New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Dear friends i sent email to minister on behalf of minister i got this reply from DIBP. If you read this email carefully see that this email put more weight on apply new visa means find sponsorship or pay new fees to department and forget about your old application or money if you don't want to apply for new stream then wait for undefinable period.

already 5 months gone for this year visa financial quato planing but no hearing about cat 5 application. even no indication or hope when ever we try to ask say that apply for new visa.

Dear Sir/Madam

I refer to your correspondence of 9 November 2014 to the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, the Hon Scott Morrison MP, concerning the processing of General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. As the responsible business area for these applications, GSM has been asked to respond on behalf of the Minister.

In your correspondence you have expressed concern over the time taken to process your Skilled Sponsored (subclass 886) visa application, which you advise was lodged in June 2010.

You have also expressed concern regarding the difficulty you experience in finding employment as the holder of a bridging visa.

As you may be aware, the processing of GSM visa applications is subject to both visa planning levels as expressed in the Migration Programme and priority processing arrangements affecting the order in which applications are processed.

From the information you have provided it would appear that your application is in priority group 5 under the current Ministerial Direction and is part of the State/territory and regional nominated (STRN) category, which includes family sponsored applications, under the Migration Programme.

The total planning level for the STRN category for the 2014-2015 programme year is 28 850 visa places and these places are allocated in accordance with priority processing arrangements as follows:

· state and territory nominated subclass 190 and 489 applications; then

· state and territory nominated subclass 475, 487, 176 and 886 applications; then

· family sponsored subclass 489 applications; and then

· any other STRN GSM applications.

The department cannot advise when family sponsored priority group 5 applications will be processed as this remains subject to the number of higher priority applications received under the current direction.

Information on the processing of STRN applications and priority group 5 applications can be found on the department’s website.

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/processing-srs.html

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

I acknowledge your concerns about the time it has taken to process these applications; however, the department is required to process applications in line with the Migration Programme planning levels and the Ministerial Direction.

Information about processing of GSM applications will continue to be published on the department’s website and can be accessed using the links given above.

Depending on your circumstances, you may wish to consider the following options to achieve a faster skilled migration outcome:

· Considering your eligibility for an employer sponsored visa, which would require a new visa application including payment of a Visa Application Charge (VAC)

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/

· Submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) for another skilled migration visa through SkillSelect. Information about SkillSelect can be found on the departmental website.

See: http://www.skillselect.gov.au

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact the Minister. If you have any further queries in relation to this matter you can contact my office by replying to this email address.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gweng, immi pple dnt no the law much.. I spoke to lawyer, not every migration agent is lawyer, she said pple in immi doesnt no the law and they are not accredited lawyers they r just staffs who reads things on the paper.. she said I can go, to come back i need to apply for a visitor visa. she said if u have a valid application u can get a visitor visa for that , she showed me a Law manual that the case officers refer to, it called PAM. and it says clearly one of the reasons to grant a visit visa is if applicant needs to come back 2 Australia to finalise it. and even i thot how cme they dnt say this,, she said immi hires staffs not lawyers they dont no the law we know the law.

[h=1]Alternative English Language tests for visa applicants[/h]From 23 November 2014, the department will accept English language test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) and the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) across the Temporary Graduate, Skilled, Former Resident, and Work and Holiday visa programmes.

Scores from the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test will also be accepted from a test taken on or after 1 January 2015 (to coincide with the launch of Cambridge English Language Assessment's new reporting system).

These tests are alternatives to the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Occupational English Test (OET), and have been accepted in the Student visa programme since 2011.

Student visa applicants can continue to provide scores from the IELTS, OET, TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic or Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) tests.

gweng, immi pple dnt no the law much.. I spoke to lawyer, not every migration agent is lawyer, she said pple in immi doesnt no the law and they are not accredited lawyers they r just staffs who reads things on the paper.. she said I can go, to come back i need to apply for a visitor visa. she said if u have a valid application u can get a visitor visa for that , she showed me a Law manual that the case officers refer to, it called PAM. and it says clearly one of the reasons to grant a visit visa is if applicant needs to come back 2 Australia to finalise it. and even i thot how cme they dnt say this,, she said immi hires staffs not lawyers they dont no the law we know the law.

hi cover, thanks for the infor i guess you're right ppl in the dept clueless about what they doing.

according to your lawyer you can get a visitor visa if you already have an application lodged, the visitor visa she referring is it bridging visa type? cause if you're given with tourist visa type you won't be able to stay long in the country, and obviously you're can't work too.

is there an url on the law manual that she showed you? i would appreciate if you can provide me one.

