New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to my lawyer, she said there is no indication they will start in march. she said they just keeping u when apps r low they vl get u. she said forgt this and study and reapply through skill select, what a depressing answer!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Arshad for your comforting words! I also believe we will all eventually all be processed. Why this massive delay which has taken years is a complete mystery to me??? My trade is Marketing, and if you look at Marketing jobs here in the UK they are very valued, especially with all the on-line business developments. I did my English Language test and got an overall '8' and this was for academic English!! I'm also fluent in German, both written and spoken. So really.... I'm sure there are others in this group, who have a lot to offer Australia!! Anyway, Happy Australia Day everyone - belated..... (again.....)

Hi! Guys i request all of u to join the facebook page

Called The Australian Forgotten Visa Applications ( 886-457 & more)

so that our voice will be heard, i know some people in this page who are gonna stake this to the next level

so they are asking our support to fight this torment

Hi! Guys i request all of u to join the facebook page

Called The Australian Forgotten Visa Applications ( 886-457 & more)

so that our voice will be heard, i know some people in this page who are gonna stake this to the next level

so they are asking our support to fight this torment

joined.

joined.

Hi! gUYS

Have sent the captioned letters to the new Minister and Assistant Minister and to the Director on 20th January 2015 and 27th January 2015

I ALSO request you guys also to send similar letters to the department, so that DIAC gets bombarded with letters

These letters copy to migration director on (gsm.business.support@immi.gov.au)

Letter to Minister- minister@immi.gov.au

Request for starting GSM 176 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing [C]-Please request to change Subclass accordingly

Dear Honourable Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection,

I'd like to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since last 3 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year All 175 offshore applications in Category 5 were processed and allocated, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single offshore Family Sponsored 176 was processed since last year and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This waiting is really depressing.

Sir, we deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still 176 Family sponsored visa class are totally on hold since last many years.

Just because we are sponsored by family, it doesn't mean that we don't have skills. In fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced. I am hoping that under your stewardship things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards

Name

Country

File Number

Date of Lodgment

e mail address

Unquote

Letter to Assistant Minister – assistantminister@immi.gov.au

Request for starting GSM 176 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing [C]-Please request to change Subclass accordingly

Dear Honorable Michaelia Cash Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

I want to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since the last 8 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2007 and in the last financial year onshore people in Category 5 were processed, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single off-shore Family Sponsored Cat 5 was processed and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This wait is really frustrating and Honestly it is a torment.

Madam, we have been living in limbo for very long and are unable to make many important decisions about job, residence, family, children and finances because we just don’t know when we have to pack and move to Australia, expecting it to be this year, each year.

We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still the 176 and 475 Family sponsored visa class are totally ignored as if they don’t exist, which is very unfair.

I have always understood and respected that Australia is a fair country but the ongoing policy of refusal to give our cohort any kind of respect or recognition in terms of our visa applications goes against the Australian culture of a “fair go”. I can appreciate that there are enormous complexities and challenges that Australia faces in your migration program but surely it has to be understood and acted upon that applicants like me, who applied under the rules of the day and paid the necessary visa application charges, have been totally ignored. It has been suggested to us that we can withdraw our application but no refund will be given. This is really tantamount to taking money but not in good faith. I don’t believe Australia is like that.

I understand that every Australia government have different policies and values which is one of the things I so admire about Australia. I was hoping that with the election of new Liberal Government those things in relation to this group of visa applicants would finally be dealt with in a fair way. I believe that the Liberal Government has as a basic value that a payment made for something should result in a fair outcome. So far, sadly, this has not happened.

I therefore am appealing to you to do whatever you can to see to it that this group of applicants (subclass 176) who have been totally discarded and treated disdainfully should now be put right. We are not refugees arriving on boats trying to jump the queue, but a group of professional applicants who have done the right thing and in so doing expect to be treated accordingly. Needless to say, in addition, we are skilled applicants and have a lot of skills and earning power to add to the Australian economy.

Just because we are sponsored by family doesn’t mean that we don’t have skills, in fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone and in boats. We and our family/sponsors are desperate to be united and have our wait come to an end.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I have also written to Honourable Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, on 20th January 2015, I am hoping that under both of your stewardships things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards,

Name

Country

File Number

Date of Lodgment

e mail address

Unquote

lets get some predictions going on here... who do you guys think is next 886, 496, 487, 475 or 176? where is woppagangman style?

:twitcy:He he he Yayo...you are going to upset some people if you start making predictions ; ) But hey, thanks for commenting on the thread which has been far too quiet lately. I wish the department would at the very least give us a realistic time frame, instead of leaving us hanging endlessly like this for years and years and years. So much for a "fair go" :confused:

HI! All

i got to know from an agent that four of there applicants have got case officers last friday for Category 5- Subclass 176 , lodgement dates are dates in 2008 and 2010, due to confidential reasons they are unable to give the the names , i have however checked from my agent he says that i have not been assigned to a case officer although i lodged in August 2008, has any of your guys been assigned a case officer for Subclass 176(category5). please advise, i hope DIAC is not randomly assigning case officers for category 5

well this sounds like music... I have a case officer assigned in 2008, but nothing happened since

HI! All

i got to know from an agent that four of there applicants have got case officers last friday for Category 5- Subclass 176 , lodgement dates are dates in 2008 and 2010, due to confidential reasons they are unable to give the the names , i have however checked from my agent he says that i have not been assigned to a case officer although i lodged in August 2008, has any of your guys been assigned a case officer for Subclass 176(category5). please advise, i hope DIAC is not randomly assigning case officers for category 5

HI! All

I hope your agent is not lying to cheer you up! :-)

I hope your agent is not lying to cheer you up! :-)

i dont think he is lying, btw its not my agent who told me, it was some close person who i have been following up for some years , who had all his clients i.e. 4 people assigned ti case officers), only thing i can presume is they are allocating subclass 176 randomnly

i dont think he is lying, btw its not my agent who told me, it was some close person who i have been following up for some years , who had all his clients i.e. 4 people assigned ti case officers), only thing i can presume is they are allocating subclass 176 randomnly

I would only believe that they are processing category apps again when there is an update on the IMMI website or someone in this forum is allocated a CO.

http://migrationalliance.com.au/immigration-daily-news/entry/2015-02-immigration-department-head-hints-that-australia-is-full.html.

worth reading... australia is full, dont believe the predictions. cases will be opened mid 2016.. ha!

He mentioned one thing, .....The “original mission of 1945 to build the population base” has been accomplished.

See the full story below,

http://theconversation.com/tracing-the-far-reaching-changes-in-immigration-and-border-protection-36427

Archived