New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Just been looking at the google doc - november is looking close to finishing now.

Am i mistaken or did thegig5 get a case officer this week? It's been a crazy week so hard to keep up.

I think we should start seeing early december applicants next week.

I wonder if those that grants this week are busy spreading the good news and more importantly booking flights. How exciting!

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Pink. Good Luck!

Name: thegigg5

Destination: Gold Coast

Date of Visa application: 21/11/11

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Developer/Programmer

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 26/04/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Hi Everyone.

We have good news. 26/04/2012 - Now have Case Officer.

We are booked in for our meds tomorrow.

Just been looking at the google doc - november is looking close to finishing now.

Am i mistaken or did thegig5 get a case officer this week? It's been a crazy week so hard to keep up.

I think we should start seeing early december applicants next week.

I wonder if those that grants this week are busy spreading the good news and more importantly booking flights. How exciting!

Edited by SHandGH

Hi everyone

Looks like it has been going very well for many of you recently!!! :biggrin:

Our medicals are booked for 12th May.

I have posted our Form 80 to the immigration agent.

Our police checks have been submitted and we are awaiting a response.

And I am literally in a right old state of panic......and cant even put my finger on why :err:

Can anyone who has recently been through the medicals give me a heads up on what happens/how long it might take for a family of 5 cos the clinic said about 3 hours.........:dull: with 3 children thats going to be an interesting morning.

I still cant bring myself to tell my Nan and yet I dont want to wait any longer......

And the rain here is making me wish we'd gone already :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please excuse the ramble but my head is spinning ......next hurdle the medicals.....so any ideas??

Thanks if you manage to get this far.....:rolleyes:

Sian

Edited by perfectmax

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: you are now Purple. Good Luck!

Name: OrchidD

Destination:

Date of Visa application: 12/01/2011

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession:Electronic Instruments Trades Worker

Visa Type: 176 Family sponsored

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:14/09/2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 27/04/2012

Hi,

Just to let you know that we have finally been granted our visa so please turn me purple!! :biggrin: We applied back in Jan 2011 and it was granted April 27 2012.

Cheers and best of luck to everyone waiting!

Orchid

Hi,

Just to let you know that we have finally been granted our visa so please turn me purple!! :biggrin: We applied back in Jan 2011 and it was granted April 27 2012.

Cheers and best of luck to everyone waiting!

Orchid

Welcome back, great news.

Guest waitingtogotooz

Hi all

Not sure if any of the old lot are still using this thread but if so... HI

We moved into my parents after completing on our house on the 3rd Jan & are now saving as much as possible. Flights booked for 20th sept and are now getting married 5 days b4 we go & having our leaving party that night. Eeeeek

Good luck to you all waiting, it's very stressful but has to be worth it eh :-)

Hi everyone

Looks like it has been going very well for many of you recently!!! :biggrin:

Our medicals are booked for 12th May.

I have posted our Form 80 to the immigration agent.

Our police checks have been submitted and we are awaiting a response.

And I am literally in a right old state of panic......and cant even put my finger on why :err:

Can anyone who has recently been through the medicals give me a heads up on what happens/how long it might take for a family of 5 cos the clinic said about 3 hours.........:dull: with 3 children thats going to be an interesting morning.

I still cant bring myself to tell my Nan and yet I dont want to wait any longer......

And the rain here is making me wish we'd gone already :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please excuse the ramble but my head is spinning ......next hurdle the medicals.....so any ideas??

Thanks if you manage to get this far.....:rolleyes:

Sian

[/Our medicals did take about 3 hrs thorough examination for myself (wear best undies). Chest x rays for 3 of us, wee sample, BP, eye test then a general chat with each of us about medical history. Quick examination of kids listen to heart, checked lymph nodes. Just tell the kids not to speak my youngest tried to convince the Dr that she has asthma! (never has).

:chatterbox:Good Luck sure it will go smoothly]

Thanks a lot, Sol2Oz !:jiggy:

Fingers crossed for you too !:wink:

Our documents are not "met"

Only ABPF, nothing else has changed.

I know that I'm being silly, but I hope the (positive) email comes at 1:11am! That would be such a sign for me. I applied on 11/11/2011 and the time was exactly 1:11am, so want to get the momentum going lolol :cute:

Hi Jambos

We had medicals last week with two small children which went well but without a bit of bribery!! Let's just say the doctor heard us before she could see us. We had two toilet breaks with the 4yr old and a serious nappy incident with the little one. Both boys sat under the Docs desk for a bit before scrapping over the weighing scales. All of this was over usual lunch and nap times so bit stressful for us parents! Thankfully my blood pressure was ok!! Just wear decent undies and stock up on treats for the kids and all will be fine!!

Good feeling tho to be at this stage :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest NatsB

Jambos - I feel your pain.

