What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Well i took the bull by the horns and cleaned my shoe collection, I now stink of Milton and my bathroom is a right mess, and next on my list to clean.

No laughing but here is a before and after photo :laugh: Amazing how many pairs of shoes one can get into a few SMALL boxes :laugh:

CIMG3902.jpg

CIMG3898.jpg

CIMG3898.jpg

CIMG3902.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest59177
Well i took the bull by the horns and cleaned my shoe collection, I now stink of Milton and my bathroom is a right mess, and next on my list to clean.

No laughing but here is a before and after photo :laugh: Amazing how many pairs of shoes one can get into a few SMALL boxes :laugh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11302[/ATTACH]

If you could post a clearer angle I would have loved to count the boxes for you.... I think I can make out 20 boxes easily

If you could post a clearer angle I would have loved to count the boxes for you.... I think I can make out 20 boxes easily

there are actually 6 white boxes, one of them has not been photographed as I found it in the bedroom just after I had posted this.

As for the others I am :embarrassed: they are about 4 deep, I think more than 50 but less than 100 :wink: not that bad really considering that I am a self confessed shoe addict :wink: I am just hoping that all my leather soled shoes and suede ones just don´t get grubby whilst in transit or there will be blood on the dance floor :arghh:

Today about a third of our furniture was collected as we have it all for sale. Chap came back for the 2nd load and produced one of Sues thongs that she had left in one of the drawers! No wonder he was beaming as I answered the door!!!

Well the house is looking a little sparse but its all got to go.

Think a drink of the alcoholic variety maybe required.

Guest AKA63029

Well after faffing around for what seems an eternity and as some will know of Ruth's 'conditions':goofy: we have been talking a lot lately about what our future holds.

To cut a long story short we have decided in principle that I am going to make the trip to OZ AGAIN, I shall rock up with a tent and find somewhere to hold up for a while. Won't be easy this end as Ruth can depend on me a little bit too much but if we are to have a truly happy future we have to bite the bullet and realise we have to take this leap of faith, I have done it before and will do so again.

Job wise, well it could be serving coffee to shovelling sh7te, I don't care what I do, and though times are different I KNOW i can find employment once there, just a case of getting my hands dirty again and realising that it's no big thing as long I can get Ruth out there again to bring a bigger smile to her face.

Don't get me wrong, we are happy, but we still call Cairns our home and long to be back there again. We are lucky that our two Herbert's are virtually grown up now and have jobs and friends that will keep us in the loop. It won't be easy leaving them, but they understand why M & D are doing such a thing. Ruth has a great support network back here (NOT FAMILY,:mad:) but good genuine friends who will look after her for several months if need be. And lets face it, if it all goes t7ts up and she needs me back here I will hop on a plane and be back, once again, I have done it before and I will if necessary do it again for her.

Money will be tight, I won't be going out with anymore than $3,000, and to me this is a kings ransom, and I am positive with the right attitude I will make a go of it and be able to get Ruth out there asap.

To me it has always been an adventure, struggle, happiness, torture, but each tome we got there in the end and will do so again I am sure.

I am looking forward to it immensely, but the worry of Ruth being here will play on my mind, but as I said, she has some great people around her will keep an eye out. To tell you the truth it is a huge weight lifted from my/our shoulders, for years ever since we got back together we have for one reason or other pontificated about a return, but we feel the time is now right, and if we don't take it we could be stuck here counting the days off.

I realise I am in a far better position than some, no house to sell as we will have the kids looking after it,:shocked: I don't care what job I do, the minimum wage in OZ is far better than here, and if plans come together I can still set up my web business which has been on the cards for an eternity. So with a fair wind, luck on our sides, within the next two months I shall be rocking up at Cairns airport, pitch me tent, and go from there.

A bit boring I know, but 'adventure' and 'risk' have always played a huge part in my life and I don't se why that should change now.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Gothic Rose
Well after faffing around for what seems an eternity and as some will know of Ruth's 'conditions':goofy: we have been talking a lot lately about what our future holds.

To cut a long story short we have decided in principle that I am going to make the trip to OZ AGAIN, I shall rock up with a tent and find somewhere to hold up for a while. Won't be easy this end as Ruth can depend on me a little bit too much but if we are to have a truly happy future we have to bite the bullet and realise we have to take this leap of faith, I have done it before and will do so again.

Job wise, well it could be serving coffee to shovelling sh7te, I don't care what I do, and though times are different I KNOW i can find employment once there, just a case of getting my hands dirty again and realising that it's no big thing as long I can get Ruth out there again to bring a bigger smile to her face.

Don't get me wrong, we are happy, but we still call Cairns our home and long to be back there again. We are lucky that our two Herbert's are virtually grown up now and have jobs and friends that will keep us in the loop. It won't be easy leaving them, but they understand why M & D are doing such a thing. Ruth has a great support network back here (NOT FAMILY,:mad:) but good genuine friends who will look after her for several months if need be. And lets face it, if it all goes t7ts up and she needs me back here I will hop on a plane and be back, once again, I have done it before and I will if necessary do it again for her.

