New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sun lovers
Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Thankyou been watching cat 4's and was so pleased when you got your case officer. Don't post much as was in Cat 5, was just hoping they would get round to 5's at some point and still do. Been waiting since Dec 2008 and sort of lost hope. havent stopped smiling all day x

Thankyou been watching cat 4's and was so pleased when you got your case officer. Don't post much as was in Cat 5, was just hoping they would get round to 5's at some point and still do. Been waiting since Dec 2008 and sort of lost hope. havent stopped smiling all day x

I so know how you feel as I was in cat 5 until they put my husbands occupation back on the SOL, I never thought we would reach this day but we are here and cat 5 isn't far behind.

Tania

Guest garynhelen
Hi i only looked to see how the cat 4's were getting on, and seen the post about hairdressing being back on WA list. is it really true. i have looked but not sure i'm looking at right page. been waiting since 2008 and can't quite beleive it. i so hope your right x

Thanks for posting this. If I hadn't read this, I wouldn't have checked to see if we're on it. And we are!!!! Woop Woop!

Just waiting for a reply re a query on the skills assessment and IELTS as they are both over two years old and so out of date!

Guest sun lovers

It was Majorie c that brought it to my attention i wouldn't of checked either, still can't beleive it keep thinking is it the right list, just been so long. We did 175 in Dec 08, then got state sponsered 176 in june 2010, just b4 the July cut off. Wonder how long it will take now x

Guest JennyReid
maybe I'm wrong, but at the moment they seem to be able to process applications on a quicker rate than the incoming rate: nearly all categories are processed rather quickly, and on top of that they did two months of cat4 in two weeks. So there is some overcapacity, right? That could mean that by the time they cleared the cat4 backlog, that overcapacity can be used for cat5ers?

whilst DIAC proccesing time for OFFSHORE 175 has jumped around 84 days, has everyone noticed they just updated 5 days for onshore 885/886 cat 4 from 26th to 30th ?. I noticed this after just speaking with a DIAC staff over the phone, he said there are around 3500 onshore applications lodged in June 2011 ONLY !! :shocked: as onshore people tried to beat the new point test coming into effect on 1st of July 2011. so In my opinion, This is thus not like DIAC has been able to process appications much much quicker than before ( dont be fooled :cry:) but it happes simply DIAC is just moving most of their human resources to focus on the offshore applicants at the moment. As to CAT 5...what we can do is just fingers and toes crossed as DIAC has proved us to be very sneaky..:frown: :cry: if they just move 5 days every 2 weeks I don't think they will start processing cat 5 this financial year! :cry:

whilst DIAC proccesing time for OFFSHORE 175 has jumped around 84 days, has everyone noticed they just updated 5 days for onshore 885/886 cat 4 from 26th to 30th ?. I noticed this after just speaking with a DIAC staff over the phone, he said there are around 3500 onshore applications lodged in June 2011 ONLY !! :shocked: as onshore people tried to beat the new point test coming into effect on 1st of July 2011. so In my opinion, This is thus not like DIAC has been able to process appications much much quicker than before ( dont be fooled :cry:) but it happes simply DIAC is just moving most of their human resources to focus on the offshore applicants at the moment. As to CAT 5...what we can do is just fingers and toes crossed as DIAC has proved us to be very sneaky..:frown: :cry: if they just move 5 days every 2 weeks I don't think they will start processing cat 5 this financial year! :cry:

Seriously, calm down and think of the situation clearer -

This financial year ends NEXT july. as in, more than 10 full months. ticked

From what we can get is that they have allocated almost all May onshore applicants - which means June will be hectic, but have you also considered the possible (and probable) massive drop in number of applicants from July with new points system? ticked

I do not know where you got this 'moving manpower to offshore' from but if it is not a written confirmation, it's as good as a here'say ticked

What we as cat 5 really need to worry is the amount of applications coming through AFTER july 2011 for onshore, and amount of applicants coming through from offshore from the beginning of 2011 onwards.

Until we have clear idea of those two above, we wait. Any and all calculation and analysis of 'how fast it is processing now' are meaningless really.

Well,

you guys need to understand that they are very fast in processing of category 4 applications which were launched after January 2011, They are allocating the case officers to these applications within one or two months of their applications date. In some cases applicants got the decision within 3 to 4 months of their application.

