176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Guest mjcgito
Great News mjcgito!! congrats so its not far away for you:)

Cheers !!

Ash

Thanks Ash! I am done with the medical exam. I just hope my current heart condition won't be an issue. I am not taking any medications, since my cardio said that I am fit and prognosis is good, but still, I am super scared. :( I hope MOC will be kind to me....

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garyheidi7

Well our day has come!!! we have been granted our visa this morning! woo hoo, cant believe it, great feeling, smiles all round.:biggrin:

Hi Guys

fantastic news on the visa Derham !!!!! so pleased for you - glad everything worked out. :yes:Now you can start planning your fab new life :smile:

Thanks for thinking about me.

This weekend I will be compiling the data they are looking for into a kind of visa friendly spread sheet in the exact form the case officer has asked for week by week based on the pay slips and bank statements and booking sheets that I have.

This will hopefully tie in properly with everything else already sent through. (pay slips / p60s etc) The hard part will be convincing the agency to sign off on it as they are quite restricted as to what they can agree to do in terms of references. If for some reason they won't sign it I shall send it as a stat dec.

If this is not enough then who knows.

This week I have uploaded two extra p60s from other jobs and Police certificates. All the documents on the online status are still showing as outstanding so it seems they will not be looking at anything unless they get this extra further info from me. TBH I don't see why they might want it in the first place but hey - I expected complications. Right now I am not feeling real confident about this visa coming through.

Enjoy your weekend folks

Millie x

Hey Millie,

How did you get on over the weekend? Any progress made?

Hope all is going along well :)

Dx

Guest garyheidi7

Hi, Dani, Derham, thanks for your congratulations, yep, it sure is a great feeling, still sinking in. Got to decide on where to live now and with children of all ages im finding it quite a task. We sold our house 3 weeks ago so are renting now and ready to go in June, unless of course i win the lottery then i may just think about going sooner ha ha ! Good luck with all your plans.

Hi, Dani, Derham, thanks for your congratulations, yep, it sure is a great feeling, still sinking in. Got to decide on where to live now and with children of all ages im finding it quite a task. We sold our house 3 weeks ago so are renting now and ready to go in June, unless of course i win the lottery then i may just think about going sooner ha ha ! Good luck with all your plans.

Your Soooo lucky having your house already sold.

Well done Dani, that's great! You don't have long at all to clear out. That's probably for the best though as if you had longer you could end up spending ages clearing everything and have boxes all over your house! :biggrin:

Thanks jacb!

Delighted as it means I can help H move out and get settled in a studio before I fly on March 8...it will be tiny but will do until September...just my OH and all our boxes!:biglaugh:

I can't wait to start taking things to the charity shop...! I'm very much a minimalist, whereas Helen is a hoarder...so I'm going to love this! Muahahaa!

Guest garyheidi7

Hi jacb, thanks very much, we are very pleased. I see you've booked your flights, how exciting. We're looking at booking ours so we have a definite date to look forward to, just trying to find the right price! ha ha. where are you heading to?

Hi jacb, thanks very much, we are very pleased. I see you've booked your flights, how exciting. We're looking at booking ours so we have a definite date to look forward to, just trying to find the right price! ha ha. where are you heading to?

The flight prices seem to vary a lot! We're headed to Perth, we've booked short term accommodation in Shenton Park for 4 weeks when we arrive but after that - who knows :biggrin: It's going to be an adventure! Where are you hoping to live?

You fly out really soon Dani! You'll have a fantastic time setting up home before your oh arrives later in the year. How exciting! Have you looked at any accommodation yet?

I can't wait! Will be strange being by myself, but looking on it as something of an adventure! I'm going to stay at a backpacker's place for a week or so, while I go and view a few areas in preparation for the OH's arrival! I have to find somewhere great..no pressure! :twitcy:

How are your plans coming along?

Have a look at Budgetair.com...they were the cheapest when I booked a couple of weeks ago x

Guest garyheidi7
Your Soooo lucky having your house already sold.

Hi derham, yeah we risked putting it on market back in October, luckily 2nd viewers loved it and we exchanged in december and completed on 4th january, so December was very hectic with selling house and visa process, but all worth it now. Good luck with selling your home, it will all come together im sure.

