What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, My OH is having a fit though. A house down the road from us came on the market which is slightly smaller than ours and they are looking for offers over £225K, our homereport value was only £225K, How that works beats me but I will be calling the surveyor first thing on Monday and their council tax band is 1 below us. Baffled.

Wish my house value was the same as yours with our equity, I would be skipping to Aus a happy man. Good luck tomorrow.

I am using ironchef, I was trying to save a few pounds and apply for my import licence myself. Think I've got issue sorted. House looks good all the hard work seems to have paid off, hopefully you get a buyer and they pay the asking price.

We've got our first 2 viewers tomorrow so here's hoping, http://www.clydeproperty.com/buying/clackmannanshire/tullibody/macalpine-court-muirside/6118.html

Very Nice!!

Guest Duckymomo

We've given notice to Sky, mobile phone providers and home phone and broadband, we expect to leave in a month so it's all beginning to feel very real now. Looked up flights and of course doing more research on PIO.

Thanks for the kind offer.

Our stuff will now be there before me, why did I do it that way around, should have used the money to sort my flight and the dogs out ...... Originally there were two, but one had to be put to sleep two week ago. And then shipped the furniture when they paid

up.:arghh::arghh::arghh: hindsight is a great thing.

I am a bit down at the moment, so probably best guys if you just all ignore me x

Sounds tough, we were thinking of sending my OH first, never ideal but we have to do what we have to do!!:eek: As we say in SA (vasbyt) which means persevere.

Morning everyone,

Had my works leaving night last night, it was fantastic, but sad too. Lovely kind friends, gave me lovely presents, and a lovely meal/ night out.

Said bye to my mum yesterday, so everything seems to be moving faster. 13 days till we fly.

Sold nearly everything we have advertised, cannot believe gumtree, wish I had discovered it sooner!

More meet ups over the weekend, x

I am using ironchef, I was trying to save a few pounds and apply for my import licence myself. Think I've got issue sorted. House looks good all the hard work seems to have paid off, hopefully you get a buyer and they pay the asking price.

We've got our first 2 viewers tomorrow so here's hoping, http://www.clydeproperty.com/buying/clackmannanshire/tullibody/macalpine-court-muirside/6118.html

Your houses are stunning... Location definitely helps, we have 4 bed semi-detached and we're only asking £150k, things are very slow in our area, we've had 2 viewings, 1 cancelled viewing and 1 second viewing and still no offers!!

http://www.amcdproperty.co.uk/property/showproperty.php?p=722

Guest Chantel

Good Morning!

Today I received docs back from the solicitors, so would now be able to forward them on to Perth BDM to register my married sirname, except, they haven't certified all of the photo copies, which means we have to send them back to the solicitor again first! :nah: I am very tempted to just send it off to Perth and hope for the best!

Tonight we are off to see the Lion King at the Lyceum Theater in London...Can't wait! - in celebration of our wedding anniversary on Monday. Also, hubby's cousin came up to visit us for the day (also from London) and we had a great time, went to watch our local BBL Basketball team Milton Keynes Lions in a very exciting and close game of ball. We don't see him too often, don't know if we'll get to do something like that again before we leave? Told all of our immediate family that this is 100% the year of not just talking about Oz, but also actively making moves and actually going there for good. Had a few tears from my sister in law. Bless her.

Guest Chantel
Skyped with oh ....... And I might be on my way t the end of the month :cool:

Excellent! Sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you! God Speed and Mighty Favor!!! :angel_happy_face_ha

Thanks, My OH is having a fit though. A house down the road from us came on the market which is slightly smaller than ours and they are looking for offers over £225K, our homereport value was only £225K, How that works beats me but I will be calling the surveyor first thing on Monday and their council tax band is 1 below us. Baffled.

Wish my house value was the same as yours with our equity, I would be skipping to Aus a happy man. Good luck tomorrow.

Lovely house DerhAm

Good luck ........

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I just laid back for a few minutes and closed my eyes and thought about being on the beach at surfers paradise, boogie boarding with the wife and kids in the warm sea and strong surf, the stunning beach behind us and the incredible sky scrapers, the kids laughing with excitement, it was the best time ever.

Everything now sold on Gumtree bar a chair. Chuffed to bits. House upside down though. Started to put things in cases, and have given myself a fright how little we can take across. More last minute shopping tomorrow to spend some vouchers, and visiting family members for the last time. Ahhh all getting very very real now. Excited but worrying Perth is not what I have imagined to it be.