What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Just an update on the en-suite. I woke up this morning - one wall has started to peel :cry:

Hiya just consulted the hubby and he says that you'll have to scrape off the paint and don't use the en suite for a couple of days to let it dry out properly then use a damp proof paint.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiya just consulted the hubby and he says that you'll have to scrape off the paint and don't use the en suite for a couple of days to let it dry out properly then use a damp proof paint.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Caz, I will give it go and let you know how I get on. On a more positive note, I have nearly finished the upstairs bathroom :biggrin: Only another 6 rooms and hall, stairs and landing to go!!! However, passports photos for all at weekend, then countersignature at weekend too, then wooohooooo, appointment at Australia House to apply for my Aus passport and once I have got all the passports sorted, can apply for the Spouse visa for the hubby and kids :biggrin: xx

Finally sent my VU app for trade assessment off! Wonder how long it will take?

This was actually sent to Vic Uni by my agent on the 20th, on the 21st he got a reply asking for further info!!!!! How fast? Any way the info has been sent today all ready for Monday a.m.

Just had the first of the shipping companies in to give us a quote on shipping. Looking at about half a container or thereabouts.

Need to sell more stuff!

Bought our "new-ish" car to take with next year. We now can plan for our move any time after 9 June 2014. Very sad that we are in the process of selling my beloved VW Golf but can't afford to take two cars with us.... and can't afford to run three cars till we go either.

Next on the list is a massive sale of old toys, child car seats, children's clothing and anything else in the loft which won't be going with.... just need to decide whether to sell on Facebook / Gumtree or ebay (not a fan of ebay..)

I have completely re-decorated the upstairs bathroom, it looks like a different room! Got the passport forms filled out, the passport photos done, booked an estate agent to come and see the house on Saturday, had the boiler serviced, and have decided to start the hall, stairs and landing as that is the biggest job for me.

I have completely re-decorated the upstairs bathroom, it looks like a different room! Got the passport forms filled out, the passport photos done, booked an estate agent to come and see the house on Saturday, had the boiler serviced, and have decided to start the hall, stairs and landing as that is the biggest job for me.

Have you tackled the en suite again yet? Let me know how it goes!

Bought our "new-ish" car to take with next year. We now can plan for our move any time after 9 June 2014. Very sad that we are in the process of selling my beloved VW Golf but can't afford to take two cars with us.... and can't afford to run three cars till we go either.

Next on the list is a massive sale of old toys, child car seats, children's clothing and anything else in the loft which won't be going with.... just need to decide whether to sell on Facebook / Gumtree or ebay (not a fan of ebay..)

Being a lazy beast, I couldn't be bothered with selling anything. I give all the unwanted/too young toys to the baby next door, and put the clothes into the charity shop at the end of the street. Along with anything else I don't want - I've even given them duvets before!

Have you tackled the en suite again yet? Let me know how it goes!

OMG Caz. Each day, more paint is starting to crack and peel :eek:. I've decided to leave it now and get on with the rest of the house, otherwise at this rate, I will be spending all my time just in there!! I think once it's all cracked and peeled, I will strip it back to bare plaster as your OH advised and re-start. The upstairs bathroom looks good though lol.

Finally got a date for my technical interview which will be in a couple of weeks.

Just wish we could have been at this stage 2 months ago and been in a position to avoid the new visa application charges.

Oh well, what will be, will be.

Spent the day working at home in the rain, I've been concreting edgings for the new drive. We may be a long way off our move to Oz but getting the very best out of our property should A) Get us the best possible price and B) Help towards selling as fast as poss.

I was soaked to the skin by 1.30pm and had to work until 3pm in it to get finished!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have been learning the words to Waltzing Matilda, so I know them hoff by heart when I get there.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong,

Under the shade of a Coolibah tree,

And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boil,

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me.

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda,

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me,

And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boil

Down came a jumbuck to drink at that billabong

Up jumped the swagman and grabbed him with glee,

And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda,

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me,

And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag

Up rode the squatter mounted on his thorough-bred

Down came the troopers One Two Three

Whose that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tucker bag

Waltzing Matilda Waltzing Matilda

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me

Whose that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tucker-bag

Up jumped the swagman sprang in to the billabong

You'll never catch me alive said he,

And his ghost may be heard as you pass by that billabong

Waltzing Matilda Waltzing Matilda

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me

And his ghost may be heard as you pass by that billabong

It's just beautiful, lol

Spent the day working at home in the rain, I've been concreting edgings for the new drive. We may be a long way off our move to Oz but getting the very best out of our property should A) Get us the best possible price and B) Help towards selling as fast as poss.

I was soaked to the skin by 1.30pm and had to work until 3pm in it to get finished!

I know how you feel, I am doing the same for the same reasons. I've started on the hall, stairs and landing now. I painted 15 spindles today :biggrin: Only another 53 to go :cry: I'm not sure why I didn't buy a bungalow or an apartment now I think about it!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I have been doing this to my house for the last 18 months, fully decorated top to bottom, new carpets, new furniture, done the gardens, it looks like a show house and I have done it all without the wife realising it. She said the other day, the house is really lovely and I said, hopefully it will sell quickly when we go to Oz. She gave me that look, only a wife can give her husband, lol.

I have been doing this to my house for the last 18 months, fully decorated top to bottom, new carpets, new furniture, done the gardens, it looks like a show house and I have done it all without the wife realising it. She said the other day, the house is really lovely and I said, hopefully it will sell quickly when we go to Oz. She gave me that look, only a wife can give her husband, lol.

That's what I'm hoping...not that the hubbie will notice but that it will sell more quickly :wink:

To cut a long story short ....... not :biggrin:

In Perth with the family Jan / Feb 2012 (our fourth visit)

We all decided to go for the move on 12 Feb 2012 on the train from Whitfords to Perth (son stipulated a pool)

March 2012 Booked the IELTS in Edinburgh

March 2012 Engaged ASA Consultants as our Agents

April 2012 Sat the IELTS Test

April 2012 recieved docs from ASA to prepare for EA CDR submission

May 2012 Passed IELTS R9L9S9W8

Submitted EA CDR July 2012

Sold house September 2012

waited .....waited .....waited .....waited .....waited .....waited .....

EA CDR Positive 19 Nov 2012

EOI submitted Nov 2012

Invited Dec 2012

Visa 189 Submitted Feb 2013

Medicals / Police Check March 2013

CO Allocated March 2013

Medical referred March 2013

Got quote from Petair for the Dog March 2013

Dog got rabies jabs March 2013

Job Offer April 2013

Dog's rabies test OK April 2013

Medical Cleared 7/5/13

Visa Grant 7/5/13

Flights Booked 15/5/13

Parents decided they are emigrating also 20/5/13

Parents house on market 27/5/13

Parents house sold 30/5/13

Moving company quoted for removals June 2013

Make the big move on 10th September Gatwick - Dubai - Perth

Cant believe what we have been through, but it will be worth it.

Tony, Sandra, Luke and Bud the Dog. oh ..... and the parents :-)

Archived