New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No mate it's not wrong since I see this on my profile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20668[/ATTACH]

so as you can see the fact that it says "application being processed further" means absolutely nothing...

hay friend ,

your one offshore application , i am on 885 onshore application . my agent told me , i might not get any mail bcos he did upload all my updated documents. hope for something comes up .

tnx all.

This means you will recieve a CO letter very soon may be this week , i'm sure 100 percent , congratulation mate but plz update when you got the letter !!

i think your timeline is 885 august 2011 is it correct ? if yes plz confirm cuz i'm july 2011 this means i'm also might be got CO .

hey sesocam ,

tnx bro yours information , i am on august . u r right , hopefully i got any news from DIAC. my friend was january 11 got same message , got co email bcos his agent and my agent same. but his agent didn't upload his pc in aus new one,

now waiting for grant his visa. hope something comes up .

tnx once again.

Nopes the new govt. doesnt really matter. Just think logically that Australian budget is already in Deficit and they want more people into their country as well as money. Whatever the government it wont be feasible for them so its a win win situation only thing is a matter of time.

hi Gagan, do you know think if the next term goes to liberal hand, the processing of long waited applications will get processed lot more quicker?

Under previous Howard government ppl got their PR granted within 12mth.

Guest leoj76

whats pretty bad news for many of us....

look what answer i got from the diac for complaining...

The department is required to consider the number of available places for specific visa categories. Due to the number of places available for SRS applicants this program year, the department will limit the processing of cases in this visa category. This will mean that many current Priority Group 5 SRS applicants will not have their applications processed in the 2013-14 program year.

hey sesocam ,

tnx bro yours information , i am on august . u r right , hopefully i got any news from DIAC. my friend was january 11 got same massage , got co email bcos his agent and my agent same. but his agent didn't upload his pc in aus new one,

now waiting for grant his visa. hope something comes up .

tnx once again.

I could actually really could use a MASSAGE right now

Hi Everyone

This is what my reputable Aussie based immigration agents sent me in a newsletter on Monday. Something positive :)

A GLIMMER OF HOPE FOR PROCESSING CATEGORY FIVE CLIENTS

We would like to update clients on some possible good news for those

who are waiting for their subclass 175 and 176 visa applications to be

processed. We have a number of clients in this category. These are

general skilled visa applications that were lodged as far back as 2007

and have not been processed. This has been a cause of significant

disappointment and frustration for our clients and for ourselves. At a

recent training seminar for Migration Agents in Sydney we were advised

that DIAC expect all category five applications to be processed during

this fiscal year ie before 30 June 2014. This is due to the very low

take up of applications under SkillSelect.

Whilst there are no guarantees and the information is not from DIAC, we

are hopeful that this will happen and that the many long suffering

applicants will finally get what they are entitled to and that is the

processing of their applications.

We will of course update clients as soon as we have more information

Celeste could you give us some link to read the whole update from your agent.

Hi Everyone

This is what my reputable Aussie based immigration agents sent me in a newsletter on Monday. Something positive :)

We would like to update clients on some possible good news for those

who are waiting for their subclass 175 and 176 visa applications to be

processed. We have a number of clients in this category. These are

general skilled visa applications that were lodged as far back as 2007

and have not been processed. This has been a cause of significant

disappointment and frustration for our clients and for ourselves. At a

recent training seminar for Migration Agents in Sydney we were advised

that DIAC expect all category five applications to be processed during

this fiscal year ie before 30 June 2014. This is due to the very low

take up of applications under SkillSelect.

Hi Everyone

We would like to update clients.............

Wow.....hard to believe if a reputable migration agent itself is starting to believe Non-DIAC's source!

Wow.....hard to believe if a reputable migration agent itself is starting to believe Non-DIAC's source!

But for sure, they will be knowing better than you, me or anybody else.... They are professionals in this field and will have authentic inputs.... Pessimism in everything doesn't help, Optimism, atleast elates the mood..... Cheers

hi all I applied 885 in june 2011 nothing still no news dunno what's going on any 1 here he/she or their friend got CO who applied 885 around june 2011 please update

thanks

Hi Mann Marjana,

I applied July 2011 885...still waiting:)

Also good news! My friend got this letter today morning!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you concerning the General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclass 175 visa application for the primary applicant listed above, lodged on 21/03/2009, and to request further information to assist in the smooth allocation and processing of this application.

