What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Submitted 457 Visa today and paid. uploaded all supporting documents required. Medicals were done on March 15th and posted to Sydney. Not sure how long it takes for the visa to be approved? Any ideas on current processing time?

Cheers

It will depend on if your medicals are referred or not. Ours was all done online (including the medical results) OH took about 4 days (after having medical) with no referred medicals. My medical was referred and I was advised it is a 3-4 month wait currently for referred medicals. I asked if mine could be prioritised as I'm a nurse, going on a 457 visa and had to start by a certain date and it was. Got my 457 granted about 6 days after medicals were submitted. Like I said our results were submitted online though and not posted so was quicker. We were also advised that you had to submit and pay for your visa before having and sending off your medical as you need your TRN number? Don't know if this might delay things a bit for you?

Where are you moving to anyway? I'm assuming your a nurse also as you've registered with AHPRA, haha.

As for what I have done... today not so much but yesterday I got a start date, booked the flights, got a quote for shipping and booked accommodation :) 7 weeks and a day to go! whoop!

Submitted 457 Visa today and paid. uploaded all supporting documents required. Medicals were done on March 15th and posted to Sydney. Not sure how long it takes for the visa to be approved? Any ideas on current processing time?

Cheers

Good luck Aaron, we're in a similar boat, only we still need to get the medicals, this whole waiting thing is not half wearing thin :S

Guest scrumpy

Forwarded Police checks to agent today, medicals already in the system, so just a waiting game for 190 to be granted.

But how long to wait?? educated guesses please

that must have been hard to do ...

Very haven't told kids yet theyy are away at grandparents and dreading the final goodbye :( he was all set to come with us had all his Rabies jabs etc but about 6 weeks ago hubby bailed on me which now only having one wage has severely restricted my rental budget and a few of the affordable areas have 24 hour cat curfews so cat has to stay on own property can be trapped and taken to pound if found wandering with big penalty to get it back. Finding a cheap house is gonna be hard enough let alone a cheap house ok to have pets was very worried that might not find one and then would have ended up going into shelter and maybe not getting rehomed. At least this way know he has safe place, lady answered my ad that lost her cat to old age a couple of months ago looking for new one to love and pamper

Archived