New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HELP:

Can I still convert by 176FS Sept 2009 into a state sponsored 176? I know it was supposed to end by December 2012 but if anyone has any idea please tell because I have found my profession on a state sponsored list and filing a new application means news assessment of Vetassess, Ielts, besides the fee for the new application. Any suggestions pls?

HELP:

Can I still convert by 176FS Sept 2009 into a state sponsored 176? I know it was supposed to end by December 2012 but if anyone has any idea please tell because I have found my profession on a state sponsored list and filing a new application means news assessment of Vetassess, Ielts, besides the fee for the new application. Any suggestions pls?

I don't know if this will help you, but in July 2012 I received the general email from DIAC saying that I am in Group 5 (like I didn't know that:)) and the choices I have. They said: "As your GSM visa application was lodged before the legislative changes made on 1 July 2010, you are able to consider your eligibility for nomination by any state or territory government. In seeking a nomination from a state or territory government agency you should consider whether your nominated occupation is listed on the current State Migration Plan (SMP) for your intended state or territory. SMPs commenced for all states and territories in late 2010 and early 2011, and specify which occupations state and territory governments can nominate applicants under. States and territories have a limited capacity to put forward nominations for occupations not listed on their Plan. These provisions allow states further flexibility in providing nominations which may be valuable in meeting shortages in very specialized occupations."

Are you sure they stopped it in December 2012? I'm just wondering why did they bother to give this information 5 months before if they were planning to stop it.

How can a paper based applicant check the status? as we don't have TRN.

If you applied through an agent, he/she can do all status checks on your behalf by emailing/calling the department. Otherwise, you can call the GSM Adelaide Office directly to check on your status. I am not sure of the number though:|

Hi bulg, thanks for updating us. Can u please give us bit more info about ur friend whose status been changed, when did he apply. And any idea if Immi is start working on 886 now?

thanks

7th jan 2010 online.886 FS cookery.

No CO but status has changed to medical req.

How can a paper based applicant check the status? as we don't have TRN.

Also, can we just get medicals done without authorisation from DIAC (or whatever they're called now), as I know the centers ask for some sort of number for processing? Thanks!

Archived