176 lodged December 2011

jacb

Hey Ack

Thanks for your post x

I don't believe they are trying to grant to be honest.

I provided them with a statutory declaration and loads of certified evidence from my ex husband and a custody award they still decided to not accept that

they went ahead and interviewed him as to whether I had permission to take my son to Australia - awkward - much

if it wasn't this I think it would be something else.

They have given a long list of requirements and want yet another week by week breakdown of classes, contracts, cross referenced against pay wards and manual records. They are not counting the academic years from September, only from January, and they don't seem to get the point that it was a college with 13,000 students, 3,000 staff and a manual pay award system up until 2010, meaning that all I have are p60s, contracts from the various heads of school and the manual records off my overall head of school for my bookings.

The information is simply not available and if they are not accepting it I am 16 weeks short for points. Re-applying is not on the cards right now - I have no idea if they would focus on some other issue next time, and with Queensland being closed for teachers I don't know whether I am happy to be stuck in regional Oz as a single mum a 3 hour flight away from the family support system. I don't know whether that would be a completely sensible move.

It does completely suck but there isn't anything else.

Millie

I know there is a cost involved in this but would it not be advisable to speak to an Immigration Agent, one with in depth Knowledge of how DIAC work. They might be able to reason with your CO and the CO might be wary of asking for too much info if there is an official agent acting on your behalf. Just a thought but aftwer spending so much time, effort and money I would be trying everything to get out there. Good Luck.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there is a cost involved in this but would it not be advisable to speak to an Immigration Agent, one with in depth Knowledge of how DIAC work. They might be able to reason with your CO and the CO might be wary of asking for too much info if there is an official agent acting on your behalf. Just a thought but aftwer spending so much time, effort and money I would be trying everything to get out there. Good Luck.

This is actually a good idea!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just a quick update

Only to say there is no change. My case officer has referred my application upwards to the manager a couple of weeks ago and they said they would contact me with a decision. So I am still hanging in visa limbo right now.

Will keep you posted

Millie x

Hi Guys

Just a quick update

Only to say there is no change. My case officer has referred my application upwards to the manager a couple of weeks ago and they said they would contact me with a decision. So I am still hanging in visa limbo right now.

Will keep you posted

Millie x

u r goin to get it soon ... have faith ...

Guest mjcgito

Hello everyone,

I hope you guys are well. My husband and I will be arriving in Adelaide on June 16, 2012. I was just wondering how much is the cash limit that we should bring in accordance with the immigration's requirement? Should it be maximum 10K AUD each or the 10K AUD limit is already good for both of us? I am the primary applicant whereas my husband is my dependent.

Hoping for your reply.

Thanks,

mjcg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest slch79

Hello all, how's everyone? I have my PCC uploaded n medical checkup result with finalized status since 21.3.12... I kept checking my email n online status everyday but it's just total silence... Is this normal?

Hello all, how's everyone? I have my PCC uploaded n medical checkup result with finalized status since 21.3.12... I kept checking my email n online status everyday but it's just total silence... Is this normal?

It looks like you might have been forgotten about. I would send the case officer a brief email to ask if they have all the information they require or something along those lines. I think they have a big back log at the DIAC but yours might be simple enough to go to grant.

Millie x

Guest slch79
It looks like you might have been forgotten about. I would send the case officer a brief email to ask if they have all the information they require or something along those lines. I think they have a big back log at the DIAC but yours might be simple enough to go to grant.

Millie x

Hi Millie,

thanks for ur advice... I wrote to my CO yesterday asking whether I should provide some more info. Hope will get a positive reply soon. It's really annoying to hear no news, only can check everyday my email n the online status tracking.

How's ur case now?

-slch79-

Hi Millie,

thanks for ur advice... I wrote to my CO yesterday asking whether I should provide some more info. Hope will get a positive reply soon. It's really annoying to hear no news, only can check everyday my email n the online status tracking.

How's ur case now?

-slch79-

Hey there

Yeh I reckon you will get an answer very soon. No change on my case. I am planning on emailing them at the end of the month.

Let me know how you get on

Millie x

Guest slch79

Hi all,

I'm extremely happy this morning and I want to share my joy with u... I woke up this morning, 1st time in many months that I didn't check my email immediately as I assumed the whole world is celebrating Labour's day... But to my surprise I received an email from team 6, informing me that my visa is granted.

I am so happy, but at the same time a little bit confused, as I got only unofficial email (due to lettering system down they are not able to send me the grant letter). I was only informed that my visa is granted, and my initial entry date is 21/1/2013.

