What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tandcmum
Today

I filled in my form 80.

What if I have not remembered exact dates of starting / leaving employers 10 / 15 years ago or all the country visits, some 40 odd countries I have been and exact dates? Jeez.

Millie x

that is my worry too, i have no documents to show where we have been on holiday in thepast 10 yrs just rough ideas of when we went. I'm also a bit worried about the family stuff cos my hubby has nothing to do with his dads side of the family and his half brothers and sisters so it has been a case of wangling what info we can to put on it.

Guest tandcmum

Yesterday we went for our medicals, today we are going to fill in form 80, and order hubby a new deed poll document then we can get it all sent off early part next week.

I really should thionk about doing some packing, sorting, selling, buy new suitcases etc as once this visa comes through we will be expected to go over within a couple of months i guess to start my new job

Today

I filled in my form 80.

What if I have not remembered exact dates of starting / leaving employers 10 / 15 years ago or all the country visits, some 40 odd countries I have been and exact dates? Jeez.

Millie x

Yesterday we went for our medicals, today we are going to fill in form 80, and order hubby a new deed poll document then we can get it all sent off early part next week.

I really should thionk about doing some packing, sorting, selling, buy new suitcases etc as once this visa comes through we will be expected to go over within a couple of months i guess to start my new job

Filling in form 80 is a real pain, but it does mean that it is not long to go now before your visa's a granted :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest jamesandstephcole

Painted the bathroom, to make the place more rentable!.... tracked our documents that our on their way to our agent in perth... currently in transit through singapore - Yay!

Guest tandcmum
Filling in form 80 is a real pain, but it does mean that it is not long to go now before your visa's a granted :biggrin::biggrin:

we only sent our application off on 16th december, we have got a case officer, done our medicals, just need to do form 80 then wait. This is scarily quick

Well I have a guy coming round some time today I think he want´s to buy my dining table & chairs,

Yesterday I helped a guy load a pile of joy into his van to sell in his charity shop, I thought it easier to do this than run to the tip myself, plus one man´s rubbish is another´s man´s treasure, or I hope it is.

I still have my car to sell and am getting a bit panicked there as there is no one buying cars here at the moment, I will try it for a couple more weeks and then it will be one of these guy´s out of the paper :dull:

Today I am going to get some more packing done, and get all my shoes lined up for sterilising tomorrow which I am dreading doing, I don´t have many clothe´s left to pack as I have given most of them away, they are either out of date or did n´t fit, plus I thought what´s the point in paying to ship clothes that I no longer like :wink:

Do you need to sterlize your shoes? Anything else you need to sterlize.

Garden furniture has to be dead clean, they are really fussy.

Vacuum cleaners have to be cleaned to an inch of their lives, I think I will be leaving mine behind.

Shoes ....... there was a thread on here on Monday I think it was, the recommended disinfectant is Jeyes fluid, but I can´t buy it here, so am using Milton, every single sole has to be cleaned.

It is going to take me ages.

I have just packed most of my clothes away and am going to do the shoes tomorrow, it is a case of getting into the right frame of mind for that one. I will take a photograph of my shoes when I am doing them. :wink:

Is anywhere actually holding car boot sales at this time of the year?

I loved your last post re quitting your job and making your validating trip permenant - fantastic good your you guys.

We have car boots sales around here running Saturdays and Sundays at the moment, must be to shift all those unwanted christmas pressies!!! not sure what they are like yet though and we are in Shrewsbury, Shropshire so a bit of a long way to come from Somerset :biggrin:

Est

Just going out now to see if I can find a local garage who will buy my car without taking the Mickey, I have had two really low offers, not even enough to cover my removals bills.

I think these guys know we have to sell so they just offer as little as possible, it is doing my head in :dull: wish I could take it with me but the steering wheel is on the wrong side, so would be a huge problem.

Packed three boxes of clothes and personal stuff this morning, might do some of my kitchen stuff this afternoon.

I know I am going to regret doing it all so soon, but I like to be organised plus once I start I can´t stop.

My plan is to get nearly everything packed, then I can take down my curtains and wash them, then get the house back to being clean & tidy but with no personal effects around, how boring is that :wink:

Guest mandajay

Just had a chap from John Masons round. Very informative and helpful. Not pushy at all. Hope the quote is as good.

Time to start sterilising shoes! And preparing to tell kids that scooters won't be coming!

Got TRN yesterday so tonight's job is to start getting all paperwork together...

Its all getting very exciting now!

Love Shoes, Spanish shoes???? They are a luxury here. They are the best quality. Bring as many of them over as you can. As for cleaning the soles.....never heard of that one before. Are they wooden?

Love Shoes, Spanish shoes???? They are a luxury here. They are the best quality. Bring as many of them over as you can. As for cleaning the soles.....never heard of that one before. Are they wooden?

No just normal shoes, I had never heard of it before and then I read a thread on Monday, so thought I had better do it too, as I would hate to risk them taking all my beloved shoes off me.:wink:

Spanish shoes yes quite a few of them are.

Well I think I now have a buyer for my car, not as much as I would like but a guaranteed buyer and he will let me keep it until as late as possible, so that I am not walking everywhere :laugh:

Plus he will do all the damned paperwork and transfer ownership which is a rather messy little trip down bureaucratic avenue :dull:

Just going to pack up some more boxes, :dull:

Guest bevoir76
Just had a chap from John Masons round. Very informative and helpful. Not pushy at all. Hope the quote is as good.

Time to start sterilising shoes! And preparing to tell kids that scooters won't be coming!

Got TRN yesterday so tonight's job is to start getting all paperwork together...

Its all getting very exciting now!

Ooooh Why can't the scooters go?? Is it just your choice? Ooooh don;t think I can cpe with the scooters not coming, Might be dis-honest and say they must of fell off the shipping container :/

Today I have stuck to my diet as we have our medicals on friday 20th, posted our Police checks and cahnge of details for my sons passport, Watched wanted down under and begun to PANIC!!!!

Today I have:

Visited the Dentist (massive MASSIVE fear of dentist so am very proud of myself), and both me and hubby only need a small filling each, so not as bad as we were dreading (we thought we needed crowns re-doing and stuff, so hurrah!)

Phoned insurance people for shipping and got them to send me the paperwork (quote was SO much lower than shippers)

Informed shippers we're not using their insurance but sent them all the paperwork they wanted

Answered some Ebay questions

and Hubby is currently going through some boxes of paperwork, throwing out what isn't needed anymore.

oh, and did some research into what the cars are worth, watching one of the same on ebay, not far from us, with unhappy faces :(

Forward marching :)

Its because you go outside in shoes, and there might be bugs/tiny creepy crawlies and the like stuck to the bottom of them - usually in soil, but AQIS reckon they might just hang on for dear life, so a good scrubbing is called for, and so they (AQIS) know you've done it, if they smell of disinfecting fluid (ie outdoor disinfectant Jeyes, which apparently kills even bird flu, or baby sterilising stuff if you don't have Jeyes in your country/can't get hold of it) then they think you are a good clean person not trying to infect their country with your nasty foreign bugs :biglaugh:

Because I will be gutted if any of my Dr Marten boots get turned away (or more realistically, charged to be treated if found to be dirty) I am Jeyes fluiding them and Milton Fluiding them lol.

Archived