New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest The Pom Queen

Firstly, let me say I really feel for all of you who are stuck in Cat 5, however, personal attacks against each other is not going to do any good at all plus it is against the forum rules. Please continue to support each other instead of attacks.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@gwheng I was not trying to make you fearful but I was just concerned for you as I wouldn't like to see you take advice from an immi lawyer that ends up being poor advice and then you have problems later.

If I was in your shoes I would try and speak to someone senior at DIAC and get something in writing from them that clearly states what your rights are regarding reapplying for the bridging visa when you return. I have seen too many people (not always in the context of visas) taking advice from professionals who may not have their best interests at heart, and then they end up in trouble based on that bad advice. But I suppose if you are dealing with a lawyer that you know well and trust and who knows the law thoroughly then you will likely be okay. Make sure that there are no pending legal amendments that could block you from reapplying. It really is unfair that refugees continue to pour into Aussie while we are shut out like this. I can't understand what DIAC has against us priority five applicants when we are just hard working professionals seeking to move (many of us) closer to our families who are already in Australia and when we come with finances, family support and skills, albeit not priority skills, that will ensure we can immediately make a positive contribution to the economy. @cover, there's no need to hurl insults and call people names here please.

All good mate, I really appreciate your concerned toward others.

I'm just furious with the dept not letting us leave the country, and kept us here like a prisoner then increasing refugee intake but not doing anything for cat 5.

fxxxing don't understand why wont' the dept grant those cat 5 ppl that has finances security when they have their families in aust back them up financially, than the one who as refugee who live here under tax payer money, essentially is our money that goes to them and they got their PR quicker than us.

@gwheng I was not trying to make you fearful but I was just concerned for you as I wouldn't like to see you take advice from an immi lawyer that ends up being poor advice and then you have problems later.

If I was in your shoes I would try and speak to someone senior at DIAC and get something in writing from them that clearly states what your rights are regarding reapplying for the bridging visa when you return. I have seen too many people (not always in the context of visas) taking advice from professionals who may not have their best interests at heart, and then they end up in trouble based on that bad advice. But I suppose if you are dealing with a lawyer that you know well and trust and who knows the law thoroughly then you will likely be okay. Make sure that there are no pending legal amendments that could block you from reapplying. It really is unfair that refugees continue to pour into Aussie while we are shut out like this. I can't understand what DIAC has against us priority five applicants when we are just hard working professionals seeking to move (many of us) closer to our families who are already in Australia and when we come with finances, family support and skills, albeit not priority skills, that will ensure we can immediately make a positive contribution to the economy. @cover, there's no need to hurl insults and call people names here please.

I've just PM you check your inbox.

Guys! Even if they are gonna start category 5, it anyway limited to give allocation. This means they might do just few case of the category 5.

What I point is that all ok. Because they need to follow the plan on every years. If they give many PR, their budget is gonna break down.

Firstly, we don't neex to say " hey do processing our case now please" they don't mind. Sometimes, they feel to help us. But they think it is more important to care their budget & plan.

But we probably can suggest to them, at least, they need to do something for us.

For example, they don't need to give PR actually. PR means that we get a lot of adventages from school or UNI fee, loan, credit card and support at centrelink.

At this point, we are not actually urgent to get this adventages which they are concerning!!.

At least, If we anyway applied PR, we anyway are worth to get PR unless we have big medical problems or criminal record.

We waited for so long time. We just wanna get at least compensation!! Until our cases are allocated.

The bottom line is that all waiting applicant of priority5 is comcerning their partner or baby who stuck visa and our work guarantee.

They can just process all our case for not PR if this applicant is suitable for PR. And then if we have no problems, they give us PR later. BUT they are giving us ay least garrantee.

It is if applicant have wife or baby, they should tie their visa with applicant and for the workplace, we are eligible to work in any place on same condition with PR.

It is very fairly reasonable if they are not gonna do anything.

The speech that I suggest is just for example!

Like that, we need to get some garrantee from our case if we have no problems for getting PR

So we need to say to minister like that.

It is not affecting to them to say " we are worth!! Just process now please!" It is no point it is like just protest. Goverment is getting always protest from some groups or their plan and strategy. It is happening all country.

I just say we need to be some more reasonable solution with them. It is very important and need to be smart at this point.

Just thought I pop in. I can't believe you guys are still waiting .... I have since applied for citizenship and approved, now I'm just waiting for a letter for the ceremony.. Hang in there guys and girls and goodluck.

So 2014 is ending without any hope for FS176.....Hope 2015 will have some updates in the Allocation Table.

I will assume you are offshore. Our application was a FS 176 offshore application back in early 2009. This particular thread is a bit deceptive because all category 5 applications are not the same so just because there is movement in one subclass it means very little for those of us that are stuck with the rock bottom visa category within Category 5 and that is the offshore 176 FS! I did start a thread specifically about our subclass but there is nothing to discuss I guess since the allocation table always says not currently allocating. It is a slippery slope and we keep falling further down because they never seem to have any leftover spaces after the other sub classes are processed.

I will assume you are offshore. Our application was a FS 176 offshore application back in early 2009. This particular thread is a bit deceptive because all category 5 applications are not the same so just because there is movement in one subclass it means very little for those of us that are stuck with the rock bottom visa category within Category 5 and that is the offshore 176 FS! I did start a thread specifically about our subclass but there is nothing to discuss I guess since the allocation table always says not currently allocating. It is a slippery slope and we keep falling further down because they never seem to have any leftover spaces after the other sub classes are processed.

I'm in the same boat as you Westwood Wizard FS 176 offshore application. There is absolutely no justice in this situation.

I'm in the same boat as you Westwood Wizard FS 176 offshore application. There is absolutely no justice in this situation.

Celeste...what I have not understood is that when it comes to the backlog of old applications impacted by the change in laws why the Australian government did not allow these including our subclass to be cleared out. Surely in the scope of the overall migration numbers over the last five years, it would not have been a big deal to go ahead and process the offshore FS 176 applications. It is not as though the country would have been hit by a massive number of migrants suddenly.

He received his grant letter yesterday, all in all his 189 process took 3 months which tells me immi is not processing cat 5 on purpose. Not only that it seam they don't have enough applications coming in on the higher categories that any lodgement is processed in 3 months! Some of us here have been waiting 5 years plus kind o ridiculous..... I think it's time I look at lodging a new 189.

He received his grant letter yesterday, all in all his 189 process took 3 months which tells me immi is not processing cat 5 on purpose. Not only that it seam they don't have enough applications coming in on the higher categories that any lodgement is processed in 3 months! Some of us here have been waiting 5 years plus kind o ridiculous..... I think it's time I look at lodging a new 189.

It is an issue of risk. I thought the same thing but to spend what would amount to about USD 10,000 on a new application for my family and all the while who is to say the Australian government does not change their rules again and retroactively apply those rules to even the new 189 application. I understand that is not likely to happen but not willing to risk USD 10,000 on top of the money already possibly thrown away on the FS 176 offshore application that is more than 5 years waiting.

Archived