176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Guest jacob maguire

what evidence do i need to submit with a state sponsored visa for bricklaying? dont want to pay all that money and miss anything?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guyz,

I lodged 176 NSW state sponsored visa on the 6th Dec 2011. CO was allocated on 4th Jan 2012 and requested PCC & medicals. My medicals were finalized on 17th Jan 2012 and spouse's medicals was finalized on 27th Jan 2012. Up to now, we have not recieved any communications.... Our agent does not want to push the CO by sending a polite enquiry.. Any idea whether will I get visa within the month of February?

Hi Guyz,

I lodged 176 NSW state sponsored visa on the 6th Dec 2011. CO was allocated on 4th Jan 2012 and requested PCC & medicals. My medicals were finalized on 17th Jan 2012 and spouse's medicals was finalized on 27th Jan 2012. Up to now, we have not recieved any communications.... Our agent does not want to push the CO by sending a polite enquiry.. Any idea whether will I get visa within the month of February?

I was told the average tme is 2 weeks but upto 6 is not uncommon.

Hi all,

I've not been actively following up with this thread for quite some time already. Wow, many good news here. Congrats to all who have got ur visa granted. And to those waiting, I join u in waiting. Some months ago I seek help and got advice from some of u, many thanks. I've finally got the Vic SS confirmed on 30/1 and lodged my 176 application on 31/1. 11 days have gone, and still waiting for a CO to be assigned. Meanwhile I've uploaded all relevant documents stated in the checklist from DIAC, left only the character check and medical check. Before I left Malaysia in Sep'11 I've done the police clearance, and since then I'm in Germany. I have some more questions I hope you guys can help me again:

1. can i attach already the character check result I have done in Sep'11 (it's date stamped Sep'11, does it matter?)

2. i studied in Australia in year 2001 to 2003, should i get also Austrlian police clearance?

3. i'm in Germany since Oct'11 (not yet 1 year), so I supposed I don't need a clearance here?

4. when should i make appointment for the medical checkup & x-ray? should i wait until the CO request me to do so?

Many thanks again for ur help...

Hi all,

I've not been actively following up with this thread for quite some time already. Wow, many good news here. Congrats to all who have got ur visa granted. And to those waiting, I join u in waiting. Some months ago I seek help and got advice from some of u, many thanks. I've finally got the Vic SS confirmed on 30/1 and lodged my 176 application on 31/1. 11 days have gone, and still waiting for a CO to be assigned. Meanwhile I've uploaded all relevant documents stated in the checklist from DIAC, left only the character check and medical check. Before I left Malaysia in Sep'11 I've done the police clearance, and since then I'm in Germany. I have some more questions I hope you guys can help me again:

1. can i attach already the character check result I have done in Sep'11 (it's date stamped Sep'11, does it matter?)

2. i studied in Australia in year 2001 to 2003, should i get also Austrlian police clearance?

3. i'm in Germany since Oct'11 (not yet 1 year), so I supposed I don't need a clearance here?

4. when should i make appointment for the medical checkup & x-ray? should i wait until the CO request me to do so?

Many thanks again for ur help...

1. Yes you can attach it, it is valid for 12months

2. From what i know you should get PCC from all the countries where u have lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years

3. PCC and medical reports are valid for one year, so it is up to you if you want to take the risk

Guest mjcgito

Hello everyone,

I had my medical test last January 30 and the medical results have been uploaded last February 04, 2012. Mine is not an online application, but a paper-based one (from a High Risk Country). I have been wanting to know the status of my application, but my agent is discouraging me from making a follow up with a case officer because it might annoy them. Anyway, how long do you think is lead time for us to get a visa decision from the time the medicals have been uploaded. The waiting is just driving me insane. :( Just sharing my feelings guys..hope to hear from all of you.

Thanks guys

Uploaded it this evening and emailed the CO just for a ping to say it's there. We will see what happens but i do believe a glass of wine is called for even if it is mid-week !

Will let you know if I hear anything

Millie x

Hey Millie,

Dont Worry all will be well and you will sail through :), All our wishes are with you :)

Regards

Ash

Hi All,

It gives me immense pleasure to let you all know I have received my Grant on 31st Jan 2012, Went Singapore and got it stamped. Just reached back to Melbourne today an hour ago, thought I should first share the news with all of you who have been providing lots of support. Thanks to all of you for your help and support specially to Dani, Millie, Derham and mjcgito.