Money will be tight, I won't be going out with anymore than $3,000, and to me this is a kings ransom, and I am positive with the right attitude I will make a go of it and be able to get Ruth out there asap.

To me it has always been an adventure, struggle, happiness, torture, but each tome we got there in the end and will do so again I am sure.

I am looking forward to it immensely, but the worry of Ruth being here will play on my mind, but as I said, she has some great people around her will keep an eye out. To tell you the truth it is a huge weight lifted from my/our shoulders, for years ever since we got back together we have for one reason or other pontificated about a return, but we feel the time is now right, and if we don't take it we could be stuck here counting the days off.

I realise I am in a far better position than some, no house to sell as we will have the kids looking after it,:shocked: I don't care what job I do, the minimum wage in OZ is far better than here, and if plans come together I can still set up my web business which has been on the cards for an eternity. So with a fair wind, luck on our sides, within the next two months I shall be rocking up at Cairns airport, pitch me tent, and go from there.

A bit boring I know, but 'adventure' and 'risk' have always played a huge part in my life and I don't se why that should change now.

Cheers Tony.

Great to hear your News Mr AKA, I wish you every success establishing An Aussie future for Yourself & Ruth. Don't forget to Pm the secret coordinates of PIO2 location to those who are members :wink:

Great thread.

I Phoned the estate agent to ask them to continue advertising our house for sale but at a lower price.

Did some more decorating in one of the bedrooms.

Thought about Australia almost continuously....again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11302[/ATTACH]

Nope !!!!!

Not having that Shoes !!

Show us the Manolos :wink:!!!!

Loving your work :cute:

Millie x

Nope !!!!!

Not having that Shoes !!

Show us the Manolos :wink:!!!!

Loving your work :cute:

Millie x

I would do but I have packed them away, I tell you that Milton can´t be any good for them :wink: at least now I can step out in the knowledge that my soles are clean :laugh:

packed another suitcase and 3 more boxes of books/kids toys and sorted out my escape plan I mean farewell plan ;) and my dad is paying for us to stay in the Hilton for our last night in blighty, 2 more weeks cant wait :) x x

I too am going to book myself into a hotel for a couple of nights, OH thinks I am going to be sleeping on the floor with a coat over me, well he is wrong, he seems to have this wonderful idea that the removals guys will arrive here on the Monday take nearly everything, leave the bed and then come back here for it the next day, I don´t think so somehow :rolleyes: they have told me what they intend to do, which is to rough pack the lorry and then put everything into the container on the Tuesday, as if they would come back here for my bed.

I leave on the Wednesday so plan on staying in the local Holiday Inn for a couple of days / nights reading and enjoying the hotel facilities and taking long luxuriating baths, plus it is very close the the airport so it makes sense :wink: and for 49.00 euro a night it is not too expensive. He will have left on the Sunday so me sleeping on the floor is not a problem for him :rolleyes: plus with me having done most of the labour I think I deserve a treat :wink:

Well I haven´t done it yet .............. but on today´s list of to do´s to get me to OZ is cleaning / preparing / packing all of my shoes, apart from my CAT boots and my suede wedged heel ankle boots which I will take to the UK plus of course my sheepskin slippers as it is freezing here and my feet get really cold :wink::wink:

The next job (if I still have the inclination) is to pack all of my kitchen appliances, I.e. mixer, pans and plates which won´t be used now, plus pack my recipe books which won´t take too long.

I bet though at 2 PM I still haven´t done a tap because I am still on PIO :laugh:

Hiya - just read that you are packing up some of your kitchen appliances? Don't the shippers do that? You have got me worried now that I should be doing mine?

Well after faffing around for what seems an eternity and as some will know of Ruth's 'conditions':goofy: we have been talking a lot lately about what.................................................................................................. boring I know, but 'adventure' and 'risk' have always played a huge part in my life and I don't se why that should change now.

Cheers Tony.

Hey Dude that is absolutely fantastic M8. Isn't it wonderful when you have a plan for a new adventure, you must be really excited.

Ideal, we leave Feb 1st, Where are you planning to settle?

I see your from preston which aint far from where I grew up in Warrington,

ARE YOU SURE IT WILL BEAT BLACKPOOL?????

We are going to the gold coast as I have a job offer their. where are you going. Blackpool serves a purpose lol but now I have the option of we're to bring my kids up I know where it will be.

Guest AKA63029

Thanks for all the good wishes peeps. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited again, me and Australia have had a long standing 'affair' and this is just another opportunity to renew our relationship,:wubclub:

This time it will hopefully be a little different, as at times Ruth's family played silly mind games and were just evil and this did play a part in our return (TWICE) thankfully most of them are now DEAD,:jiggy: so certain 'scenarios' should never see the light of day again.

If you see a rather 'trampish' looking chap casting a fly or two in FNQ come up and say hello.:wink:

Archived