What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Is that all the stuff you found to chuck ????:eek:

I daren't even start yet !

Too busy today celebrating my good wifes' birthday but she has set up a new FB page for the cake business for when we get to Perth so all I need to do (on top of everything else) is to get an ABN and then register the website domain (no easy task unlike the UK!)

Back to work/decorating tomorrow.............................:confused:

Bud there is loads more to sort and chuck but it all takes time:cute: There is still a back yard full of building rubble but I think I'm going to get askip for that. I take it that you are registering a .com.au instead of a .com

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
today i tryped up my job description and got it signed by the HR director then off to see the notary solicitor to have all my docs certified for AHPRA (nursing registration, also spoke with my universities to get transcripts posted out to AHPRA as well.

JD signed off by HR Director - THAT's a good idea - I think I'll do that too!

Cheers dude!

Sorry according to Mrs Web Weazel PIO and procrastination are interchangeable :biglaugh: Of course I disagree as I am doing the same "Research" and I know how taxing it can be to absorb all this info!

Darn right Web Weazel! Just think of the things that you could have done in PIO time!!! LOL! Maybe tomorrow eh?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10959[/ATTACH]
On Saturday I sorted through the house and got this little pile of joy together to give to the local dog sanctuary, today I went to visit the sanctuary to organise collection, tomorrow I am hoping to sort through my wardrobe and shoes and bedding so that I can put even more on top of this pile for them to collect.

I never knew I had so much crap. There are skis and ski boots in there, guitars and amps, mincing machines it is just like the Generation game. :wink:/QUOTE]

Fantastic and tomorrow apic of an empty space.

Don't think you can move it in another room you will be caught out:biggrin:

Fab Thread :-)

This weekend we cleared out all the c**p under the bed and threw stacks away. We cleared more out of the loft and ... threw stacks away. We filled the car boot with loads of other stuff we have managed to palm of to unsuspecting relatives to be distributed this week ;-)

We did loads of research on areas to live when we arrive this morning which was great fun thanks to google maps.

I chased up the hospital for notes etc to take with me, and Hubby should have handed in his notice by now

Not bad work :-)

Work finished last friday :biggrin: Shipping boxes arrived today and beginning to pack the books and DVD's up. Been cleaning the flat from top to bottom and made yet another pile to go to the charity shop. Furniture listed on Gumtree and I even bought a bottle of Zoflora disinfectant to wash things in before they go in the boxes.

Not long now !!

Had a nervous meltdown, the first of many!!!!! Chased agent, boxed up a load of toys, bought a load of smellies from morrisons that were on offer x

Moving to the otherside of the world has strange effects on people like stocking up on essential. I imported 20 cans of cooking oil spray when I came to the UK and 10years later I still have 6 left:twitcy:

oh, I like this thread :D

Today: Went and sold all unwanted Wii/DS games and made £65 cash; purchased solid shampoo bar for when in campervan (all natural stuff to not poison any passing possums); purchased face tolietries for when in campervan so have suitable supply and will not run out half way through journey; posted a two packages to people from Ebay and Amazon sales; got paid for another Ebay sale (to be posted tomorrow); sold UV lamps on ebay and had man turn up/pay/take them away; phoned movers to tell them we are going with them and ask what I need to do next; phoned council about when/if they can get rid of our mattress for us (no charity will take it due to an ink stain on the bottom corner, and despite it being worth a packet no-one will actually pay for it unfortunately); (will do this next bit later tonight) list a load more teaching books and resources on Ebay, along with a couple of other things if I can find them.

Ticking stuff off all the time - but its never ending, so who knows if we will reach the bottom of the list ever lol......

Thanks I like it too! It's very motivational with all this activity

I'm on the 'external checks' list for the OZ PR visa... very sorry to say it's a rather exclusive club, they only dish it out to people from Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan and Somalia as far as I know :biggrin: :laugh:

I don't thinkit has anything to do with where you are from, I think that the DIAC read your last post on this thread and decided they better do more checks :biglaugh:

Soooperb thread! :biggrin:

More de-cluttering today! Printed off the shipper quotes to read through. Made our Aussie plans public on FB :biggrin: 9 weeks to go!!

We also have a FB black out and our eldest is not allowed to tell her friends yet. Our twins broadcast the fact we are moving to Oz to everyone that is willing to listen and many that aren't but no one believes them, from mouths of babes :cute:

Guest guest59177
I don't thinkit has anything to do with where you are from, I think that the DIAC read your last post on this thread and decided they better do more checks :biglaugh:

Look at it this way. If I went over to Australia, they can check me up personally... but they just don't get it do they :cool:

If you have money and time before you come get yourselves to Scotland. Ireland, France ?, Amsterdam, anywhere that you have wanted to visit close to the UK. There are so many posts here from expats that complain they want to be close to Europe to visit the countries nearby. Get it over with. When you are here you will have Fiji, Bali, Vanuatu, New Zealand etc. etc. I know which I would rather have !:ssign18:

Archived