Allocation of your application

Please note that a case officer has not been allocated at this time. However applications in Priority Group 5 are scheduled to be allocated over the next twelve months and the information below is required to progress this application. Application documentation will be only assessed after a case officer has been allocated, and therefore online checklists will not be updated until that time.

Document request

As some time has passed since the lodgement of this application, please provide the following information and/or documentation at your earliest opportunity within 28 days of this email.

Departmental forms are available at Applications and Forms - Visas & Immigration. To provide additional documents for an e-visa application, please attach colour scans of the documents online via the following link:

Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Online Application.

If you cannot attach documents online, please email this information to gsm.documents@immi.gov.au. Please do not change the subject line of the email.

Please provide:

Form 80 for each adult applicant (18 years of age or older), regardless of whether or not a copy has been previously provided.

Form 1221 for each adult applicant, regardless of whether or not a copy has been previously provided.

Curriculum vitae (CV) for each adult applicant, regardless of whether or not a copy has been previously provided.

Any other evidence to support your visa application (please see the link below for the subclass for which you have applied)

Form 80 instructions

Form 80 must be completed in full.

Do not use acronyms or abbreviations (i.e. do not use ‘MBA’, please write ’Masters of Business Administration&rsquowink.gif.

Provide the details of all travel documents ever held.

Ensure that there are no gaps in dates for addresses, employment and education information.

Full residential addresses for every month of every year for the last 10 years, including your current address.

All employment history, with no gaps, including periods of unemployment. Include informal, unpaid and self-employment; and include

o dates

o names and address of employers

o country

o type of business

o occupation

If you have been unemployed for any period please write 'unemployed' and state the dates of unemployment including -

o How you occupied your time

o How you financially supported yourself during periods of unemployment

Entire educational history from childhood to the present. Include current courses, courses completed or withdrawn (include dates, name and address of institution, country and name of course studied).

o Please clarify whether all courses you have undertaken were at the level of diploma, bachelor, master, etc.

o Please provide the course outcome for all education.

If there was a gap between the completion of your studies and your examination you must indicate all activity during the period.

Provide details of all family members including:

o Family name (in the case of Chinese citizens, full Chinese name [in Pinyin transliteration] with Chinese Commercial Code [CCC] numbers. For Russian citizens, include Patronymic)

o Given names

o Other names (including maiden name, alias, previous names)

o Date of birth

o Place of birth (town/city, state/province, country)

o Sex

o Citizenship/nationality details

o Country where living now (if not living write deceased)

Provide details of your proposed arrival date in Australia.

o If you do not know your proposed arrival date in Australia please state 'unknown'.

o If you are already in Australia please state 'already onshore'.

o State the purpose of your journey and your intended residential address (you must nominate a city and State/Territory) – also list all International travel

Avoid the use of N/A

Dates should be provided in the format dd/mm/yyyy

Form 1221 instructions

Form 1221 should be fully completed.

List details of qualifications, workshops attended, conferences or seminars attended as well as any research papers you have published. If these are numerous, please attach on a Word document.

Attach all details in relation to any thesis undertaken.

Curriculum vitae should include:

Name(s) and date of birth.

All contact details (postal, residential, email, telephone numbers).

Full employment history.

Full academic history.

Referees.

Timeframe for response

You must respond to this request within 28 days after you are taken to have received this email. You are taken to have received it at the end of the day it was transmitted.

If we do not receive any response from you within the timeframe specified above, or if your response is unsatisfactory or incomplete, then in accordance with legislation, this application may be decided based on the available information.

Medical examinations and police clearance certificates

It is not necessary to provide new medical examination results or police clearance certificates at this time unless you have been requested to provide this evidence in separate correspondence.

Changes to circumstances

If circumstances have changed since the lodgement of this visa application, and as a result an answer to a question on the visa application form or the information given to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship about this visa application is no longer correct, you must advise us in writing as soon as possible.

