What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Sianburton

I've checked our SA SS this morning (its been updated to awaiting a decision so fingers crossed for tomorrow), looked a flights and organised for my hubbys new passport to be delivered on Saturday so that Visa app can go in at the weekend in our SA SS comes though tomorrow. Baby steps hey:arghh:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is coming for the table, but has got royally lost :dull: Oh is using this as an excuse not to help me pack, he says he will need to be near his phone to give directions :arghh:

I have just had another guy ring me up about the car, offered me €500 extra but has not seen it, what do I do, do I stick with the first offer, at least the guy has seen it and will do the paperwork which I would probably cock up really badly. Plus he will let me keep in until the day I go, which I can´t do as I need the money for my removals, but at least I get to keep it nearly a week before I go, I can put up with being marooned here for just under a week, but God help me when the internet goes off as I will have no way of keeping myself busy on PIO I will go mad :arghh: But the guy in the bar said I can use his internet and PC so not all bad :wink:

Went through my paperwork and shredded yet another load of unncessary documents. Found even more stuff to go to a Charity shop and purchased some cheap and cheerful bathroom scales to weigh my shipping boxes - £ 4.89 I won't tell u what I weigh tho...

I also phoned my last employers payroll to make sure I get my P45 a.s.a.p. so I can fill in form p85 before I leave the UK and hopefully get some tax back.

Well I am now having a laugh watching my OH and the guy who is buying my dining room table and now my unused treadmill up the stairs, they are clueless, it is like watching an elephant trying to carry a piano upstairs backwards :laugh:

Our house is beginning to look as if no one loves it :dull: going to vacuum round shortly at least that may help it a bit images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYAE95c-1fqFCZkeAr1PvTSPIWsnghudjqPfvLkBjen7Szchei

I had my last day at work today

i enrolled my son at a school in Sydney

I downloaded the Errands app onto my iPad (fab app for anyone who likes a list)

Bought some girly, sparkly, glittery things to bribe my 3 year old with on the plane

Guest Francine

I packed the Christmas decorations away so they can be shipped over; spoke to the solicitor about the sale of the house; spoke to the case officer dealing with my daughter's visa (she arrived after we had been granted our visas) and watched Wanted Down Under!!!

Well not so much what i've done today but more who i spent it with, my lovely friends who moved to oz a year ago and are members on here but they've been a tad busy enjoying life :) They fly back tomoorow after 5 weeks here, and my heart melted when they said "were going home" how lovely after a year i cant wait to say that, so in all getting very excited and a top tip from my lovely friend is to get some bandages from the likes of home bargains as they are cheap and keep at home or in a bag when out, just in case-handy for snake bites, better be safe than sorry, oh and when you've wrapped up the area of the bite to mark an x over the bite as when you go to hospital they only expose that area, obv hope this never happens to anyone x x

No just normal shoes, I had never heard of it before and then I read a thread on Monday, so thought I had better do it too, as I would hate to risk them taking all my beloved shoes off me.:wink:

Spanish shoes yes quite a few of them are.

I heard about the shoes things before and shoes are one of my things. I have to admit I took an entire suitcase full of them out to Oz when I holidayed out there in the summer. I have over the years collected quite a few pairs of haute couture ones. I buy a few of the really classic styles a year and now have quite a collection.

9 christian dior, 8 fergamo a few prada, mui mui, gucci, Dolce and Louis vuitton shoes / boots. I never set out to have as many but I look after them so well they all still look like new. Usually I am on holiday when I buy one thing so each of them have a happy memory attached to them. Probably sounds silly to most.

I have such tiny feet too that most high street makes don't do my size (that's my excuse:cute:)

So most of my shoes haven't had the jeyes fluid treatment. I worry about how this would react with leather soles?

I am still worried about damaging the ones I still have in UK though. I think I will go for the milton when the time comes - if I ever get a visa that is.

Millie x

Just re-read all that and seen how bad it actually looks. Time to stop the habit i think

Just painted over the wall chart measurements that were in our daughters room, which we wrote every 6 months after measuring our 2 children. Our eldest is 10, and our youngest is 4. We can remember marking the chart every time and there was even some of their friends heights on it. Gutted. But worth it!!! (Got a picture before we done the deed).

Just painted over the wall chart measurements that were in our daughters room, which we wrote every 6 months after measuring our 2 children. Our eldest is 10, and our youngest is 4. We can remember marking the chart every time and there was even some of their friends heights on it. Gutted. But worth it!!! (Got a picture before we done the deed).

Awe thats sad :-( id have chopped the wall out with the marking on and re-plasered ! lol .

Sad times but hopefully its worth these little sacrifices .

lee

:mad:i screamed and shouted on the phone to armed forces pension people :laugh: it felt sooooooooooo good . 8 weeks to go gulp !

And I thought that I was the only one that behaves badly on the Phone:twitcy:, I hate the contraptions ....................................... Maybe I should give up telecoms as a career!!!idea.gif

went to births/deaths/marriages and ordered copies of our wedding certificate

answered yet moreEbay questions

took delivery of our solar panels for our camper out there

treated my hair ready for its last bleaching in this country

had our wheelie bin stolen by our landlord (not strictly to do with our move, but it annoyed me so I felt like mentioning it lol).

stood around going 'hmmm, not sure what to do now'.....

Archived