what has the uk got that australia lacks

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way
I really don't think personal attacks are needed here. The thread was started about what did the UK have that Oz doesn't. In my opinion the UK has loads that Australia does and vice versa, however what I don't like is people having a go at others who are contributing to the thread. It is small minded and adds nothing to any arguments presented.

A lot is personal taste and is hard to quantify except for saying it is what you love about the country.

I think my point is this - if someone new to this site stated to read through this thread they would get to the bit where personal attacks started and give up reading and may never take part themselves, which I think is a bit sad as from what I have learned from this site is the vast majority of members are more than willing to lend their experience to others.

I think a group hug is needed

well said belaroy--pio is a wealth of information--but occasionally you have to sift through some members personnel agendas to to find out what you looking for in a thread--i do hope this does not put people on the back foot as far as finding all they can about australia in its many aspects-- i must admit sometimes there are some members here not for the right reasons--but thats life,and i hope all the good work by the many is not undone by the few--heres a:hug:from me

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warm beer and dogs inside pubs :)

Still prefer Australia, but i'll miss being able to take muttlet in the pub with us - although i suppose it means we'll spend less money down the boozer!

That warm beer though is the best tasting ale in the world...bar none :cute: yep dogs in some of the older pubs is just nice, you can still take them into the bar of many pubs over here matey.

That's Brilliant news that she'll probably still be able to come with us if we choose our pub carefully :)

Said dog is currently nudging me whilst i'm typing - must be pub time already!

I go to the coach and horses in Weatheroak hill near me and they actually brew some of the beer on offer in the back brewery :cute: they have a massive array of real ales and a really old bar with a fireplace, fantastic to go in there and see the old fellas with their dogs playing dominoes.

This is the pub.

d92519798271bb1e4f344b1bb0c58308.jpg

WEATHEROAK%20WEATHEROAK.jpg

Last one for the night...

Tower of London - when I first moved to the UK my good lady and I visited and I was dumbstruck. The crown jewels were outstanding - I kept going round and round on the conveyor looking at the crowns and rings. oooh and the armory - hundreds of muskets and proper shining armour, it just hit home everything I had learnt from school about the Royal family, that was one of the things that helped England steal my heart. And I think it was nearby- a 2000 year old roman wall - just to touch it was amazing....

Last one for the night...

Tower of London - when I first moved to the UK my good lady and I visited and I was dumbstruck. The crown jewels were outstanding - I kept going round and round on the conveyor looking at the crowns and rings. oooh and the armory - hundreds of muskets and proper shining armour, it just hit home everything I had learnt from school about the Royal family, that was one of the things that helped England steal my heart. And I think it was nearby- a 2000 year old roman wall - just to touch it was amazing....

Dont hate the royal family,they never asked to be born royals,but must admit im no fan of them,or more to the point,the system that put them there,for me their the very essence of the doff yer cap thinking in the uk,or the class system,if lizzy knocked on our door asking to lend an onion till tomoz i'd say no,not interested in all the pomp and ceremony meself,i wont lie,im in the minority on this(on PIO anyway),but just being honest.

Re cider tho!worked in Bristol since i was 16 on and off,the difference in the quality of beer in all the free houses they have is amazing,pint of ROUGH in King st Bristol is top!,really dry throat in the nite tho!!!!

You are hilarious, you start threads telling people how they should not moan about Australia and it is what it is and then you post the above having a right go at Britain :err:.

Some of those things apply equally to Australia - credit where credit is due - to the ALP.

Two more years of Gillard/Brown and they'll have surpassed what Blair/Brown did for Britain in half the time!

Some of those things apply equally to Australia - credit where credit is due - to the ALP.

Two more years of Gillard/Brown and they'll have surpassed what Blair/Brown did for Britain in half the time!

Maybe that should be 'Brown/Gillard' come to think of it - he IS the senior member?

WTF! is/are everyones posts/quotes mixed up or is it this smoke?!:goofy:,is it just me?:wideeyed::laugh:

Its me isnt it?! hope so!:goofy::wink:

Nah mate, it wasn't just you, despite being mashed...

I've just tidied a load of dodgy quotes whilst serving my kids their breakfast.

Who said blokes can't multitask?

Gaslight

do you know how to use the 'quote' function been there? if/when you do use it, it becomes immediately clear which post you are referring to.

for example, in your post above, people may read 'Gaslight' and think 'what??????'

I know who/what you are referring to cos I asked the question of who you were previously posting 'at' but again, that wasn't clear cos you didn't use quotes.

See how confusing it can be without quotes?

maybe give it a go?:idea:

Dont hate the royal family,they never asked to be born royals,but must admit im no fan of them,or more to the point,the system that put them there,for me their the very essence of the doff yer cap thinking in the uk,or the class system,if lizzy knocked on our door asking to lend an onion till tomoz i'd say no,not interested in all the pomp and ceremony meself,i wont lie,im in the minority on this(on PIO anyway),but just being honest.

Do you get a lot of people knocking on your door and offering to lend you an onion round your way? I just can't grasp why anyone would knock on someones door thinking that person might want to borrow an onion (for a day). Is lending an onion some sort of slang code term that has passed me by? Don't tell me you've been imagining the Queen knocking on your door asking to do something perverted!!!

Guest guest57588
Nigel had lots of things going on in his personal life:sad:

Sorry to hear that. He always came across as a top bloke.

Archived