo a full assessment. Hopefully if all goes well we should have our Visa soon.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tandcmum

not a lot today really, have worked out where we have visited countrywise over the past 10 yrs ready for the dreaded form 80. Hubbys new deed poll document came so going to get that witnessed this weekend then we can get it sent off to Oz via courier. Have had m usual, OMG where do we start with everything freak out too

Nothing much today. Saw an old friend for lunch, probably for the last time before we fly next month (i can't help it I love saying that :biglaugh:)

and of course watched WDU, shame it was NZ but they were a nice family :-)

Chandi1 - good luck with your daughters tests but I'm sure it will be just procedure n won't impact on anything

Est

Sent the application form to Dubai via courier to obtain our last police clearance check. Waiting game starts now cos NO indication at all how long that will take to make its way back to us. Nothing I can do to hurry that along so may actually have a few weeks "off" of Australia? This will be the very last piece of paper needed by our CO!!!

I went through my son's school for a short cut today. I think they will be a bit faster in future when I ask for information. :smile: I felt a tad sorry for the flustered and unprepared SENCO teacher who tried to feed me some flannelling b***sh** explanations but then thought, next time she won't make that mistake and she will learn from it.

Millie x

More cleaning and bleaching around the flat. More boxes packed and paperwork thinnned down. Took further digital photos of stuff I'm trying to hock over the internet. I hope i get some interest soon or a homeless charity is going to benefit from some very nice furniture :-)

Booked a hotel in my home town to visit family and old friends the week before we go..

today we had the estate manager around for our pre-march out:frown: oh and watched WDU lol

I have to ask and I know that it might be awkward due to it being inflatable but what is that in your Avatar?

went to births/deaths/marriages and ordered copies of our wedding certificate

answered yet moreEbay questions

took delivery of our solar panels for our camper out there

treated my hair ready for its last bleaching in this country

had our wheelie bin stolen by our landlord (not strictly to do with our move, but it annoyed me so I felt like mentioning it lol).

stood around going 'hmmm, not sure what to do now'.....

If you ever in doubt what to do come over to my place I have loads of painting to do. I will PM you my address

We have just submitted our police checks and we have found out that my daughter has to undergo further medical tests next Saturday due to her speech. She is 3 in April and has limited words, everything else is fine but she has to see a paediatrician to undergo a full assessment. Hopefully if all goes well we should have our Visa soon.

Holding thumbs

I went through my son's school for a short cut today. I think they will be a bit faster in future when I ask for information. :smile: I felt a tad sorry for the flustered and unprepared SENCO teacher who tried to feed me some flannelling b***sh** explanations but then thought, next time she won't make that mistake and she will learn from it.

Millie x

I was going to make a witty comment, but clearly...................um you may have anger problems :biglaugh:

Try not to worry. I think you will be fine with this. She is very young so there is a lot of scope for development.

Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on

Millie x

Millie

Today I did some more painting, yes I know that this is exciting stuff but it has to be done. Maybe tomorrow I can convince Mrs Weazel to do the painting !

I like painting , its like putting the cherry on top of a finished cake :-)

I know , i know , i need to get out more , ha ha

lee

I have generally hung out on PIO this evening gleaning all kinds of useful info on 'what to do if' and not doing what I planned to be doing and scanning docs

Ah well tomorrow is the day for it

Millie x

Like my diet and finding my running trainers , Tomorrow , PROMISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee

Went into HSBC to meet with our account manager who has set us up with australian bank accounts. Scanning all our birth certificates/marriage certificate/job references onto a USB stick.

Did you just pop into your local HSBC branch for setting up your account in Oz and was it straight forward?

Well I haven´t done it yet .............. but on today´s list of to do´s to get me to OZ is cleaning / preparing / packing all of my shoes, apart from my CAT boots and my suede wedged heel ankle boots which I will take to the UK plus of course my sheepskin slippers as it is freezing here and my feet get really cold :wink::wink:

The next job (if I still have the inclination) is to pack all of my kitchen appliances, I.e. mixer, pans and plates which won´t be used now, plus pack my recipe books which won´t take too long.

I bet though at 2 PM I still haven´t done a tap because I am still on PIO :laugh:

Guest tandcmum

i have had a look at flights today, still no idea when we are actually going to be heading over as at the mercy of DIAC but trying to get a ough idea of prices, routes etc.

Guest mandajay

I haven't done anything for us to get there today as i am at work!! Busy as you can see!

But what i have done is write the longest e-mail ever which will hopefully help a fellow POI gal to meet her dream...

Good luck Nic x

(have i earnt chocolate i ask myself? And promptly jumps up to nip to shop...):wink:

We have a Premier Account with them and we have an account manager who organised a meeting with the person who deal with overseas accounts. It was extremely straightforward.

We have a new branch in Stirling, think I will pop in and see them during the week and see what they can do.

Archived