Dani, congrats on your news of renting your property out, good luck with the cellar clearing, it took us a whole weekend of skip trips and charity shop trips to clear our loft,(not to mention a bottle of wine or two in the evenings) i hate clutter too, so our house we're renting now is very minimalist ha ha!

Is it Perth or Geraldton you are moving to? We really liked the backpacker's we stayed at in Perth several years ago - The Witches Hat. I googled it and it still seems to be there. Are you looking for a house or an apartment? I'm sure you'll have lots of fun organising everything and find somewhere perfect to stay.

I have 7 different shipping companies coming out to quote me tomorrow! It will be interesting to see what kind of prices we are given. I think Stu is laughing away to himself out in Saudi knowing that he doesn't need to do any of this organising!! My car is packed full today with old clothes for taking to the charity shop at lunchtime. It feels great!

After shipping is organised I don't think there is that much more to do until we start to pack for actually leaving. I get the feeling I must be forgetting something though!

Jacb, I spoke to the employer in Geraldton yesterday, he's delighted that I'm coming over and we're going to meet to discuss a potential move to Gero. As nothing is definite yet, I'm going to assume I'll be in Perth for a while. It could all change after that meeting though..so I'm keeping an open mind as much as possible..!

I'll check out that hostel, thanks! When we researched Gero, we were eyeing up lovely houses that would be affordable for us...but then as soon as we started looking a rentals in Perth we realised that there's quite the price difference! I don't mind whether it's a house or apartment, but hoping to get settled in a nice part of town close to transport links..

Ah you sound like you have your hands full! My OH will be the same once I fly, with the shippers etc., so gonna try do as much as poss while i'm still here! :)

Guest garyheidi7

Thanks Dani, i'll have a look at that website see what they come up with for us.

jacb, we are thinking of heading somewhere south of Perth Baldivis, port kennedy, i really cant decide, but need to soon, we too are going to book somewhere for 4 weeks while we then look for something long term, we'll probably like somewhere totally different once we get there! lol the research continues.... i have had 3 shipping companies so far another one tomo but they all seem to be about the same price, bit too much than i was hoping for they said i live at the end of the earth here in pembrokeshire wales so it puts up the cost a bit in distance having to be travelled, and packers having to stay in accom here over two days.. so undecided who to use yet.

Hey Millie,

How did you get on over the weekend? Any progress made?

Hope all is going along well :)

Dx

Hi Dani

Thanks for asking. Sorry it has taken a while to answer. Things have also been mental in work at the moment. I have GCSE coursework coming out of my ears. it's always the way - everything happens at once. :wideeyed:

I have only just finished compiling all the data today. 33 different contracts. grrr. :mad: I really hope it is enough. I will be gutted if it's not or if they don't accept it. :sad: Some of my docs are still showing as requested so it looks like my case has stagnated until they see the data.

i just need the agency to sign off on it which they will hopefully do tomorrow or Thursday. I think they will as I have followed their data to the letter and cross referenced it with all the invoices.

Wish me luck. :eek: Hopefully there will be movement in the next couple of weeks :skeptical:

Millie x

Hi Millie

That's good you have managed to get everything together. No wonder it took so long, they asked for so much! School coursework sounds like a nightmare on top of all your visa paperwork!!! I'll keep everything crossed that they accept it and grant your visa soon :smile:

Jacx

Hi Dani

Thanks for asking. Sorry it has taken a while to answer. Things have also been mental in work at the moment. I have GCSE coursework coming out of my ears. it's always the way - everything happens at once. :wideeyed:

I have only just finished compiling all the data today. 33 different contracts. grrr. :mad: I really hope it is enough. I will be gutted if it's not or if they don't accept it. :sad: Some of my docs are still showing as requested so it looks like my case has stagnated until they see the data.

i just need the agency to sign off on it which they will hopefully do tomorrow or Thursday. I think they will as I have followed their data to the letter and cross referenced it with all the invoices.

Wish me luck. :eek: Hopefully there will be movement in the next couple of weeks :skeptical:

Millie x

Some of my docs showed as ''Requested'' and even now after getting our visa it is still saying the same so wouldn't put too much creadance on that. Best of luck.

Hi Dani

Millie x

Jeez, you've certainly been through it hun! What a task...at least you've done it now so that must feel good!

Fingers crossed for you that all your efforts pay off; since you've been so thorough, you should sail through from here!

Hope to hear things have changed gear for you soon....and good effort!

:) x

Archived