New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Rahul, there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. To everybody else good luck and it will come sooner or later..

My ceremony is on Australia day 26 January 2015. Its been a long and hard road, but its worth it...

Hery, can you pls advise where you are orinally from? HR or LR?

I m 886 applied in 10/09 still no case officer

Thanks

To anyone who already has a visa and has migrated. Do i have to get our passports stamped. What is the procedure and cost. Can someone help with this.

You don't need a label anymore. The visa is electronic and attached to the passport you used in your application. If you get a new passport you have to notify DIBP to have it transferred. Of you need to prove that you have a visa you can access the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) on the DIBP site. If you really want a stamp (if you go to a country with no electronic access) you can go to a DIBP office and pay AUD150 per visa label. The free info from VEVO has been good enough for me.

Hi, thanks for the reply, the only place i plan to travel is to take a stop in Singapore for a few days en route to Aust, not getting stamped would be okay right.

You don't need a label anymore. The visa is electronic and attached to the passport you used in your application. If you get a new passport you have to notify DIBP to have it transferred. Of you need to prove that you have a visa you can access the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) on the DIBP site. If you really want a stamp (if you go to a country with no electronic access) you can go to a DIBP office and pay AUD150 per visa label. The free info from VEVO has been good enough for me.

No stamp needed. Singapore is pretty advanced. You can always print out the grant letter you received or print out the letter from VEVO just in case.

Though you may need something for Singapore. Not sure what the requirements for stays in Singapore for your country, as you would not be considered an Australian citizen.

Hi, thanks for the reply, the only place i plan to travel is to take a stop in Singapore for a few days en route to Aust, not getting stamped would be okay right.

Hi folks, would like to share some good news. I got my visa grant. :wink::laugh::jiggy::laugh:

Hi Rahul, Congrats for Visa. I'm in the same line, applied on 28th or 29th Aug (don't know exactly) 2007 as Office manager through Paper, but nothing happened till now.

Have you applied through Paper or online ??

Please share more info on this..

Under section 39 of the Act, the minister has the power to set the maximum number of visas of a class that may be granted in a particular financial year. The cap and cease provision means that when a cap has been reached for a particular visa class, work on all applications which have not been processed to decision stops and the files are closed. These applications are treated as if they have not been submitted

Under section 39 of the Act, the minister has the power to set the maximum number of visas of a class that may be granted in a particular financial year. The cap and cease provision means that when a cap has been reached for a particular visa class, work on all applications which have not been processed to decision stops and the files are closed. These applications are treated as if they have not been submitted

And????????????

Is there any announcement made???????

And????????????

Is there any announcement made???????

Not as far as I know. It has been a while since a minister invoked section 39 (as far as I know) about 5 ministers ago.

I was further answering the question:

New Immigration and Border Protection Minister- Peter Dutton, Stop all or Restart Allocate all cat 5?

This is valid only for whole subclass and not any particular occupation. If that subclass has already started then it does not imply to that particular subclass

Sick of waiting.....applied on 31 dec 2009 fd 886..... But still no response....

i am overseas nw for vacation... Dont know hw long I have to wait more....

Mr. Russell - Do you have any idea when they are resuming with 176 FS/886 FS as its currently not allocating?

Archived