176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Hi Ack , my gut feel and experience says you will get it tomorrow or by friday surely :)

Regards

Ash

Hi Ash....Actually we got it last night at 11pm just before we went to bed! :)

Cant believe it!

Best of luck everyone xx

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mjcgito

Hello All,

Just a quesiton here: Visa has been granted in February 23, 2013 as stated in my visa stamp. HOwever, the Visa Stamp also states that "Intial Entry by January 10 2013." But in the Visa Grant Notice it states that our First Entry Date is before January 10, 2013. Does this mean the same thing? Or Do we need to go there on January 10, 2013 ONLY and not earlier? Reason for asking is we plan to book our flights for June 2012 travel. Not sure about the technicalities of the term used which is "by".

Hope to hear from you guys.

Regards,

mjcg

Hello All,

Just a quesiton here: Visa has been granted in February 23, 2013 as stated in my visa stamp. HOwever, the Visa Stamp also states that "Intial Entry by January 10 2013." But in the Visa Grant Notice it states that our First Entry Date is before January 10, 2013. Does this mean the same thing? Or Do we need to go there on January 10, 2013 ONLY and not earlier? Reason for asking is we plan to book our flights for June 2012 travel. Not sure about the technicalities of the term used which is "by".

Hope to hear from you guys.

Regards,

mjcg

Hiya, you can arrive in Australia on or before your first entry date - which in your case, as you say, is Jan 10, 2013.

Best of luck :)

Guest Nickyjrowland

Hi everyone,

We lodged our 176 visa last Saturday :) I did the online application and indicated that I had 8 out of the last 10 years experience, I filled out the section on work and what dates etc with roles and responsibilities.

However the list of requested documents didn't include evidence of this work experience do I need to upload all this info anyway or will proof of being registered nurse for the last 12 years be enough?

Thanks Nicky

Guest mjcgito
Hiya, you can arrive in Australia on or before your first entry date - which in your case, as you say, is Jan 10, 2013.

Best of luck :)

Thank you Dani251!! :) Cheers!

Hi everyone,

We lodged our 176 visa last Saturday :) I did the online application and indicated that I had 8 out of the last 10 years experience, I filled out the section on work and what dates etc with roles and responsibilities.

However the list of requested documents didn't include evidence of this work experience do I need to upload all this info anyway or will proof of being registered nurse for the last 12 years be enough?

Thanks Nicky

Hi Nicky,

We totally forgot to upload work exp docs because it wasnt on their checklist. But yep you sure do!!!

there is a drop box....where you will see the option of work experience...you keep ticking it and in details say what it is ie payslips, tax documents, employer refs etc.

DIAC will def look for it and it would be nice for the co to review it with the other stuff and press the 'met' button.

When we got notification of a CO they said we needed PCCs, meds and work experience docs and while we uploaded work exp stuff next day it never changed to received or met until the visa was actually granted...this stressed me no end!

Best of luck xA

None of mine say met yet ack it's stressing me out i emailed my agent last night and asked her to email case officer :-(

Well sure you seen how long ours remained un met- I looked online yday and only now they say met for work exper, meds.

Apparently is common for them to have done the work but just not say met. Drives me mad- its a bit like tax drivers who have a fare but dont turn their light off errrrgh!

Id say email is best thing...it got us our visa like 3 hours later!!! :)

Youve everything now :) just case of fingers crossed xxx spuddy

Hi aiogilive, if you have been asked for form 80 it means they would like to perform checks on all places you and your family has been staying and getting info about them as well for criminal record check, hence the delay. Most of people who have been asked for form 80 stuck and has to wait longer but should not be an issue. Nothing to worry :)

Regards

Ash

Wow, that's an interesting bit of news - thanks for that, guess I will just have to be more patient! Thanks Ash

Hello all

Congrats to those who have got visas granted in the last few weeks. I am beginning to wonder whether all is well with our application but am loathe to harass the CO further as she has already confirmed she has all she needs...we have not heard a dicky bird since form 80 was uploaded on 02/02/12 - meds and police checks went to finalised the same week and I know my manager was contacted some 3 weeks ago to check employer refs but other than that nothing.

Every morning I excitedly check emails and.....nothing....

I know I need to be patient, I just had high hopes we were nearly there once everything was in. Getting a bit rattled.

We'd heard nothing either for a while even though everything was submitted...perhaps as suggested to us..send them an email and ask is there anyting else they require...we did and got a grant email 3 hours later! best of luck

Hi aiogilive, if you have been asked for form 80 it means they would like to perform checks on all places you and your family has been staying and getting info about them as well for criminal record check, hence the delay. Most of people who have been asked for form 80 stuck and has to wait longer but should not be an issue. Nothing to worry :)

Regards

Ash

We know a migration expert and she said they ask almost everyone...

in fairness if you are going to allow people into your country why not have a summary (which is what the from 80 really is) to hand!

Its nothing to worry about, its just bit of a pain recalling all your previous holidays etc

Guest Ashash
Hi everyone,

Thanks Nicky

Hi Nicky,

While application lodgement evidence is not required, but I would suggest its a good idea to upload as much as possible supporting document like evidences of experience, your finance tax returns statements, salary slips for past 1 year etc. since you have lodged online you can upload all documents scanned copy. Make sure you have colored scanned copies. Uploading all these documents makes your case more stronger and CO when assigned since everything is in place may not ask for more information and chances of getting visa quickly with reduced time frames is high :)

Hope this clarifies and answers your query

Regards

Ash

Guest Ashash
We know a migration expert and she said they ask almost everyone...

in fairness if you are going to allow people into your country why not have a summary (which is what the from 80 really is) to hand!