Please feel free to buzz me in case you need any help since I am based in Melbourne/Australia since long I may be of some help :)

Regards

Ash

Hello everyone,

I had my medical test last January 30 and the medical results have been uploaded last February 04, 2012. Mine is not an online application, but a paper-based one (from a High Risk Country). I have been wanting to know the status of my application, but my agent is discouraging me from making a follow up with a case officer because it might annoy them. Anyway, how long do you think is lead time for us to get a visa decision from the time the medicals have been uploaded. The waiting is just driving me insane. :( Just sharing my feelings guys..hope to hear from all of you.

Hi Mjcgito, for me it took exactly 3 days from the day I sent them my PCC. They do not respond normally to any other emails you send to your case officers. I would expect if you CO just asked for the Medicals and nothing else in first go chances are that thats the only additional information is needed and will send you grant today or this week surely ( assuming they dont need any further information)... Mine was also paper bsed application. I know wait kills ... I just got over it :)

Cheers

Ash

Guest mjcgito
Hi Mjcgito, for me it took exactly 3 days from the day I sent them my PCC. They do not respond normally to any other emails you send to your case officers. I would expect if you CO just asked for the Medicals and nothing else in first go chances are that thats the only additional information is needed and will send you grant today or this week surely ( assuming they dont need any further information)... Mine was also paper bsed application. I know wait kills ... I just got over it :)

Cheers

Ash

Wow Ash!! COngratulations! :) I'm really happy that you have now your Visa. I just wish I will also be as lucky as you are....:)Cheers!!

Warm regards,

mjcgito

Hi All,

It gives me immense pleasure to let you all know I have received my Grant on 31st Jan 2012, Went Singapore and got it stamped. Just reached back to Melbourne today an hour ago, thought I should first share the news with all of you who have been providing lots of support. Thanks to all of you for your help and support specially to Dani, Millie, Derham and mjcgito.

Please feel free to buzz me in case you need any help since I am based in Melbourne/Australia since long I may be of some help :)

Regards

Ash

Congratulations AshAsh!!! So very pleased for you!! I wish you every happiness in your future in Australia!! :jiggy:Dx

Hi All,

Regards

Ash

Congratz Ash

Hi All,

Regards

Ash

Well done Ash bet you feel great:biggrin:

Hi Slch, can I ask you when did you apply for Vic SS? Want to know the current processing time for the Vic sponsorship.

thx

Hi Fujisan,

I submitted the Vic SS on 24.11.11, got it only on 30.1.12 (67 days).

Hi. I'm told that people from low risk countries are rarely asked for a medical for a 176. I want to save time and would hate to delay the outcome by not doing a medical before applying. I'm 28 and from a low risk country, what are the chances they will request? (if you know)

Thanks

Hi Youn will need to do Medical irrespective of you are from low or high risk country. I would suggest you get it done , this will save lots of time for you. Only difference with High Risk and Low Risk countries is of character assessment form 80 with High Risk there are good chances CO asks for Form 80 that requires significant time to validate and verify.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers !! Ash

Well done Ash bet you feel great:biggrin:

Thanks Derham, Yes I feel great its a great great relief :) and now I am planning the next steps and focusing on long term plans.

Cheers!!

Ash

Wow Ash!! COngratulations! :) I'm really happy that you have now your Visa. I just wish I will also be as lucky as you are....:)Cheers!!

Warm regards,

mjcgito

Am sure you will get it, I am praying for everyone in this forum for their Grant!!

Well I also had a thought once we all are done Can we plan a get together a nice one dinner drinks and dance and seeing each other would be nice

what say!!

All - (Millie, Dani, Dawood, Derham etc....) what do you reckon?? I will organize just need your support :)

Cheers !

Ash

Congratulations AshAsh!!! So very pleased for you!! I wish you every happiness in your future in Australia!! :jiggy:Dx

Thanks so much Dani and also you all senior members have been very supportive and helpful I owe you all :). I am now starting to think and work on my long term plans and also wanting to get into Business then being in Service... :)

Cheers !!

Ash

Archived