176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Thanks, I do feel satisfied that we provided everything they needed, so trying to just relax now and concentrate on the bigger picture! Speaking of which, how are your leaving plans going? All on schedule?

Looking forward to booking that date so we can start organising shiz!

:)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far everything is going well. We have opened up an aussie bank account and booked short term accommodation for the first 4 weeks. My oh is working in Saudi until the beginning of April so I get the task of organising all our stuff and deciding what to ship, leave and get rid of! Luckily we sold our flat in Scotland several months ago and I've been living with my parents so we don't need to worry about that but I still seem to have "to do" lists all over the place :biggrin: You'll be at this stage very soon! When are you hoping to head across?

Sounds familiar! Although we're one step behind you! We had a viewer for the apartment last night (really keen, yay!) and I'll most likely be heading to Perth first to organise our accomodation etc, while OH ties up work here and ships our stuff over to me. I'll probably head sooner rather than later, looking at April/May..then OH in Aug/Sep :)

That sounds really promising about your apartment, it would be perfect timing if you managed to sell it quickly. You will be a very similar time frame to us then. Have you any idea where you would like to live in Perth?

Sounds good Derham!

Not sure on the areas yet Jacb, as initially we were heading to Gero because I have an open job offer there - on the other hand, they're a state-wide company, so we're going to go to Perth first and find our feet!

How about you? Have you looked at areas?

:)

Oh that's right I think I knew you were going there. We're def. staying in Perth but not totally sure of where we'll stay yet. It will depend on jobs etc. I've been in contact we people at Curtin University and I'm hoping to get a job there, I think the department is based on their main campus in Bentley. My oh hasn't started looking at jobs yet but plans to in the next few weeks. We were initially looking at Subiaco as we liked it there when we visited Perth several years ago but its pretty expensive and I think there must be lots of other lovely areas too. Our short term lease is in Shenton Park so hopefully that'll be a good base to start from!

I know I'm sitting in work at the moment but I keep checking my emails for poms in oz posts!! I have so much to do though so I should really just shut it all down!! No problem I'll try to help if I can. We booked our short term let through Oz House Rentals. They seem very reasonable priced.

got a text from my old MD stating that the Australian High Commision had emailed him asking him to confirm all the details on my ref are crrect and that he wrote the ref in the first place, We had a major fall out a few weeks ago re our old company. I've got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach:cry:

got a text from my old MD stating that the Australian High Commision had emailed him asking him to confirm all the details on my ref are crrect and that he wrote the ref in the first place, We had a major fall out a few weeks ago re our old company. I've got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach:cry:

Try not to worry

He will not be that vindictive surely. It will be fine. If he did sign /write it he has a legal obligation to admit it.

I am now sweating over my form 80. I have had that many jobs and been to that many places I just can't remember all the exact dates. I bet I get something wrong. What happens if you get some old dates wrong or something? I have been 2 hours at it this evening and I am on my third continuation sheet - not good.

Millie x

Try not to worry

He will not be that vindictive surely. It will be fine. If he did sign /write it he has a legal obligation to admit it.

I am now sweating over my form 80. I have had that many jobs and been to that many places I just can't remember all the exact dates. I bet I get something wrong. What happens if you get some old dates wrong or something? I have been 2 hours at it this evening and I am on my third continuation sheet - not good.

Millie x

Hi Millie, Did you take a copy of your original PR allication form, Just copy paste it may be a simpler way. Exact dates doesnt matter but yes places do so that they can get the character assessment done all the places you have stayed for last 10 years.

I made a word document while I was the filling the PR application form, so that I just have to copy paste if need be and data remains consistent for all the foroms:). I know its tiresome job but required and worth it.

Let me know know if you need any help, flick it to me I will do what ever is possible, as little free at office due to people yet to comeback from vacations :)

Cheers!!

Ash

Regards

Ash

Hi Millie, Did you take a copy of your original PR allication form, Just copy paste it may be a simpler way. Exact dates doesnt matter but yes places do so that they can get the character assessment done all the places you have stayed for last 10 years.

I made a word document while I was the filling the PR application form, so that I just have to copy paste if need be and data remains consistent for all the foroms:). I know its tiresome job but required and worth it.

Let me know know if you need any help, flick it to me I will do what ever is possible, as little free at office due to people yet to comeback from vacations :)

Cheers!!

Ash

Regards

Ash

Thanks for the advice Ash

No I didn't print a copy of the online form. :frown:The second I submitted payment and went to the final screen the site crashed and I couldn't print when I logged back in so I may be a month out on jobs from many years ago. Also travelled to loads of countries over the years, some HR so I am hoping all that is in order.

Millie x

Thanks for the advice Ash

No I didn't print a copy of the online form. :frown:The second I submitted payment and went to the final screen the site crashed and I couldn't print when I logged back in so I may be a month out on jobs from many years ago. Also travelled to loads of countries over the years, some HR so I am hoping all that is in order.

Millie x

Hi Millie

We had also been to a lot of countries over the years. I just made a spreadsheet for both of us and at the top added a caveat stating that that our dates were approximate. We have both been to high risk countries too and my oh has been living in Saudi and visiting Bahrain nearly every weekend. We submitted the sheets along with our form 80 and overnight they were accepted and the status was changed to met. You should have no problems.

x

Millie, we also completed form 80.. I think the issue for the department is that you disclose as much information as you possibly can-I have also travelled extensively and lived in several countries but I was able to find the dates etc by doing an email search, checking old passport stamps and the like. If you are unsure, you can always do as Jacb suggests and add a footnote that the dates are approximate. Just try to make sure you list as much as you can x

Derham, I wouldn't worry- the individual concerned has a legal obligation to confirm the ref. Even if he had a personal issue he wouldn't be wise to air that to a government agency. People are rarely that vindictive. Also, with defamation laws in place, few would behave so childishly when there are potential legal consequences. In any case, your case officer would have been in touch by now if there was any problem.x

Millie, we also completed form 80.. I think the issue for the department is that you disclose as much information as you possibly can-I have also travelled extensively and lived in several countries but I was able to find the dates etc by doing an email search, checking old passport stamps and the like. If you are unsure, you can always do as Jacb suggests and add a footnote that the dates are approximate. Just try to make sure you list as much as you can x

Derham, I wouldn't worry- the individual concerned has a legal obligation to confirm the ref. Even if he had a personal issue he wouldn't be wise to air that to a government agency. People are rarely that vindictive. Also, with defamation laws in place, few would behave so childishly when there are potential legal consequences. In any case, your case officer would have been in touch by now if there was any problem.x

Thanks Dani

i have been through all the passport stamps. I am not so worried about the European trips but some of the military travel didn't validate passport / use visas and just can't remember exact dates. I will do the footnote thing I think

Millie x

My old MD forwarded me a copy of his email reply to the Australian High Commision, all the worry was for nothing.

Thanks Dani

i have been through all the passport stamps. I am not so worried about the European trips but some of the military travel didn't validate passport / use visas and just can't remember exact dates. I will do the footnote thing I think

Millie x

Wish I put a foot note on my form 80 as we guessed a few of the dates!!!!

Guest garyheidi7

Hi everyone, its really great to read all your posts, i cant believe my OH and i have got to this stage, things seem to be moving really fast now. We lodged our 176 on the 12th December, we had a CO allocated on the 9th January and have been asked for our meds, police checks, and form 80. We already have our police checks and our meds are booked for Tuesday, so really excited. Good luck all of you, hope we all get our visa very soon!:biggrin:

Archived