What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

My three year old helped me pack her suitcase...

...by "help" I mean she unfolded and tried on every item of clothing going into the case, then refused to take her new favourite outfit off. She has gone to bed wearing a sundress.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booked 3 more visits from shipping companies, and emailed the export company to book the car export. So much to do and so little time. We are also planning our wedding for April, and then emigration in may.....think we're going to be ever so slightly busy!!!

Today I ate two bars of chocolate.

It's called stress management.

Seven days to go.

i think I may have the last choice bar for supper.:confused:

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I am sure it will be fine, Goodbyes are never easy, I feel for you. Take care and have a safe journey, let us know that all goes well

Beecky xxx

Thank you for your good wishes Becky, sorry for the late response! Got here safe and sound! Good luck for your viewing tomorrow! xxx

Negotiated with a three year old which toys are going on the ship, and which on the airplane....

...then I negotiated with the thirty four year old which of his toys are going on the ship, and which on the airplane.

The three year old was far more reasonable than her father. :huh:

FINALLY I sat the IELTS exam! Yay. Now begins the ball rolling, going to be applying for nursing registration and submitting my EOI next :-D

Out of interest, how long do those IELTS results take to come through, anyone know?

2 weeks if sit on sat can collect in person on day 12/13 or will arrive in the post on 16th day the mon. Well that's how it was with both my general and academic at 2 diff uni

Defrosted the fridge, washed the landlords curtains, packed and sorted more boxes of toys, yelled at the kids for unpacking the toys again, cleaned the BBQ, dismantled furniture....

...and currently enjoying a much needed drink.:wacko:

Waved goodbye to the container and moved in with inlaws for the next three nights.

I ran out of time so I ended up just throwing everything into the suitcases and a couple of crates for the plane, so I still have to pack properly before we fly.

I am feeling my age tonight... :SLEEP:

Got email from CO confirming that the only outstanding doc is our meds. The online system had loads still showing required or recommended but apparently it a bit behind.

No more messing about trying to up-load, just the wait for the meds and then the decision. 

That's good news Hon.

Got fed up with the system. Ours is showing the same. Sent everything off to CO that she requested for me, heard nothing since.

Fly in the early hours of tmoz morn for the Meds, I am like a demented here with worry:embarrassed:

I think the Doc might need to give me a horse tranquiliser or something to keep me calm:biggrin:

That's good news Hon.

Got fed up with the system. Ours is showing the same. Sent everything off to CO that she requested for me, heard nothing since.

Fly in the early hours of tmoz morn for the Meds, I am like a demented here with worry:embarrassed:

I think the Doc might need to give me a horse tranquiliser or something to keep me calm:biggrin:

Hey hun, best of luck I am sure you will be fine, easier said than done I know but it will go great. Keep us posted, all the best

Becky xxx

Hey hun, best of luck I am sure you will be fine, easier said than done I know but it will go great. Keep us posted, all the best

Becky xxx

Ah Thanks Hon. All getting a bit real now.

I am not looking forward to the meds, but am going to Manchester to see the Doc who has been recommended for people like me "a demented giblet about hospitals". I am also looking forward to going Oop North. Only ever been to Blackpool before. The plan is to take my mind off of the meds and have a whistlestop tour of Manchester and Liverpool, so am really looking forward to that.

Finger's crossed you have some good news on the house front when I get back Lorraine xxx

Archived