176 lodged December 2011

jacb

That's good news chps!! congrats!! Things are progressing... Check my one of the message to you .. I mentioned to have CO by Monday or Tuesday atleast you got it on Tuesday :)

Cheers!!

Ash

You were right. :)

You'll get yours tomorrow or day after too. All the best! :)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still no news on the visa, meds uploaded 19th and police checks submitted the previous week, starting to get worried and I can't concentrate on anything it's driving me crazy.

Derham, the average - although there's no guarantee with averages - for the grant after the medicals are uploaded seems to be a week or so. I was prepared for anything up to 6 weeks, which was the norm until recently.

Try to relax - if there were an issue, you would have heard by now... :)

Derham, the average - although there's no guarantee with averages - for the grant after the medicals are uploaded seems to be a week or so. I was prepared for anything up to 6 weeks, which was the norm until recently.

Try to relax - if there were an issue, you would have heard by now... :)

Easier said than done, I just can't get it out of my mind the longer it takes all sorts run through your mind (i Know how stupid that is). Need to stop watching wanted down under and re-runs of Phil down under.

I had an email from my case officer today asking for even more further information to do with some previous employment from 4 years ago. Not looking forward to hunting them down for another more detailed ref. The want a complete detailed record of every contract undertaken through them. There goes my weekend. I was hoping p60 and a reference would suffice.

Millie x

I had an email from my case officer today asking for even more further information to do with some previous employment from 4 years ago. Not looking forward to hunting them down for another more detailed ref. The want a complete detailed record of every contract undertaken through them. There goes my weekend. I was hoping p60 and a reference would suffice.

Millie x

They certainly seem to want their pound of flesh and then some.

Gosh Millie what a pain, I assume it must be because you are a teacher and they need to be extra careful? Hopefully you'll have your visa soon Derham, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with anything as the only problem at this stage for you would be the medical and Edinburgh would have contacted you directly if there were any problems. Maybe you'll have some luck by the weekend.

Gosh Millie what a pain, I assume it must be because you are a teacher and they need to be extra careful? Hopefully you'll have your visa soon Derham, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with anything as the only problem at this stage for you would be the medical and Edinburgh would have contacted you directly if there were any problems. Maybe you'll have some luck by the weekend.

Thanks, just concerned when other visas granted over the last month or so are being approved within days of the meds and PCC's being completed. Worry Worry Worry.

Easier said than done, I just can't get it out of my mind the longer it takes all sorts run through your mind (i Know how stupid that is). Need to stop watching wanted down under and re-runs of Phil down under.

I really reckon you'll hear by the weekend, hope you're not fretting too much!

Also, where is Wanted Down Under on?? I'd love to watch it! :)

No nothing and with it being Australia day and I think most people are off on Friday as well that will be another weekend worrying. We are going down to mu OH parents this weekend and we where hoping to tell them our good news (and their bad news), but looks like it will have to wait.

No nothing and with it being Australia day and I think most people are off on Friday as well that will be another weekend worrying. We are going down to mu OH parents this weekend and we where hoping to tell them our good news (and their bad news), but looks like it will have to wait.

hmm, yes of course, it's a public holiday over there...Hope you and the OH are not too stressed - it won't be long! :) x

Thanks Ash - i've had a CO from 5 Jan

Hi Dani, how is it going? All set to move :)

I haven't heard anything so still just waiting and its now getting on my nerves:(. Long weekends are suppose to be good but in this case Long weekends are more of a pain :)

Did CO ask for any additional documents apart from Med and PCC after getting assigned to you

Regards

Ash!!

Millie x

How is it going Millie? Wish this one will be the last task for you fingers crossed:)

Regards

Ash

Well guy's I've got a big cheesy grin, visa came through today the stress of the last week has been forgotten now we have the stress of selling up, finding a new job in Oz, Schools, Home and the move. OMG I think the stress will be worse but atleast i've got the bit of paper that says you can go to Oz, Yipeeeeee:biggrin:

Hi Dani, how is it going? All set to move :)

I haven't heard anything so still just waiting and its now getting on my nerves:(. Long weekends are suppose to be good but in this case Long weekends are more of a pain :)

Did CO ask for any additional documents apart from Med and PCC after getting assigned to you

Regards

Ash!!

Hi Ash,

"I haven't heard anything so still just waiting and its now getting on my nerves:(. Long weekends are suppose to be good but in this case Long weekends are more of a pain" - yes definitely, but these applications are going through much quicker than before, so you won't be long waiting.

"Did CO ask for any additional documents apart from Med and PCC after getting assigned to you" -No. Although every case is treated individually, and if your CO wanted more documents from you - you would have heard about it by now.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy process,

D :)

Well guy's I've got a big cheesy grin, visa came through today the stress of the last week has been forgotten now we have the stress of selling up, finding a new job in Oz, Schools, Home and the move. OMGI think the stress will be worse but atleast i've got the bit of paper that says you can go to Oz, Yipeeeeee:biggrin:

Most excellent news!!! Congratultions Derham!!!! :)

Well guy's I've got a big cheesy grin, visa came through today the stress of the last week has been forgotten now we have the stress of selling up, finding a new job in Oz, Schools, Home and the move. OMG I think the stress will be worse but atleast i've got the bit of paper that says you can go to Oz, Yipeeeeee:biggrin:

Congrats Dreham!! Awesome news :)

Cheers!!

Ash

It is a worry i've got the gadget on my desktop that keps me up dated and we you see it fall you think that is less AUD for the new home but wen you consider it has dropped by 12cents since we started that meens for every £1000 we are taking we have lost $120 which equates to about a $12000 loss on what we plan to take with us (assuming we get the house sold and get what we are looking for). The sooner we get out the better, once we are there it wont make any differance in fact hope it keeps going down as holidays back to Scotland will be less expensive.

Archived