New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

G5 886 Not currently allocating - updated on 12/01/2015

Every body in this forum should send an email to minister@immi.gov.au and assistantminister@immi.gov.au to chasing up. Otherwise, we all may need to wait another 5 years.

In my opinion, in the case of family sponsored applicants, the main applicants should not be the ones sending these emails but their australian sponsors. Maybe this could be more effective in getting the Minister's attention, given that they are the ones which pay australian taxes and the ones that could potentially vote against the minister's party in an election. I'm sure that they don't really mind about the emails from some non-Australian people living in foreign countries and maybe a couple of dozens of Australians inquiring about their relatives' delayed visa applications could be taken in consideration.

I've provided my sister (australian sponsor) with my application information for this purpose...after all, what do I have to loose?

Regards.

VE176

Visa subclass: 176

Lodgement date: May/2009

Lodgement method: Agent / Electronic application

HR country

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G5 886 Not currently allocating - updated on 12/01/2015

Every body in this forum should send an email to minister@immi.gov.au and assistantminister@immi.gov.au to chasing up. Otherwise, we all may need to wait another 5 years.

I think they just don't have intention to processed G5 886, regardless how many emails they received from the pending applicants.

all replies that we got from them - "bla bla bla, due to your skills set is no in the demand list we don't know when we going to processed your application, all you can do for now is sit tight and wait"

I think they just don't have intention to processed G5 886, regardless how many emails they received from the pending applicants.

all replies that we got from them - "bla bla bla, due to your skills set is no in the demand list we don't know when we going to processed your application, all you can do for now is sit tight and wait"

I Agree that we have no intention to proceed G5 886 application; however, We G5ers need to unify to make immi department hear from our voice.

G5 in this forum, please ask your sponsor relative send the following email to immi department

Subject: Request for starting GSM 886 Family Sponsored Category 5 (onshore) visa processing

Dear Honourable Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection

I'm writing this email on behalf of my sister/brother, XXXXXXX (G5 886 applicant). I'd like to bring your attention to the plight of GSM 886 Family Sponsored Category 5 (onshore) visa applicants whose processing has been on hold since last 2 years, and there has been no news of the Immigration Department plans to do with them, except the statement that the processing of this class has not started that they will face considerable wait due to limited number of visas in the Family Sponsored stream.

Some of us have been waiting since 2009 and in the last financial year all 885 onshore applications in Category 5 were processed and allocated, which is fair, and we waited and hoped for our turn. However, not a single on-shore Family Sponsored 886 was processed since last year and there was no update about when to expect their cases to be processed. This waiting is really depressing.

Sir, We deserve at least an update about when to expect our cases to start processing and while new changes in the immigration policies have been announced, still 886 Family sponsored visa class are totally on hold since last year.

Just because we are sponsored by family, it doesn't mean that we don’t have skills. In fact, besides skills we have the advantage of family and its contacts in Australia that will mean in us getting jobs faster and integrating in society faster than those who arrive here without knowing anyone.

Please start processing our cases soon and, in the meantime, an update on what is being planned for us should be announced.

I am hoping that under your stewardship things will be sorted out, the backlog cleared and the system of immigration will become better.

Thanking you in anticipation of your help in resolving our concerns.

Regards

Name

Applicant file number

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I apreciate that you are willing support the idea. In my opinion, instead or being a copy of the previous communication from the main applicant, the new text should clearly state since the beginning that the person writing is an Australian Citizen or Resident speaking on its own and not in behalf of some foreinger and that this Australian person is concerned on the fact that he/she is taking part in a visa application as an sponsor and that he/she has concerns regarding their relative application to be processed soon maybe based on expectations on getting their families together, just to name an example.

Allocation table updated on 15th Jan 2015.. No progress for Group 5..

[TABLE=width: 691]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 4]Processing information for GSM non-Skillselect applications

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Visa Subclass

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 3

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 4

[/TD]

[TD]Priority Group 5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]176 Skilled – Sponsored

[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Not currently allocating

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored

[/TD]

[TD]N/A

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This forum is just like life, one day it gives you despair and the next day it gives you hope. I am grateful that I joined this forum as it helps to know there are others like you who have been waiting indefinitely. Dear Lord, please bless us all, show us the light and save us from this endless period of waiting.

They are busy with the merger, and it will be interesting to see how it will affect the processing.

......"insiders expect the casualties to be heaviest at Immigration as part of what is being called the "Customisation" of the department and a "reverse takeover" by the smaller Customs agency".

http://www.theage.com.au/national/public-service/immigration-bosses-to-be-purged-within-weeks-20150119-12tb9z.html

A reputed immigration agent revealed that gov is not going to process cat5 apps. He has a source of info in the department. Around 2000 are left to be processed.

I hope he is wrong....

Can't be right as they are still processing 886s from 2009....Hope for the best

A reputed immigration agent revealed that gov is not going to process cat5 apps. He has a source of info in the department. Around 2000 are left to be processed.

I hope he is wrong....

He sure is.the reason why we haven't heard anything is because the processing departments close from 24th dec to 15th january i hope everyone knows that.

And if you look closer then somewhere in the table it states that the allocation table will be updated early feb not late feb as it has been going on.

Also,would they stop if they only have 2000 of us people to clear?

Don't think so.

http://migrationalliance.com.au/immigration-daily-news/entry/2014-09-priority-group-5-applications-for-886-and-176-visas-dibp-update.html?limitstart=160

Check this out guys and go to the last page......Few are talking about FS Cat 5 processing will resume in March 2015......Do anyone have a clue?????

Gagan - Please help......

This is old news.we all know about this.

I hope he is wrong....

I don't want to make any predictions and then have people saying I am wrong or misleading, but what i believe is that there are definitely more than 2000 FS both 886 and 176 plus other FS visas in Cat 5 remaining, so he is definitely wrong about the figures. and i don't think they are NEVER going to process us. Hopefully they will, but no one can say when, i am saying this because about 3-4 FS applicants in the last couple of months, mostly 886 and Rahul, have got grants so they have started but the pace is so slow that we will easily have to wait for a couple of years to see the rest, esp off shores, seeing their grants.

it is depressing and the only thing one can do in the meantime is to enjoy life without keeping too much on hold as they wait, it is difficult to make longterm decisions but better to go on with life then to spoil the present for a future you don't know how long it is going to take in coming. We will all be there one day ... God Willing.

i think he is paper based then, they still processing the apps before the date they had it on the update list 2 years ago mate,,, paper base march 2009, elodged 11 dec 2009. have u seen any one getting co after this date.

Archived