New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, finally I just got my CO yesterday - team 4 Adelaide. My application was lodged back on the 4th of June 2009 (176) and last month I asked for a transfer to 175 due to my new IELTS score. CO is asking for additional documents now

Congrats, that is indeed good news, BTW I have few questions, how do u transfer 176 into 175 and how many points do u require now?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, finally I just got my CO yesterday - team 4 Adelaide. My application was lodged back on the 4th of June 2009 (176) and last month I asked for a transfer to 175 due to my new IELTS score. CO is asking for additional documents now.

Many Many Congrats....but finally under what visasubclass are you processed, 175 or 176 ?

Hi, finally I just got my CO yesterday - team 4 Adelaide. My application was lodged back on the 4th of June 2009 (176) and last month I asked for a transfer to 175 due to my new IELTS score. CO is asking for additional documents now.

my CO is from team 4... not many people have him... what is his/her name?

@mumofCD : I received email back in 2012 saying that I can be transferred to 175 or 176SS if I manage to obtain enough points for 175 therefore I retook IELTS and managed to get 7 in all bands. I submitted the new IELTS result to gsm.documents@immi.gov.au and received a reply that I am transferred to 175. As for points, I believe it still follow the old points method (pre July 2011)

@abhay : I got my CO for 175 not 176 as stated on the email from my CO.

@parissa : My CO name is KS. Looking at your timelines, you have been assigned a CO since 2012 ? Wow.. I guess it is still a long way for me :(

Allocation table has been updated. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Does anyone know how long it takes for Form 929 (changes in personal particulars) to be processed once it reaches the dept? i submitted mine to agent a month ago and he has not replied me to say if he has forwarded the form to the dept. Getting worried as the paperbased 175 is drawing closer to my lodgement date :/

Allocation table has been updated. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Does anyone know how long it takes for Form 929 (changes in personal particulars) to be processed once it reaches the dept? i submitted mine to agent a month ago and he has not replied me to say if he has forwarded the form to the dept. Getting worried as the paperbased 175 is drawing closer to my lodgement date :/

Only 175 dates have changed, that too not much looks like.. 175 paper has moved a month and e-lodged has moved 3 months? Hope they start 176 soon..

Anyway, if you submitted 929, you won't get any confirmation. I submitted 929 and 1022 few months back due to change in details, but they did not reply. I called and complained, then they told me that they do not acknowledge receipt of these forms, they are just put in our file. I guess you'll have to wait for your CO allocation to confirm that the document reached. And when I tried arguing with them on the phone, they told me something like "even if you know we received it, unless a CO is assigned, these new forms will only be kept in your file and no changes will be made until your case is allocated", or something like that (the lady was deliberately unhelpful, which was the reason I complained to their feedback unit). Anyway, I dont have agent that is why I sent it on my own. I reckon even if you have an agent, you can send it on your own? Then why not send a copy by yourself by registered post, so you will get a confirmation of receipt by your postal service when the form is received by the dept? Hope the info helped. Cheers.

So the DIBP allocation page states "The tables below list the earliest lodgement dates for applications that have been allocated to case officers."

Does that mean for those who have a 175 e-lodged before 19 September 2009 that their application has been allocated to a CO and we just have to wait for the CO to get through their pile of allocated applications?

Jvkster ..you should be happy ..we are in 176 still no change...hope they start from april...2014

Hey grm092008, dont lose hope, it looks like they are clearing one group at a time, first it was 885 now 175 and I am sure the rest will commence and once they do it seems pretty fast. Hang in there, we are all in this togerther:)

Only 175 dates have changed, that too not much looks like.. 175 paper has moved a month and e-lodged has moved 3 months? Hope they start 176 soon..

Anyway, if you submitted 929, you won't get any confirmation. I submitted 929 and 1022 few months back due to change in details, but they did not reply. I called and complained, then they told me that they do not acknowledge receipt of these forms, they are just put in our file. I guess you'll have to wait for your CO allocation to confirm that the document reached. And when I tried arguing with them on the phone, they told me something like "even if you know we received it, unless a CO is assigned, these new forms will only be kept in your file and no changes will be made until your case is allocated", or something like that (the lady was deliberately unhelpful, which was the reason I complained to their feedback unit). Anyway, I dont have agent that is why I sent it on my own. I reckon even if you have an agent, you can send it on your own? Then why not send a copy by yourself by registered post, so you will get a confirmation of receipt by your postal service when the form is received by the dept? Hope the info helped. Cheers.

Thanks heaps shirishcharo, I am going to head down to the agent's office first thing Monday morning and check if my form 929 has left his hands. Otherwise I will do it myself like you suggested.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let everybody know. Today my agent contacted me to let me know that I have been assigned a case officer.

I applied for a 175 skilled independent visa on the 7th of July 2009. Received CO on the 28th of February 2014. I have been asked for Form 80, Police clearances and Medicals.

As they say better late than never. Good luck to everybody!

So the DIBP allocation page states "The tables below list the earliest lodgement dates for applications that have been allocated to case officers."

Does that mean for those who have a 175 e-lodged before 19 September 2009 that their application has been allocated to a CO and we just have to wait for the CO to get through their pile of allocated applications?

yes i think so. the website states this "When your application is allocated to a case officer, you will be notified within two weeks and provided with an email address for all future correspondence. Your case officer can assist with further detail on how to obtain specific clearances, and confirm the validity of any previously obtained clearances."

happy days! :)

Archived