176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Hello everyone!

Just to give everyone an idea, I lodged my application last December 16, 2011 for South Australia State Sponsorship 176 Visa. DIAC received it last December 20,2011. I am now looking forward to have a Case Officer. :) Do you think there's a chance we could leave before June 2012? That is if everything turns out well (i.e. Police Clearance and Medical). :)

Below is my timeline prior to lodging my application. Btw, how can I make it as a standard template for my next emails and responses in this thread? :) Hope to hear from you guys

May 07, 2011-IELTS exam 7+ scores; May 2011- Vetassess; October 10, 2011 -Positive Vetassess Result; October 22, 2011- Lodged Application for SA SS Nomination; November 30, 2011-Received SA SS Nomination granted; Dec. 16, 2011- Lodged 176 SA SS Visa Application

If you go into settings tap on the top bar you will find the signature tap down the left hand side, click on it and you can then add or amend your signature.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YEY!! Hope that our Visas will be granted before June 2012!! Thanks for the positive note. :) Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

hey mjcgito, you will definitely have your visa in plenty of time for that. Have a look at our timeline - although I think it does seem a bit ridiculously fast! Good luck!

Guest mjcgito
hey mjcgito, you will definitely have your visa in plenty of time for that. Have a look at our timeline - although I think it does seem a bit ridiculously fast! Good luck!

Hello jacb the processing of your application is really toooooooooooooooo fast!! awesome I must say, and you are very lucky! Thank you for replying!! :)

Guest mjcgito

Thank you derham!! :) I have already edited and saved my signature! Hope our Visas will be granted within Q1 of this year! :)

I got my CO appointed today and with my police checks sent away before Xmas and my meds booked for tommorrow (OH next Friday) I am hoping that we might get our visa by the end of he month:biggrin:

Great news Derham!

We're waiting on a CO (we applied on 15th Dec) but my Irish police checks arrived yesterday after just a week - just waiting on the UK and Aussie ones now!

Other Half and I have our medicals on the 10th...good luck with yours tomorrow! :)

Hello all - happy new year!

We lodged our 176 on the 24th December so we are now awaiting a CO appointment. Just a quick question though - it looks like many of you have already got the meds and police checks before even getting a co - is this normal? I thought you were supposed to wait until they were requested?

Welcome! I think in the past people have waited but visas seem to be moving so quickly at the moment that a lot of folk are getting them first to speed up the process even further. You will need to validate your visa within 12 months of the date of your medical or police check but if you plan to do that and your application is ok then I don't think there is any problem in organising them early.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! That is very good to know, unfortunately having just paid the visa fee and with the early december pay this month is not ideal for us to try and pay for the meds too - but regardless of whether we have heard anything at the end of this month I think we will proceed with getting them sorted anyway.

Guest mjcgito
I got my CO appointed today and with my police checks sent away before Xmas and my meds booked for tommorrow (OH next Friday) I am hoping that we might get our visa by the end of he month:biggrin:

Wow Derham!! That's great! This development makes me more excited. I have noticed, though, that SS application for Western Australia seems to move really quick. I hope this also applies to SS South Australia Application. I really wanna go to Adelaide before June 2012!! By the way, is everyone in this forum from UK/Europe? I guess the original location of the applicant also has an effect on the speed of the processing...What are your thoughts?

We're from Scotland but I'm not sure where everyone else is from. I think there is a list somewhere on the DIAC website listing the countries they consider "high risk" but other than those I think all other countries are probably processed equally. I did notice that someone on either the June or October 176 thread was from a hr country and his visa was processed pretty quickly anyway :biggrin:

Guest mjcgito
We're from Scotland but I'm not sure where everyone else is from. I think there is a list somewhere on the DIAC website listing the countries they consider "high risk" but other than those I think all other countries are probably processed equally. I did notice that someone on either the June or October 176 thread was from a hr country and his visa was processed pretty quickly anyway :biggrin:

Hello Jacb, they consider my country as "High Risk" that's why I am really hoping that the processing will be quick too. thanks again for your reply. I bet you are already excited to move to AU! Good job!

We're both really excited about it! We just want the next few months to go quickly, although there is lots of organising to do! I hope your visa is granted soon. They do seem to be pretty on top of everything at the moment so I'm sure it won't take too long.

Guest mjcgito
We're both really excited about it! We just want the next few months to go quickly, although there is lots of organising to do! I hope your visa is granted soon. They do seem to be pretty on top of everything at the moment so I'm sure it won't take too long.

Cheers Jacb! We truly appreciate your immediate replies and assistance. :)

That's great news Dani251, you'll have your visa in no time now:biggrin:. When are you hoping to head across?

thanks Jacb, fingers and toes crossed now! We'd love to book flights, super excited now!

The only thing i'm worried will hold things up is my Australian police cert; I sent off for it on Dec 28, but it could be a while before it comes back...i wonder if they would send an email version if I contacted them? I'm sure I heard of somebody doing that...

:)

Hopefully it won't take too long. We only needed UK certs so I don't really know how long they take from other countries. You would think they would be quite quick considering you want to move to their country!

Guest Ashash

Hi All, I am new to the forum and applicant of 176 Visa on 23rd December. Have been going through quite a few confusions and multiple messages from different agents to people until finally spend good amount of time to understand the whole process clearly :). I am hoping to get progress by mid to Jan end.

VIC SS received: 5th Dec 2011, SS sent form 1100 to DIAC: 7th Dec 2012, DIAC responded invalid as cannot upgrade 175 to 176 , called diac and came to know can launched paper based another application. 23rd December launched another 176 . received confirmation on 3rd Jan from DIAC. Waiting time starts now for me :)

Archived