New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Allocation table is moving n indeed good news fr 175rs...However, in this week's update, they have mentiond abt processing of regional spons n fs visas....

Not a positive sign as it says thr s no quota left anymore n remaining quota will be used fr state spons, 489 fs n applications on final stage f processsing incl subsequent entrant applications.....

Gagan/Bulg-Is thr any hope fr 886/487 fs before end f financial year?

that note is from day 1. 190 and 489 cat 5 says N.A. please keep your hopes high. IM 886 as well..

Hi Guys,

Allocation table is moving n indeed good news fr 175rs...However, in this week's update, they have mentiond abt processing of regional spons n fs visas....

Not a positive sign as it says thr s no quota left anymore n remaining quota will be used fr state spons, 489 fs n applications on final stage f processsing incl subsequent entrant applications.....

Gagan/Bulg-Is thr any hope fr 886/487 fs before end f financial year?

“Due to a large number of applications there will be a limit of 35 invitations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Sponsored) visas until further notice. This change will be implemented from the 16 December 2013 invitation round.

Please note that this will not have any impact on state or territory government nominations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) (State or territory nominated) visas and nominations for these visas can continue.”

The above announcement seems does say that the cap will not effect State or Territory Nominated 489 visa applications.

“Due to a large number of applications there will be a limit of 35 invitations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) (Sponsored) visas until further notice. This change will be implemented from the 16 December 2013 invitation round.

Please note that this will not have any impact on state or territory government nominations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) (State or territory nominated) visas and nominations for these visas can continue.”

The above announcement seems does say that the cap will not effect State or Territory Nominated 489 visa applications.

Is there anything to do with family sponsored 886 visa?

Thanks for the update archa, my application is one day after- 26 may 2009 so am hoping to hear something real soon. Fahdmugal have u hear anything yet?

Congrats Archa :)

I just talked to my agent and she said that there is no update. however, she has send the update request to immi.

This is a long post. I am at wits end and need some advise. For convenience i'll pseudonym my agent as P and his assistant as Q. P is MARA registered and is appointed to communicate with the department on my behalf. P and Q were very bad at email communication. Both simply did not respond or responded after months from 2009 -2013. Thanks to this thread and allocation table, I managed to keep myself updated with DIAC’s movements.

Recently, I managed to contact Q after several attempts. I learnt that P sold his business to a new boss R and has set base in another country. Q is now employed by R but also keeps track of P’s outstanding cases including mine. Q got better in terms of email communication, his replies were swift. When I told him I had changes to update he sent me Form 929. I completed them and emailed back at the beginning of Feb. Then, no response again.

All calls unanswered and I could not wait till Monday so I went down to their "office" Friday evening, no one there. Turns out, it is a service office. No one actually is there physically, it is just an address to receive/send communications. So in desperation, I called R and learnt that Q is away for training. The boss said he does not handle K’s outstanding cases but he will try to forward my queries to Q.

So right now, since Q is away, I am not sure who is keeping track of emails, if any, from the department. My worst fear is that the department does email P and either P or Q fails to follow up and due to the lapse in communication, DIAC rejects my application.

I am now seriously considering terminating the services of P and Q. I am hesitant to do so as I am close to the end of the race and I don’t want to create a paperwork nightmare and confuse DIAC at this sensitive stage. But at the same time, chasing Q is proving to be very stressful and frustrating. I am going to wait it out till Wednesday to see if Z has done anything to put me in touch with Q. Any suggestions from here will be most valuable.

In the event that I do terminate P & Q’s services, I understand from DIAC website that I need to submit Form 956/956A and Form 1193. Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need P to submit a form as well to say the appointment is cancelled? (that will prove almost impossible since P is almost always not contactable!)

And finally after CO allocation, is there much documentation that needs to be done? Can I handle it on my own? I don’t want to hire another agent, I understand there is only police and medical clearance or is there more that would require professional help rather than DIY?

Thanks very much, sorry for the long post i hope all of it makes sense.

That sounds incredibly frustrating. If it were me, I'd probably submit the forms to DIBP so that they contact me in future directly so I know what is going on.

You somewhat confused your initials, but you said Q is keeping track of your case? Is Q a MARA-registered agent? If not, and if R isn't getting involved in your case then I'd definitely terminate their services. If there is only the police and medical check left, that shouldn't be too difficult. And if you ask Q for a copy of your documents, that way if you do need another agent for something in the future you'll have all the background for them to review.

Hi all, I'm 886fs and was given case officer may 2013..low risk and was sent email on Friday asking for my daughters new pass port details. thing is I'm pregnant and due in a couple of weeks, all medicals are up to date, but does anyone know if we will be granted permanent residency before baby is born or will we have to wait to getbaby's medicals and pass port.. God I hope not, this has dragged on long enough.

Hi all, I'm 886fs and was given case officer may 2013..low risk and was sent email on Friday asking for my daughters new pass port details. thing is I'm pregnant and due in a couple of weeks, all medicals are up to date, but does anyone know if we will be granted permanent residency before baby is born or will we have to wait to getbaby's medicals and pass port.. God I hope not, this has dragged on long enough.

I believe you will be fine, but not completely sure though.....

Finally, 886 is movin nw....glad to read ur post....Thanks Bulg....Hopefully will gt our turn soon.

i believe they generally wait and give you visa to you and your baby together. they probably will say to you that a decision has been made to your application but they will wait till your baby is born and then grant visa to your whole family together.

good luck with your application and congrats on new baby :)

can you please share more details 886 please

application date

skill

co date

docs asked

and any other info usefull to forum please

thanks

Hi everyone,

Updating the thread as we are all bound to do... :-)

I have received information from my agent from CO asking for form 80, police and health checks.

CO: team 4

Visa type: 175 paper

ACS category: 2231-11

Lodgement date: October 2008

Wish me luck, as I will for my fellow Cat5s here.

Hi everyone,

I have received information from my agent from CO asking for form 80, police and health checks.

good stuff, congrats

That sounds incredibly frustrating. If it were me, I'd probably submit the forms to DIBP so that they contact me in future directly so I know what is going on.

You somewhat confused your initials, but you said Q is keeping track of your case? Is Q a MARA-registered agent? If not, and if R isn't getting involved in your case then I'd definitely terminate their services. If there is only the police and medical check left, that shouldn't be too difficult. And if you ask Q for a copy of your documents, that way if you do need another agent for something in the future you'll have all the background for them to review.

Thanks Maggiemay24. I finally heard from assistant Q this morning. He is keeping track of P's inbox and all mails from the immi dept. So far no CO allocation but will keep me in the loop if anything unravels. Finally some reassuring words. And he recommends that he submit Form 929 once I am alllocated a CO. Anyways i jumped the gun and sent out my Form 929 and additional documents to the immi dept via email ystdy. I hope I have not done anything wrong in doing so.

Hi everyone,

Congrats Pincher! Best of luck and get that PR in a zip!

Hi All,

I have finally received an email from the CO .. yay !!

CO : Team 8

ACS ASCO code: 2231-11

Lodged on: 30th June 2009

Just wanted to confirm, I have changed 2 jobs since then and my daughter has a new passport, spouse has changed jobs too. So we need to fill form 1022, in addition to form 80 right ?

Just received notification from my agent that we now have a case officer

Visa type: 175 Online

Application Submitted: 17 Sep 2009,

DIBP Letter: 9 Oct 2013 notifying that CO to be allocated within 12 months and request for Form 80, medical and Police certs

Medicals submitted: 11 Nov 2013

Police Certificates and new form 80: received 20 Jan 2014

Case Officer Allocated: 5 Mar 2014

Archived