SO I think there are very less number of application in after January , February 2011. So I would expect to start category 5 in coming few months.

Hey VB,

Love you're new found positive attitude :hug: I too believe they will start processing Cat 5 soon. So my mindset has now totally taken a different direction. Not 'when, when,...' but 'what if then, and then'. Puts a whole new different perspecitve on the matter. Good Luck to us all!

We have had 4 with CO so far this week one is from February :biggrin::biggrin: so things are still moving Good luck to you all.

Tania

Guest JennyReid

Oh..well thought to put the info on this thread to keep both our feet on the ground ..:embarrassed:

Anyway I guess you guys all are sort of right, I just think what we all should do at the moment is just wait, see and stay positive!!! Until…, as VB said above, 23rd of this month when we all anxiously are seeing the next update!.

I just do REALLY hope what DIAC chap informed me on the insane number of the onshore (and possibly offshore too) applications PR coming in in June 2011 that could possibly bring the processing time of cat 4 OVERALL moving back at a fat snail’s pace again is WRONG… :yes::yes::yes:

We’ll see we’ll see :jiggy::jiggy:

VB is right there that what we should be really worried is just the cat 4 backlog (BOTH offshore and onshore)..Nothing else

VB

next update will be Friday 23 of September

Hi, Rahul

I never forget this 23rd Sep date, this date totally chaged my & my family members life.

hope this 23rd changes will be in favour of cat 5.

jackd.:notworthy:

Applicants that have CO's assigned

July 2011

week 27

week 28

week 29

week 30: Propellerboy

August 2011

Week 31:

week 32:

week 33:gurram jai

week 34: Eddie2010 (Jodie)

week 35: Anlopa, mandymark

September 2011

week 36:Reco5150 , dfrolic , crystal2005, TraxFM, TANIAHOLMES, Asjad

week 37:Core,Amer ,Jandleen, Rebekah, Laura Condon, suandianbrown,

week 38:

week 39:

October 2011

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Visas granted since the 1st July 2011

August 2011

Week 31: rif2arif

week 32:

week 33:

week 34:flippity Propellerboy, tipt,polkadot,

week 35 :Zurrieq

September 2011

week 36: mjkwon

week 37:

week 38:

week 39:

Here above shows who has been granted visa and who has been given CO also how many in each week like week 37 that we are on now their are 6 with a C0

Hope this shows you that things are picking up speed.

All the best Tania

Applicants that have CO's assigned

July 2011

week 27

week 28

week 29

week 30: Propellerboy

August 2011

Week 31:

week 32:

week 33:gurram jai

week 34: Eddie2010 (Jodie)

week 35: Anlopa, mandymark

September 2011

week 36:Reco5150 , dfrolic , crystal2005, TraxFM, TANIAHOLMES, Asjad

week 37:Core,Amer ,Jandleen, Rebekah, Laura Condon, suandianbrown,

week 38:

week 39:

October 2011

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Visas granted since the 1st July 2011

August 2011

Week 31: rif2arif

week 32:

week 33:

week 34:flippity Propellerboy, tipt,polkadot,

week 35 :Zurrieq

September 2011

week 36: mjkwon

week 37:

week 38:

week 39:

Here above shows who has been granted visa and who has been given CO also how many in each week like week 37 that we are on now their are 6 with a C0

Hope this shows you that things are picking up speed.

All the best Tania

Tania

What we need to know is how many cat 4s who applied in February and March 2011 got COs. That is where i can see some action. Is there a way to know.

Regards,

Rahul

Tania

What we need to know is how many cat 4s who applied in February and March 2011 got COs. That is where i can see some action. Is there a way to know.

Regards,

Rahul

at the first page of Tania's cat4-thread you can find the info from the ones who added their details, including when they applied.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/121645-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-a.html

Hi Majorie

Just to let you know i still could'nt beleive we had been put back on, so got up early and rang WA this morning, and yes we r in cat 3. they said it can move fast now but wouldn't give time line. :biggrin:

Hang on that link is that an upto date SMP list hairdressers is on that list does it mean that it is up to CAT 3???

Archived