na man... I was bloody searching for it and I found it a guy who got an email from immi stating that, but now i cant find where I found it.. she said to me once I come back to Aus on a visit visa I can go and re initiate the bridging c. and apply for the work rights as I did bfore.. I was on the net I tink u can get it from uni library this PAM guide book on visitor visa.. have a look at any of the refusal visitor visas they always quote things from that PAM.. u will know.. search for visitor refusal letter in google u will find it.. I didnt know until she showed me.. she said wen u leave u r application will still remain valid but u r bridging will cease, u come and re initiate it.. there is no harm for u r application as its nothing to do with u r bridging.. she said its two seperate things.. one is application the other is visa which has conditions and visas dont have any restriction to reapply as long as they are valid to apply... it made more sense..

na man... I was bloody searching for it and I found it a guy who got an email from immi stating that, but now i cant find where I found it.. she said to me once I come back to Aus on a visit visa I can go and re initiate the bridging c. and apply for the work rights as I did bfore.. I was on the net I tink u can get it from uni library this PAM guide book on visitor visa.. have a look at any of the refusal visitor visas they always quote things from that PAM.. u will know.. search for visitor refusal letter in google u will find it.. I didnt know until she showed me.. she said wen u leave u r application will still remain valid but u r bridging will cease, u come and re initiate it.. there is no harm for u r application as its nothing to do with u r bridging.. she said its two seperate things.. one is application the other is visa which has conditions and visas dont have any restriction to reapply as long as they are valid to apply... it made more sense..

cool, i will try google it but if you found anything could you PM me.

i need some official doc from diac saying that ppl who leave the country while they are on bridging visa c, are eligible to obtain a bridging visa c and permission to work full time here.

Ghweng, I would be very careful about leaving the country while on a bridging visa. I don't know anything about it but what would happen if they

suddenly changed the rules and decided people cannot reapply for the bridging visa once they have left Australia? Anything is possible and rules can change at any time as we all know. : (

Even getting document from DIAC would be meaningless if they decide to change the rules at any given moment.

Ghweng, I would be very careful about leaving the country while on a bridging visa. I don't know anything about it but what would happen if they

suddenly changed the rules and decided people cannot reapply for the bridging visa once they have left Australia? Anything is possible and rules can change at any time as we all know. : (

Even getting document from DIAC would be meaningless if they decide to change the rules at any given moment.

bummer :arghh:, kept us here like a prisoner

HI! gUYS, immi table updated, nothing has changed,

General Skilled Migration (GSM) processing centres allocate applications; in accordance with priority processing arrangements; to meet the Migration Programme planning levels set by the government.

The tables below list the earliest lodgement dates for applications that have been allocated to processing teams. You can use this information to determine when your application will be allocated and to ensure your application is complete and ready for assessment.

This information was last updated on 5 December 2014 and the next update will occur in mid-January 2015.

Effective 1 July 2012, the minister set priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect these priority processing arrangements.

GSM non-SkillSelect allocation information

If your application is for a visa subclass that is not currently being allocated do not contact us to enquire about the progress of your application. When processing resumes you will be contacted when your application is allocated.

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]176 Skilled – Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]Not currently allocating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• N/A - indicates that the relevant visa subclass is not specified for this priority group.
  • All subclass 175 and subclass 885 Skilled – Independent visa applications have been allocated to processing teams.
  • The family sponsored visa subclasses listed in the table above are in Priority Group 5 and form part of the State, Territory and Regional Nominated category of the Migration Programme.

Further information is available about Processing of State, Territory and Regional Nominated General Skilled Migration visas, Priority processing groups and order of processing applications and Processing of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration applications on our website.

Celesta, if u dont no b as u dont no... or try 2 gain some knowledge abt it, bloody hell.... fear factor, thats the problem.. u no y we are held at cat 5, because we r bunch of fearful yes master people,, what ever they say we just say yes sir,,, grow up.. if immi says something ask y.. morons!!

WTF, they increasing refugee visas to clear backlog but no doing anything for Cat 5 groups application when we all have the qualification and and skills set to contribute to this country.

Seriously how they made decision in the dept?

reading the article just made me more furious.

@gwheng I was not trying to make you fearful but I was just concerned for you as I wouldn't like to see you take advice from an immi lawyer that ends up being poor advice and then you have problems later.

If I was in your shoes I would try and speak to someone senior at DIAC and get something in writing from them that clearly states what your rights are regarding reapplying for the bridging visa when you return. I have seen too many people (not always in the context of visas) taking advice from professionals who may not have their best interests at heart, and then they end up in trouble based on that bad advice. But I suppose if you are dealing with a lawyer that you know well and trust and who knows the law thoroughly then you will likely be okay. Make sure that there are no pending legal amendments that could block you from reapplying. It really is unfair that refugees continue to pour into Aussie while we are shut out like this. I can't understand what DIAC has against us priority five applicants when we are just hard working professionals seeking to move (many of us) closer to our families who are already in Australia and when we come with finances, family support and skills, albeit not priority skills, that will ensure we can immediately make a positive contribution to the economy. @cover, there's no need to hurl insults and call people names here please.

Archived