New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Rahulpatel:

I did not get a personalised reply, only an auto reply, as did my sponsor (brother) who happens to live in Burke's Constituency.

Bulldog:

harassment!?!?!?!?!?

This is harassment? this is the most civilised way to deal with a situation where we have been treated in the most unfair way among all the immigration visa classes! Brother, waiting without ANY NEWS WHATSOEVER for 4-7 plus years and just writing to them asking them to at least tell us a time frame when they will start looking into our offshore cases is what your dictionary classifies as 'harassment'?

We are just asking for information and update, for goodness sake! Isn't it our right?

When the allocation timetable update is delayed by even a day, so many people get restless and post lamenting about it and we have had no update in any of the update - even the one you have given has no update about us and writing to them for it is harassment!

Trust me if i have been there i would have gone to their office time and time again and some of us had our sponsors write to them. My brother lives in Sydney and in Burke's Constituency and he has written and left all his details.

We know they will not start processing our cases just because we are writing but at least they will realise that we are there and impatient and take note of our plight, which they have not been doing. So what if the minister changes, we want to at least send the wheel spinning in the hope that our cases will start moving at least this financial year.

So far we have waited till the end of each financial year hoping that our turn will come but it has not, if we want this financial year not to end in disappointment then we need to start making a noise from now so that we are heard and paid some attention to by the time the year ends and they have some places left over to spare for Cat 5ers.

What else can we do? Take a boat?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BULLDOG

Its unfortunate that this country plays immigration politics whether its boat people or students or offshore. All of us have suffered. But liberal is what we need from this election. Labour are not good. Remember uncel John. Every thing was fine in his era. People come and get residency in 2 yrs

Bulldog:

harassment!?!?!?!?!?

This is harassment? this is the most civilised way to deal with a situation where we have been treated in the most unfair way among all the immigration visa classes! Brother, waiting without ANY NEWS WHATSOEVER for 4-7 plus years and just writing to them asking them to at least tell us a time frame when they will start looking into our offshore cases is what your dictionary classifies as 'harassment'?

We are just asking for information and update, for goodness sake! Isn't it our right?

We know they will not start processing our cases just because we are writing but at least they will realise that we are there and impatient and take note of our plight, which they have not been doing.

I am afraid more calls and more work other than 'processing work' thrown at DIAC will delay our applications being processed further Arshad. Yes it is perfectly right for any of us to find our voice and use it. Without trying to be harsh, it will be treated as a 'harrassment' by anyone who receives your or my complaint letters. Our sponsors are the only one who has a voice that matters in Australia. Not us. Us being impatient is hardly a matter to anyone in Australia other than our sponsors.

@Bulldog you need to predict the next timetable and you are set I reckon :P

Z

Guest leoj76

Hi Arshad... i done two weeks ago.... and do it gain this morning... i also lodge a complain at the departement...this morning

Guest BULLDOG
I

Z

i cant predict anything bud, i just pass on info provided to me, i was informed table gets updated after every 3rd Monday. now this thing is like allocating CO, very random, this table gets updated from Adelaide and only 1 person looks after this,.... hope this helps.

i cant predict anything bud, i just pass on info provided to me, i was informed table gets updated after every 3rd Monday. now this thing is like allocating CO, very random, this table gets updated from Adelaide and only 1 person looks after this,.... hope this helps.

I was very much kidding myself on that one so you don't have to worry big fella. Let's see if they do update on 18th, which is the 3rd monday of this month. Thanks for trying to find out though. I am sure guys appreciate any and all information here.

Please explain how you are saying that this is 100% correct information. I am not doubting it but no predictions have been ever true in case of our 176 so we have believed and been disappointed too many times before by other predictions. Well, at least this time there are no false hopes as there is NO HOPE AT ALL it seems! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

hey arshad ,

its immi insider . u trust it or not up to u .

Guest BULLDOG

i just spoke to him on phone and have asked him to get us next update details, he has asked me to buy him a beer which im happy to do next weekend for him. will keep you guys updated

i just spoke to him on phone and have asked him to get us next update details, he has asked me to buy him a beer which im happy to do next weekend for him. will keep you guys updated

Tell him I just may add Sydney's finest pub-brewed beer if it passes end of Dec 2009 mark. Let me know when you are getting him a beer :P (msg msg!)

I am afraid more calls and more work other than 'processing work' thrown at DIAC will delay our applications being processed further Arshad. Yes it is perfectly right for any of us to find our voice and use it. Without trying to be harsh, it will be treated as a 'harrassment' by anyone who receives your or my complaint letters. Our sponsors are the only one who has a voice that matters in Australia. Not us. Us being impatient is hardly a matter to anyone in Australia other than our sponsors.

Z

@Zionking

Please first read the post where the discussion of mailing 'to the minister of immigration' took place before arriving on any verdict of the simple act of mailing to request for offshore 176 FS subclass to be started being an act of 'harrassment'.

 the letter suggested and sent by some of us (the draft of which is available on this thread if you care to browse back) is simply one that requests them to start processing our offshore cases and at least inform us about when we can expect it to start so that our plans and lifes can move on more smoothly. it was not one that draws attention towards our individual cases asking about when things will move on in our particular case that would require anyone to make the effort of opening up different particular files to write back with specific information about any specific case.

None of us have case officers so no case officer will have to leave his regular work to look into our case. So how does this increase the workload of DIAC?