Please make sure that you include your name, date of birth and Application ID when you write to us.

Examples of changes in circumstances include:

changes to address and/or contact details

changes to employment, (such as a new job)

obtaining a new passport

you or a secondary applicant has become pregnant

new member of the family unit

discovery that information previously provided is incorrect.

You can provide this information to the GSM processing office by email, together with any accompanying documents. If you are notifying the department of a change to your email address by sending an email from your new email address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorised the change.

The following forms are useful for notifying the department of changes in circumstances and are available on the departmental website at Applications and Forms - Visas & Immigration or at any of our offices:

Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details

Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances

Form 1436 Adding an additional applicant after lodgement (if eligible)

Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s)

Providing documentation

To provide additional documents for an e-visa application, please attach colour scans of the documents online via the following link:

Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Online Application.

If you cannot attach documents online, you may email the documents as scanned attachments togsm.documents@immi.gov.au. If you are allocated a case officer before you provide documentation, please forward all requested information to your case officer.

Withdrawing your application

This application can be withdrawn at any stage during processing. If any applicant wishes to withdraw their application, they must advise the department in writing.

In order to withdraw, please send signed written withdrawal advice with the full name, date of birth, date of application, file reference number/transaction record number and passport number of the primary applicant in order for this request to be processed. This advice can include any number of applicants but must be signed by each person aged 18 years and over.

Information on withdrawals is available at Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Withdrawing General Skilled Migration Visa Applications.

Regards

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

This document may contain personal identifiers and personal information as defined under the Migration Act 1958 or Australian Citizenship Act 2007, and can only be used for purposes under these Acts.

This document may contain ‘personal identifiers’ and ‘personal information’ as defined under the Migration Act 1958 or Australian Citizenship Act 2007, and can only be used for purposes under these Acts.

Also good news! My friend got this letter today morning!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you concerning the General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclass 175 visa application for the primary applicant listed above, lodged on 21/03/2009, and to request further information to assist in the smooth allocation and processing of this application.

Allocation of your application

Please note that a case officer has not been allocated at this time. However applications in Priority Group 5 are scheduled to be allocated over the next twelve months and the information below is required to progress this application. Application documentation will be only assessed after a case officer has been allocated, and therefore online checklists will not be updated until that time.

That's really good news and a healthy development for all Cat5 applicants.....

whats pretty bad news for many of us....

look what answer i got from the diac for complaining...

The department is required to consider the number of available places for specific visa categories. Due to the number of places available for SRS applicants this program year, the department will limit the processing of cases in this visa category. This will mean that many current Priority Group 5 SRS applicants will not have their applications processed in the 2013-14 program year.

hi Leoj76

May I ask what sub class are you on? when you did you put in your application?

it is truly shocking to get such feedback from diac, I thought miracle will happened this year but such news really really has set me back.

so does that mean for 2013 - 2014 year program they will cease all Cat 5 applications?

hi Leoj76

May I ask what sub class are you on? when you did you put in your application?

it is truly shocking to get such feedback from diac, I thought miracle will happened this year but such news really really has set me back.

so does that mean for 2013 - 2014 year program they will cease all Cat 5 applications?

I think it is only for SRS applications. The people on a 175 is getting different feedback...like they will process all in the 2013-2014 financial year

Just want to hear about 176 FS now.

We were hoping to be capped and ceased as our intentions to migrate have changed now. My parents still live in Oz (now recognised citizens) but we have put down new roots here and I have started a new career path. Ironically with the new qualifications and skills gained since my original application my family would be in a better position to apply now and would not have to wait too long under Skills Select. I'd rather have a refund on my current application than wait in Limbo any longer, and start fresh later.

please do not make hope less:no: the awaiting positive categury5 guys in site, if you wana change your way then go for it, we will pray for your next carrier. :notworthy:

We were hoping to be capped and ceased as our intentions to migrate have changed now. My parents still live in Oz (now recognised citizens) but we have put down new roots here and I have started a new career path. Ironically with the new qualifications and skills gained since my original application my family would be in a better position to apply now and would not have to wait too long under Skills Select. I'd rather have a refund on my current application than wait in Limbo any longer, and start fresh later.

Archived