Its nothing to worry about, its just bit of a pain recalling all your previous holidays etc

Hey ack.... I am in Melbourne only, lets plan to meet up and also let me know in case you need any help.

Regards

Ash

I just wanted to post that when my wife and I woke up this morning our Visa grant paperwork was waiting in my e-mail account. It's been a bit of a nervous wait because my daughter had to under go additional medical tests for her speech. When that was cleared nothing was moving a long for a couple of weeks until we e-mailed our case officer, he informed us that there was a technical glitch which would be resolved in a couple of days.

Now we have all the stress of organising the moving to Perth later this year.

Seems like it must be the week for it - we woke up this morning to the magic 'Visa Granted' email, we are over the moon! So great to be able to start concrete planning, the last month was a tedious and patience testing period but so very worth it for the utter joy we felt this morning!

Thank you to all the stars on here who have been fab in lending support, solidarity and advice along the way, all of it has been so very welcome!

Wow

So pleased for both of you and to see that some 'old timers' from December are getting grants. Fantastic news. Now you can start to properly plan your new life in Oz. :yes:

I am not very hopeful about mine but still hanging on praying it will work out somehow

Wishing you all the best

Millie x

Wow

So pleased for both of you and to see that some 'old timers' from December are getting grants. Fantastic news. Now you can start to properly plan your new life in Oz. :yes:

I am not very hopeful about mine but still hanging on praying it will work out somehow

Wishing you all the best

Millie x

Ah poor Millie, if anyone deserves it... its you.

Have they still not gotten back to you about it.

Terrible situation to be in. My heart goes out to you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah poor Millie, if anyone deserves it... its you.

Have they still not gotten back to you about it.

Terrible situation to be in. My heart goes out to you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Ack

Just emailed the case officer with the last shred of further info that I have been able to come up with. So I suppose that is it now. They will either accept it or not. here's hoping :twitcy:

Thanks for the good wishes

Millie x

Enough is enough

I have had my answer requesting yet more further info regarding the employment from 4 years ago. I have been given a 7 day deadline for the latest request when a decision will be made based on the evidence available.

I have had enough so I will be sending a fourth letter from my old boss saying there is no more information available and the case officer can phone the school if she wants.

Time to put us out of out misery methinks and reject our visa once and for all:frown:

Millie x

Enough is enough

I have had my answer requesting yet more further info regarding the employment from 4 years ago. I have been given a 7 day deadline for the latest request when a decision will be made based on the evidence available.

I have had enough so I will be sending a fourth letter from my old boss saying there is no more information available and the case officer can phone the school if she wants.

Time to put us out of out misery methinks and reject our visa once and for all:frown:

Millie x

Oh my god Millie.

Flip ((((((hugs)))))))) major hug!

That is sh*T! big time.

It dosent look good if they are looking to flog the horse and are requesting a fourth letter...but on the plus side at least they are trying to grant. Sounds like you have a good principal there- cos principals I know would never do it! Its a terrible situation to be in and I totally understand it cos I was there and couldnt have applied if it were based on me, thankfully hubbie had all the criteria.

It doesnt appear they are will to take the work experience to April- this year does it?

To be honest Id say they are confined with the rules imposed on them (which is a goodthing and a bad thing)

Is there no other entry way in for you Millie? could you re apply (i know you dont want to but could you in APril and be ready to submit straight away???)

I feel bad asking cos I know you must be so f*cked off to say the least and sick of it all and seeing what seems like everyone else is getting their visa!

Oh my god Millie.

Flip ((((((hugs)))))))) major hug!

That is sh*T! big time.

It dosent look good if they are looking to flog the horse and are requesting a fourth letter...but on the plus side at least they are trying to grant. Sounds like you have a good principal there- cos principals I know would never do it! Its a terrible situation to be in and I totally understand it cos I was there and couldnt have applied if it were based on me, thankfully hubbie had all the criteria.

It doesnt appear they are will to take the work experience to April- this year does it?

To be honest Id say they are confined with the rules imposed on them (which is a goodthing and a bad thing)

Is there no other entry way in for you Millie? could you re apply (i know you dont want to but could you in APril and be ready to submit straight away???)

I feel bad asking cos I know you must be so f*cked off to say the least and sick of it all and seeing what seems like everyone else is getting their visa!

Hey Ack

Thanks for your post x

I don't believe they are trying to grant to be honest.

I provided them with a statutory declaration and loads of certified evidence from my ex husband and a custody award they still decided to not accept that

they went ahead and interviewed him as to whether I had permission to take my son to Australia - awkward - much

if it wasn't this I think it would be something else.

They have given a long list of requirements and want yet another week by week breakdown of classes, contracts, cross referenced against pay wards and manual records. They are not counting the academic years from September, only from January, and they don't seem to get the point that it was a college with 13,000 students, 3,000 staff and a manual pay award system up until 2010, meaning that all I have are p60s, contracts from the various heads of school and the manual records off my overall head of school for my bookings.

The information is simply not available and if they are not accepting it I am 16 weeks short for points. Re-applying is not on the cards right now - I have no idea if they would focus on some other issue next time, and with Queensland being closed for teachers I don't know whether I am happy to be stuck in regional Oz as a single mum a 3 hour flight away from the family support system. I don't know whether that would be a completely sensible move.

It does completely suck but there isn't anything else.

Millie

Archived