Any idea what are the next steps I have to take? I understand from some friends I have to go to Australian Embassy to get a stamp/sticker or something before my entry to Australia. And when I don't get the official grant letter, what document should I show when I enter Australia, and where I have to go to validate my entry? Just a stamp at the immigration check-point at airport?

Thank u all so much for ur help, advice, n keeping me company while I anxiously waiting for any response through the entire application process!

-slch79-

Guest slch79

Hi all,

Need senior members' advice again... I read this page http://www.germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/entry_engl.html and saw this statement:

"All migrants are required to make their initial entry to Australia within the validity of their medicals and police clearances and there are NO exceptions to this whatsoever." and I'm more worried now. My PCC was issued in Sep'11 and will expire in Sep'12. Does it mean I have to make my initial entry to Australia before Sep'12?

I checked now the flights from Germany to Australia, all > 1000€... My initial plan was to go back to Malaysia early next year during my home trip (cost is covered by company) and fly from Malaysia to Australia, which is cheaper...

If above quoted statement from the website is true, then I have to plan a holiday to Australia in August already.

Kindly share your experience & recommendation... Thanks a lot!

-slch79-

Hi slch79

Congratulations on your visa! Yes unfortunately I'm pretty sure you need to enter before September this year but maybe they would let you away with getting another PCC, you could always contact them to ask?

jacx

Hi all,

Need senior members' advice again... I read this page http://www.germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/entry_engl.html and saw this statement:

"All migrants are required to make their initial entry to Australia within the validity of their medicals and police clearances and there are NO exceptions to this whatsoever." and I'm more worried now. My PCC was issued in Sep'11 and will expire in Sep'12. Does it mean I have to make my initial entry to Australia before Sep'12?

I checked now the flights from Germany to Australia, all > 1000€... My initial plan was to go back to Malaysia early next year during my home trip (cost is covered by company) and fly from Malaysia to Australia, which is cheaper...

If above quoted statement from the website is true, then I have to plan a holiday to Australia in August already.

-slch79-

Hi all,

-slch79-

Many Congratz ...

There is no exception to this. You have to be there before the expiry date of your Meds or PCC which ever comes first ... otherwise you have to do Meds and PCC again and go through more wait as the new docs will be processed and a new entry date is given to you ....

Cheers !!

Hi all,

I'm extremely happy this morning and I want to share my joy with u... I woke up this morning, 1st time in many months that I didn't check my email immediately as I assumed the whole world is celebrating Labour's day... But to my surprise I received an email from team 6, informing me that my visa is granted.

I am so happy, but at the same time a little bit confused, as I got only unofficial email (due to lettering system down they are not able to send me the grant letter). I was only informed that my visa is granted, and my initial entry date is 21/1/2013.

Any idea what are the next steps I have to take? I understand from some friends I have to go to Australian Embassy to get a stamp/sticker or something before my entry to Australia. And when I don't get the official grant letter, what document should I show when I enter Australia, and where I have to go to validate my entry? Just a stamp at the immigration check-point at airport?

Thank u all so much for ur help, advice, n keeping me company while I anxiously waiting for any response through the entire application process!

-slch79-

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

This might answer you query ...

Cheers ...

Guest slch79

Hi all,

thanks a lot!! In this case I think I better go in Aug. Already sick of waiting for so long... Dun wanna risk this n wait some more... :)

-slch79-

Hi everyone, i really need help!!! I applied 176 visa family sponsor on 05/ 2008 but still waiting till now. Currently i am in priority 5 under occupation database manager. I live in sydney at the moment (hold temporary visa).is there any chance to get granted or useless to wait? I really sick of it :( . Thanks for help

• 3 weeks later...
Guest slch79

Hello dear all,

I wrote to my case officer asking if I have to make my initial entry before my PCC expires in sep'12, he didn't answer my question, but replied again that my initial entry date is 21/1/13. Based on the experience of those of u who have made ur initial entry, what did the immigration/custom check? Need to provide any document? Did they verify the PCC and med report validity date?

Air ticket from Germany to Australia is too expensive now. Furthermore I have limited leave. Thinking to go in to Australia Only in jan'13. Too risky?

By the way I have not received my grant letter too and case officer told me it's not necessary. He said visa grant number is sufficient.

Hope senior members can give me some comments. Thanks!

-slch79-

Hi and congratulations,

To answer your question: you don't need any documents to prove anything - it is all electronically linked to your passport.

You have until the entry date given to you. Just make sure you arrive before that date.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some news folks

:jiggy:

I had an email from my case officer and they have requested medicals and updated police checks.

:jiggy:

Hopefully on the home stretch for this visa now. I still have the matter of my son's autism to deal with at medical but I am feeling quite positive about it. I have all the reports collated so hopefully they will not be referred for too long.

Millie x

Archived