176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Hi All, I am new to the forum and applicant of 176 Visa on 23rd December. Have been going through quite a few confusions and multiple messages from different agents to people until finally spend good amount of time to understand the whole process clearly :). I am hoping to get progress by mid to Jan end.

VIC SS received: 5th Dec 2011, SS sent form 1100 to DIAC: 7th Dec 2012, DIAC responded invalid as cannot upgrade 175 to 176 , called diac and came to know can launched paper based another application. 23rd December launched another 176 . received confirmation on 3rd Jan from DIAC. Waiting time starts now for me :)

Hi there

Welcome to the forum. good luck with the application. I am also a December applicant waiting at the moment. I still have some documents to upload but waiting for an employer ref from a previous job. keep us posted how you are progressins

All the best

Millie x

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news Dani, got my medicals today and police checks arrived in the post as well, just waiting on my OH medicals (next Fri) and we are all set.
Great stuff Derham, I'll bet you're relieved! How did you find the medical? We have ours on Tuesday :)

The medical was fine only took about 1 hour and didn't feel the blood sample. My OH is back in Edinburgh next week as well, just a pain she couldn't get time off work. They indicated they would have the bloods back within 7 days and the meds will be uploaded in no more than 9 days so DIAc should have all our meds by the 22nd and then it's a waiting game. Just hope no issues are found with the meds.

The medical was fine only took about 1 hour and didn't feel the blood sample. My OH is back in Edinburgh next week as well, just a pain she couldn't get time off work. They indicated they would have the bloods back within 7 days and the meds will be uploaded in no more than 9 days so DIAc should have all our meds by the 22nd and then it's a waiting game. Just hope no issues are found with the meds.

I'm sure you'll be fine - it's so easy to stress about this medical....I can't wait to get Tuesday out of the way!

Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to stop thinking about this whole thing?! :)

Guest Ashash

:dull:Agreed I cant stop myself thinking about!!!:( Not able to ficus... Keep checking emails with lots of hopes and read blogs to see it anyone has any updates on their applications .... The wait seems more difficult then like a response awaited from your love after proposing her :)....Do or Die!!!

Guest Ashash

Yes I guess because of the Christmas embargo... I am hoping some progress by this weekend. Apparently I have heard you get CO after 10 days of lodging the 176 SS. May be other Senior members from this forum can advise...keeping my fingers crossed. I have lots of decision pending and needs to be taken before Jan end on this progress :)

Regards

Ash

Guest mjcgito

Hello guys!

I received an acknowledgement letter from DIAC stating that they have received my application for E Subclass 176 Skilled (Migrant) Sponsored visa last Dec. 16, 2011. Does it mean I already have a case officer since the letter is from a GSM Adelaide Staff? What's the indicator that I already have a Case Officer allocated to handle my application?

Hope to hear from you!

Regards,

mjcg

Guest Ashash

Hey mjcg.. was it a paper based application, if so it only means that they have assessed it as valid VISA application and they should have provided some 2 to 3 attachments including the receipt of the payment.

For online application it is easy to track the status and check if CO is assigned or not, but with paper based you can only either wait for email from CO if he gets assigned and needs the additional info or call and check toll free number to see if CO has been assigned or not

Guest mjcgito
Hey mjcg.. was it a paper based application, if so it only means that they have assessed it as valid VISA application and they should have provided some 2 to 3 attachments including the receipt of the payment.

For online application it is easy to track the status and check if CO is assigned or not, but with paper based you can only either wait for email from CO if he gets assigned and needs the additional info or call and check toll free number to see if CO has been assigned or not

Thank you for your reply, Ashash. :) Ours is paper-based application, I don't know why our agent did not choose an online application..

I wish can also update my status within January!

All the best everyone!!

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 1[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 2[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional subclass 887

online[/TD]

[TD]Within 4 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional subclass 887

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

paper[/TD]

[TD] N/A[/TD]

[TD] N/A[/TD]

[TD] N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]15 May 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent Regional (Provisional) subclass 495[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored subclass 496[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent Overseas Student subclass 880[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Australian-sponsored Overseas Student subclass 881[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Designated Area-sponsored Overseas Student subclass 882[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Onshore Australian-sponsored New Zealand Citizen subclass 862[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1 January 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Yes I guess because of the Christmas embargo... I am hoping some progress by this weekend. Apparently I have heard you get CO after 10 days of lodging the 176 SS. May be other Senior members from this forum can advise...keeping my fingers crossed. I have lots of decision pending and needs to be taken before Jan end on this progress :)

Regards

Ash

Hi Ash

Just to let you know, we lodged on 25/12 and were allocated our CO today - someone on team 2, I dont know if this is based on where we are state sponsored from (SA) but wanted to let you know for reference.

Ali

Hi Ash

Just to let you know, we lodged on 25/12 and were allocated our CO today - someone on team 2, I dont know if this is based on where we are state sponsored from (SA) but wanted to let you know for reference.

Ali

1 more big step finished.

Guest thehoe5

hi all

just read this thread and we were going to go down the 175 route but as the 176 seems to be quicker we're edging towards that.....

Is it easy enough to do alone or should we pay an expert??

What do we need to do first...am I right in thinking IELTS and Vatasses (Hubby general plumber)

Then is it apply to state (NSW) in our case then lodge with all documentation?

It seems to be taking around 6 months start to granted if you don't mess around is this right?

Sorry for all the questions but we seem to get our head round one visa then change our minds....wish I could just click my ruby red slippers!!! :biggrin:

hi all

just read this thread and we were going to go down the 175 route but as the 176 seems to be quicker we're edging towards that.....

Is it easy enough to do alone or should we pay an expert??

What do we need to do first...am I right in thinking IELTS and Vatasses (Hubby general plumber)

Then is it apply to state (NSW) in our case then lodge with all documentation?

It seems to be taking around 6 months start to granted if you don't mess around is this right?

Sorry for all the questions but we seem to get our head round one visa then change our minds....wish I could just click my ruby red slippers!!! :biggrin:

Yes first stop is a points test just to clarify that you will hit the criteria before you spend any big money. Then a skills assessment and IELTS. You automatically get an IELTS score of 6 on uk passport but if you need extra points the exam is the way to get them. Once you have a positive skills assessment you can set about applying for state sponsorship.

At the moment the longest process seems to be the skills assessment.

good luck

Millie x

Hey folks

Just got my email

I have a case officer who as feared is requesting a load of extra things. I guess tomorrow evening I shall be on the case with all that

Millie x

Congrats Millie!! So I am hoping for me anytime this week :), keeping fingers crossed!!:unsure:

Guest mjcgito
Hi Ash

Ali

Hello aliogilvie!:) Mine is paper-based application for SA State Sponsorship Visa, and was lodged last December 16. Is yours an online application as well? I am hoping that I will also have the same progress as yours.

Archived