What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started my Visa process.......paid agent, almost got all forms together, will be submitting in the next few weeks..............

Huge Congrats Candygirl over the moon for you hun xxxxx

Becky

Thanks Hon. Hope all goes smoothly with your appl.

How was Lee's trip? If we cannot sell the house, that might be our only option, fly in and fly out to activate - although not keen at all on doing that.

Very haven't told kids yet theyy are away at grandparents and dreading the final goodbye :( he was all set to come with us had all his Rabies jabs etc but about 6 weeks ago hubby bailed on me which now only having one wage has severely restricted my rental budget and a few of the affordable areas have 24 hour cat curfews so cat has to stay on own property can be trapped and taken to pound if found wandering with big penalty to get it back. Finding a cheap house is gonna be hard enough let alone a cheap house ok to have pets was very worried that might not find one and then would have ended up going into shelter and maybe not getting rehomed. At least this way know he has safe place, lady answered my ad that lost her cat to old age a couple of months ago looking for new one to love and pamper

Hope you are OK? I cannot think how you must be feeling on top of everything you have had to deal with lately, but you have the done the best thing for your cat. It sounds as though he is going to a lovely new home.

• 2 weeks later...

I received all but one of my references needed to send off for my nursing registration assessment in March.

Since then the one employer whose reference I've been waiting for has spent weeks trying to avoid doing the reference.

Finally yesterday after dozens of phone calls she informed me she has sent out the reference to me. Hallelujah!

*fingers crossed* the reference arrives safely, then I'll be taking my next step towards applying for the visa :-)

Start my new job today at a local cinema, seasonal role, which finishes neatly when I want to leave for Aus...! Excited! Hopefully my wages will pay for our flights.

Good Luck and hope you enjoy it Hon. Think of all the free films you will get to see - am a bit jealous:biggrin:

Hi all!

I don't know if this is strictly the right place to be posting this bit couldn't find anywhere more relevant.

I almost have everything I need now to send my partner visa off. The only things I need are my police checks, which I have requested just waiting for a return. And my medical. Should I send my forms off and wait to go for the medical or get it done then send it all off together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry again if this is the wrong place for this post.

#amateurforumuser!

Hi all!

I don't know if this is strictly the right place to be posting this bit couldn't find anywhere more relevant.

I almost have everything I need now to send my partner visa off. The only things I need are my police checks, which I have requested just waiting for a return. And my medical. Should I send my forms off and wait to go for the medical or get it done then send it all off together?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry again if this is the wrong place for this post.

#amateurforumuser!

Probably best to start your own thread.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had an offer on the house, just going through the process with all that should be 8 - 12 weeks, my visa submitted so fingers crossed that wont take too long, got everything crossed that we will be in Oz mid to the end of August........exciting times ahead,

Becky and Lee xxx

Finally had an offer on the house, just going through the process with all that should be 8 - 12 weeks, my visa submitted so fingers crossed that wont take too long, got everything crossed that we will be in Oz mid to the end of August........exciting times ahead,

Becky and Lee xxx

Congratulations to you both xx

well I got the news Im being made redundant next week on friday so the the wife has finally relented and put our plans to move to oz back on the table so monday will be getting numbers for nursing agencies to look at moving out on a temp visa. My mum said these things happen for a reason so hopefully we can turn something negative into a posative...

Archived