My darling son, 5 years old, pretended his legs didn't work when he had to climb on the examination table. He then proceeded to give an Oscar-worthy performance of someone about to die. He went floppy, closed his eyes and moaned as if in great pain when the doc felt his tummy. :mad:

It was his first trip to a doctor since he was a toddler, so he obviously has seen too many tv programmes of sick people seeing doctors and decided he needed to fake a grave illness!

I wasn't sure we had managed to convince the nice doctor that he was actually putting in on!

Both kids then proceeded to tear around the clinic screeching and throwing themselves off chairs and couches :embarrassed:I think they were only to happy to sign off on our forms just to get us to remove our demon-spawn from their offices!

Guest NatsB
Errrrm best undies? Do you mean top half or bottom half? LOL I am such a grown up

My husband had to strip down to his boxers.

For some reason I was not asked to undress (obviously gone are the days strangers want to see me naked:cry:) but I was wearing a loose top and leggings so the doc could easily move my clothing to examine me.

For the adults the doctor checked chest(front and back) with stethoscope, felt lymph nodes in neck, armpits and groin, felt tummy (presume feeling for liver etc) asked about any visable scars, checked reflexes (rubber mallet on knees) and looked into eyes, ears and mouth with that pointy light thingy.

The nurses checked BP, urine dip test for protein and sugar, quick eye chart reading check, height and weight and took bloods.

Kids over 5 also need the urine test, and the doc gave both children (3 and 5) a brief once-over similar to the adult physical. Both kids were weighed and height measured.

My kids were horribly embarrassing and I'm glad I never have to go back there!

Hi all

We went for our medicals this past Monday, 23 April. We were all (me, wife and 5yr-old son) stripped down to undies - and both my and my son's bit were checked (don't know why... ). Height, weight, eyesight, ears and eyes checked, BP and urine tests were done for all of us, and X-rays and blood HIV tests were done on us adults.

There was a young girl in the waiting room who was applying for a USA visa with her mother - she had a skin TB test done (apparently a small device of some description is implanted in the skin for a few DAYS to determine whether TB is present), and I don't know what was involved, but she was screaming her head off for the 20 minutes prior to our examination - we had our hands full keeping our child calm with that going on - even I was feeling a bit queasy going in after that. The sound of a child screaming like that is really horrible. Just glad Aus don't require anything that from us!

The only panel doctor in Johannesburg is a bit of an oddball - always telling jokes and talking the hind leg off a donkey; and I found him seriously unprofessional. Anyway, after our 40-minute total exam, he required an additional report from our family GP which we submitted on Thursday this week, so I guess that means we're now in the waiting room! Could you please update the spreadsheet?

I'm really hoping there's nothing else DIAC require - all is showing as met on the website apart from our medicals.

The final wait is upon us! Here's hoping it's short-lived.

PatrickW

quick question:

is it just me or does the FBI clearance look really ordinary? no stamps or anything on it?

pls let me know if yours looks like that so i can have a bit of peace. lol

thanks in advance.

oh, and when i scanned it to upload it, it has "unauthorized copy" written all over it!!! is it okay to upload it like that?

Edited by oppyddrum
update

quick question:

is it just me or does the FBI clearance look really ordinary? no stamps or anything on it?

pls let me know if yours looks like that so i can have a bit of peace. lol

thanks in advance.

oh, and when i scanned it to upload it, it has "unauthorized copy" written all over it!!! is it okay to upload it like that?

My FBI clearance came on letterhead. I think the letterhead with the signature is sufficient. When I scanned my copy, I didn't notice anything about unauthorized. But, one thing I did ask the FBI to do was to "authenticate" the document as it is for Australian's DIAC department.

it came on a letterhead as well, but there was no signature. and when i scan or copy mine, the blue/purple background goes away and is replaced with watermarks of "unauthorized copy"! i don't know what to do now!

im thinking, call the FBI and ask why there is no signature on mine... this is so inconvenient! :(

Edited by oppyddrum

it came on a letterhead as well, but there was no signature. and when i scan or copy mine, the blue/purple background goes away and is replaced with watermarks of "unauthorized copy"! i don't know what to do now!

Your problem is easy to solve: Take a picture of it with your digital camera and upload the jpeg. I'm sure you won't get the "unauthorized copy" on it. :wink:

But what do you mean there is no signature? That may or may not be a problem...

Your problem is easy to solve: Take a picture of it with your digital camera and upload the jpeg. I'm sure you won't get the "unauthorized copy" on it. :wink:

But what do you mean there is no signature? That may or may not be a problem...

oh man, you are a genius on that JPEG suggestion. I'm gonna do that.

yea, there was no signature, just this:

*The Officer's name*

Section Chief

Biometric Services Section

Criminal Justice Information

Services Division

i went looking online and a few people said they got it like that too... the first impression you get just from looking at it is that it looks so unofficial and ordinary! not what you would expect from THE FBI! lol