 Again if you care to look at the post http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/118718-new-category-5s-where-you-now-19.html#post1936278012

you will see that there was never a suggestion of making a complain. the heading was Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing. you call this 'harrassment'?

 the mail i send and I think the others too, were NOT TO DIAC but to the minister of immigration and his personal website. If Tony Burke personally processes any visa files and grants visas, then i am really sorry for delaying any of your cases while he was busy reading our mails!

here are the emails I had suggested for mailing:

http://www.tonyburke.com.au/get-in-touch/

minister@immi.gov.au.

Tony.Burke.MP@aph.gov.au

Posted in message at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tony.burke.mp

I will now send him a mail saying that I am so sorry for 'harrassing' him!!!

 We are offshore and there was never a suggestion of calling up DIAC, so don't worry no CO was kept busy answering our phone while he was working on any of the files.

 yes I know our state of misery does not matter to them and will have no effect on them. But after waiting patiently for years now that we have sent less than a handful of mails to the minister's office you think that has been an improper way of acting? Onshore people, both with and without COs have called up DIAC and mailed to their COs time and time again and that was not 'harrassment' but when we send a request to let them know that we exist, you feel it's not the done thing?

But I guess you are right, after all i am not in Australia and do not know enough about the Australian etiquettes to act in the right way. Thank you for showing me the light....

@Zionking

Please first read the post where the discussion of mailing 'to the minister of immigration' took place before arriving on any verdict of the simple act of mailing to request for offshore 176 FS subclass to be started being an act of 'harrassment'.

 the letter suggested and sent by some of us (the draft of which is available on this thread if you care to browse back) is simply one that requests them to start processing our offshore cases and at least inform us about when we can expect it to start so that our plans and lifes can move on more smoothly. it was not one that draws attention towards our individual cases asking about when things will move on in our particular case that would require anyone to make the effort of opening up different particular files to write back with specific information about any specific case.

None of us have case officers so no case officer will have to leave his regular work to look into our case. So how does this increase the workload of DIAC?

 Again if you care to look at the post http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/118718-new-category-5s-where-you-now-19.html#post1936278012

you will see that there was never a suggestion of making a complain. the heading was Request for starting GSM 176 and 475 Family Sponsored Category 5 (offshore) visa processing. you call this 'harrassment'?

 the mail i send and I think the others too, were NOT TO DIAC but to the minister of immigration and his personal website. If Tony Burke personally processes any visa files and grants visas, then i am really sorry for delaying any of your cases while he was busy reading our mails!

here are the emails I had suggested for mailing:

http://www.tonyburke.com.au/get-in-touch/

minister@immi.gov.au.

Tony.Burke.MP@aph.gov.au

Posted in message at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tony.burke.mp

I will now send him a mail saying that I am so sorry for 'harrassing' him!!!

 We are offshore and there was never a suggestion of calling up DIAC, so don't worry no CO was kept busy answering our phone while he was working on any of the files.

 yes I know our state of misery does not matter to them and will have no effect on them. But after waiting patiently for years now that we have sent less than a handful of mails to the minister's office you think that has been an improper way of acting? Onshore people, both with and without COs have called up DIAC and mailed to their COs time and time again and that was not 'harrassment' but when we send a request to let them know that we exist, you feel it's not the done thing?

But I guess you are right, after all i am not in Australia and do not know enough about the Australian etiquettes to act in the right way. Thank you for showing me the light....

Sorry Arshad, I didn't even bother reading your post above in its entirety, because:

1. I am not saying that what you and others wrote to various public figures were a harrassment. I do not hold this opinion, nor will I ever.

2. I was merely pointing out that whatever we send or say has no bearing, nor will it be considered 'need to read'. Therefore, I am merely pointing out that to anyone receiving them in big volume, will consider it as a harrassment.

3. There's no right or wrong here - there's consequences. Calling DIAC and writing to them will increase their workload. This could very well cause my aforementioned consequences.

I know I sound like a snotty smart ass, but I am in no way telling you that you are harrassing anyone.

Sorry Arshad, I didn't even bother reading your post above in its entirety, because:

1. I am not saying that what you and others wrote to various public figures were a harrassment. I do not hold this opinion, nor will I ever.

2. I was merely pointing out that whatever we send or say has no bearing, nor will it be considered 'need to read'. Therefore, I am merely pointing out that to anyone receiving them in big volume, will consider it as a harrassment.

3. There's no right or wrong here - there's consequences. Calling DIAC and writing to them will increase their workload. This could very well cause my aforementioned consequences.

I know I sound like a snotty smart ass, but I am in no way telling you that you are harrassing anyone.

Four long years and still no light at the end of the tunnel has made me ready to fly off the lid at the slightest of excuses, so that's why i gave the long lecture, vented out a bit of frustration, feeling calmer now...

Yes i knew what you meant but I guess i just had to have my say, No problem. we are all frustrated and disappointed, May our misery end soon!

Guest QUYENQUANGT

hi all just like to share that i have been granted pr today.

it took roughly 3 weeks.

ANU do you have co yet?

Guest QUYENQUANGT
Hey mate - you can search QUYENQUANGT's other posts when logged in to find this. Question though - Are you from the low risk country Quyen?

Im from vietnam

Guest QUYENQUANGT
Ok so non ETA country... (that's what low risk countries are..)

Where are you from? What's your time line

Archived