New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI!

please help me to understand why my parents are appeared in my online application as a persons #4 and #5? I'm the person #1, my husband and son are #2 and 3. Anyone else has the same situation?

thanks

Hi SunnyBunny, that happens to my application too. Now I see a 5th person in my online application - our supposedly sponsor. Previously it was just 4 names.

Since mine is visa 176 category 5 (May 2009), I would just ignore it because there is still no light at the end of the tunnel for this category yet.

So, what visa are you applying, and when did you apply?

Hi SunnyBunny, that happens to my application too. Now I see a 5th person in my online application - our supposedly sponsor. Previously it was just 4 names.

Since mine is visa 176 category 5 (May 2009), I would just ignore it because there is still no light at the end of the tunnel for this category yet.

So, what visa are you applying, and when did you apply?

Hi! I applied 21th of March 2009, 175 category. So I believe that (if everything will be fine) I will have a CO soon. Maybe I should do something with it , I dont know

Same old story. All us 176 applicants can do is hurry up and wait as the years roll by. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. :ssign8:

Very true.. By the way, there has been no movement in 176 or 886 since this financial year started has there? And although it is not a lot, there is some space for us in their planning levels for this year, so I was hoping they'd at least allocate some FS apps in the later half of the financial year (which would be about now).. I would hate to wait till another financial year, not knowing what they'll do with the planning levels again. Sigh. We can just hope!!

I'm a lurker on this thread (and keep my fingers crossed for your visas to be processed soon) but I hope you don't mind a curious question. I must admit I know very little about these visas and have often wondered why they've been dropped onto the back burner of DIBP processing timelines? It appears from the DIBP website that these visas are now replaced with the 189/190 visas, so why wouldn't DIBP simply put the 175/176 visas at the top of the 189/190 pile to clear these up? Another optimistic approach would be for DIBP to refund you the application fee and you re-apply for the new visa subclasses, but I'm assuming it's not that simple.

It just doesn't seem fair for them to close visa categories, replace them with new ones and then forget about all these applicants who are now waiting years for processing. I admire the patience you all have.

I'm a lurker on this thread (and keep my fingers crossed for your visas to be processed soon) but I hope you don't mind a curious question. I must admit I know very little about these visas and have often wondered why they've been dropped onto the back burner of DIBP processing timelines? It appears from the DIBP website that these visas are now replaced with the 189/190 visas, so why wouldn't DIBP simply put the 175/176 visas at the top of the 189/190 pile to clear these up? Another optimistic approach would be for DIBP to refund you the application fee and you re-apply for the new visa subclasses, but I'm assuming it's not that simple.

It just doesn't seem fair for them to close visa categories, replace them with new ones and then forget about all these applicants who are now waiting years for processing. I admire the patience you all have.

The problem is that not many of our applications are on the new list so we would not be able to apply for the new 189 visa. We just just made the list and was thus placed in category 5....all the categories before us got their visa's very quickly.

They actually don't need our applications so much any more, that is why we are not an urgent group. This is also the reason we really can't get annoyed with the department as they are at least still giving us the option of getting there, instead of just saying, sorry...your occupation is not on the list any more...here is your refund.

I am one of the oldies....visa 175 and was placed in category 5 (there is no category 6:wub:)

we have been waiting for 5 years and 2 month...at least we have a CO, but we are now waiting for our PCC that is also a mission and taking FOREVER!

Just to give an update regarding my 175 application

My CO has been waiting for me to get Offshore since late Nov 2013 to grant me the visa and I finally have the chance do to so last Saturday. I haven't actually received any letter from DIBP yet but both VEVO and Electronic application status page stated that my PR was granted today 30/1/2014 and I need to enter australia before late March 2014. What puzzles me is that the visa comes with an expiry date exactly the same date of the 'enter before' date...

anyway.. it's has been a long time coming. Good luck to you all.

Archived