what has the uk got that australia lacks

Guest sh7t man no way

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the curry houses in the UK are Pakistani owned and as such are influenced by Pakistan cuisine and northern Indian to a degree. As you say this is much different to the cuisine you would get in most parts of India.

Luckily however we do have more and more genuine Indian restaurants opening now as well as other regional variations from western Asia.

On my India visit the cuisine was certainly very different to the Pakistani owned curry houses I've been to here in the uk.

In terms of Australia, I've has some good curries, one in Darwin springs to mind but most have been average at best. Also a lot of us poms crave for burning hot curries which you don't see to get.

I think they're Bangladeshi actually

So the previous poster said SOME and you said ALL. Did you personally deliver to all Indian restaurants in the UK, of course not. Your defence of all things british is really getting rather tiresome. Now that you have moved back to the UK what advice can you offer regarding poms in oz???

Wrong, I will quote his post.

but most are made in industrial units, individually packaged, and sold to restaurants who just de-frost and re-heat.

Hope that helps.

p.s I am not defending I am just putting the facts straight, and your defense of Oz all the time and slagging of the UK does wear thin after a time also.

*mod mode*

Northernbird and Perthbum, I suggest this isn't really the place for you to air your gripes regarding the others posts content or lack thereof. Take it to PM please if you really feel you have more to say on the matter.

Thanks

snifter

Your facts are subjective. Please direct me to my slagging of the UK.

OK not slagging but if anyone ever says anything bad about Oz you always come back with figures from the UK, if anyone mentions obesity in Oz with children you say they look fatter in the UK, If anyone says that kids have poor teeth in Oz you say at your school all the kids with bad teeth are from the UK, this is just in the last week and you always do it.

*mod mode*

Northernbird and Perthbum, I suggest this isn't really the place for you to air your gripes regarding the others posts content or lack thereof. Take it to PM please if you really feel you have more to say on the matter.

Thanks

snifter

Fair enough but she started it miss :cute: I will not reply anymore.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Your facts are subjective. Please direct me to my slagging of the UK.

I've never seen you slagging hoff the uk.:no:

I think you deserve an apology.:yes:

So basically I can't dispute what he is passing off as fact?

I was referring to other comments made between the two of you. Discuss the topic by all means, but the whole what do you bring to the table and feeling a person is slagging off one place over the other stuff I can live without.

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

You have both been asked to continue this off the forum, anymore personal attacks and we will start infracting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kate

Guest guest57588
I've never seen you slagging hoff the uk.:no:

I think you deserve an apology.:yes:

Hey, head off back back to CTF Troll-Boy!. Nothing to see here.

Ok,so we've established indian food in the uk is adapted to british tastes:shocked:

Chinese food is also adapted to british tastes in the uk:shocked:,we asked for a banquet of what THEY would eat once when out for a meal,they obliged,nothing like ive ever tasted before tbh,nowhere near as rich or fattening,all noodles,and plain rice etc,no batter on any of the meat either,but anyway:rolleyes:.....im just glad im not fussed on curry,do yer get a pair of boxing gloves as a side order with curry?:biggrin:

Ok the thread,the uk(my city anyway) has this,the craic day and night:notworthy:,im sure i can find it in oz,but maybe a bit harder:smile:

[YOUTUBE]_ynME6ie96E[/YOUTUBE]

After having the pleasure:wideeyed:of listening to this lad sing lets hope it IS harder to find!wtf!:biglaugh:

[YOUTUBE]CYBiG3JlC4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Im not a curry fan either especially not spicy ones

Ah well then - Barramundi, chips & salad perhaps? Could be my Aussie version of my fave Pommie pub meal - scampi, chips and peas!

I very daringly, for me, sampled mussels at The Oaks in Neutral Bay but still have not plucked up courage to eat oysters.

Ah well then - Barramundi, chips & salad perhaps? Could be my Aussie version of my fave Pommie pub meal - scampi, chips and peas!

I very daringly, for me, sampled mussels at The Oaks in Neutral Bay but still have not plucked up courage to eat oysters.

I wont eat anything that even slightly resembles a slug,if i get special fried rice she ferrets out all the seafood before ive even started eating it,and im glad,its a kind of mutual benefit,like those little fish that eat all the dead flesh off larger fish:cute:

Tonite it will be chicken fried rice and onion gravy for me,yes onion gravy:daydreaming:,that way she wont make a big hole in me meal,thats snookered her!:biggrin:

Archived