New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Please be specific on that, Cat - 5 moved to Cat - 3 or simply just Cat-5? If they were Cat5, when did they apply? As VB waiting for 4 years, shouldnt be his clients processed ahead of him.

Could you check that out for us?

I agree, they are on a 176, which is sponsorship I do not think it was a straight forward 175 from a cat 5 I personally think they have movd up to Cat 3 status.

I sincerely hope all of the Cat 5's move up as soon as possible espically VB who has been waiting 4+ years we know how it feels we was 2 weeks off of a 3 year wait for a CO.

Keep the spirit up.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello bajwa ji ! I know its really hard that you are waiting from last 4 years but i still believe very strongly that u will hear good news very shortly . There is no doubt things are really moving fast now with immigration . Being in australia from last 4 years i strongly believe that they cannot go for cap and cease option . It means they have to process you doesnt matter what . I applied for 885 and waiting from last 1.5 years and i do believe when cat 5 will started u will be one of them to say i got CO . Congrats to Chris N Lora as well that they got their CO and hope to hear good news from them ( Visa Granted) its good to see any goodnews for hairdressers after longtime as cooks and hairdressers being treated like war criminals from DIAC .

I agree, they are on a 176, which is sponsorship I do not think it was a straight forward 175 from a cat 5 I personally think they have movd up to Cat 3 status.

I sincerely hope all of the Cat 5's move up as soon as possible espically VB who has been waiting 4+ years we know how it feels we was 2 weeks off of a 3 year wait for a CO.

Keep the spirit up.

Hi, do you have any estimate about how many from Cat 5 just moved to Cat 3? I think this is mostly offshore applicants as they only give it to onshore applicant with a history of studying or working in WA.

Do you have any estimate? I believe it is a lot, but not like half of all applications.

hi cat4er,

Hmmm u can check our timeline sheets. U can see how many are in pink colour which means those who moved to cat 3 from cat 5 after july 11. I was thinking of mergine cat 3, cat 4 and cat 5 timelines so that each moderator of the timelines can update and check in one link. Thanks

Thanks

One week to go before the next update but be prepared for more disappointment. :frown::cry:

YEs Rahul that's true,

There is nothing more than a dissappointment for us. WEll in coming few weeks there is SMP of ACT and Queensland. So there will be more applicants in case of category 3. So I do not think they will be touching category 5. There is only one way to process category 5 and that is to move up the to priority processing ladder by applying for one of the SMP of states.

But sad news for both of us is that we can not do that. Because there is no transitional arrangements for 496. ANd Victoria has already announced their SMP and we are not onto that.

All the dissappointment and frustration. How can we say that system is improving. Atleast not for us. System is getting worse for us. WE are waiting for something which is provisional application. The people who applied with us during August 2007 are onto their Permanent Residentship and we are still struggling for Provisional application decision.

YEs Rahul that's true,

There is nothing more than a dissappointment for us. WEll in coming few weeks there is SMP of ACT and Queensland. So there will be more applicants in case of category 3. So I do not think they will be touching category 5. There is only one way to process category 5 and that is to move up the to priority processing ladder by applying for one of the SMP of states.....

They have categorically stated in writing that they will process some CAT 5's this financial year. That means allocating COs to Cat 5!!!!! Not Cat 3, or Cat 4. Otherwise why even mention Cat 5 in the processing priority. Naturally I understand that after waiting for over 4 years you are, quite rightly, suspicious, BUT and this is a big BUT, it gives DIAC a hugely BAD NAME if they just did not start on Cat 5s EVER. There are a lot of Migration Seminars held all over the world trying to attract skilled migrants. I don't for one minute believe DIAC would want bad publicity, neither does the Australian Government! Trust me, they will commence processing of Cat 5's very soon. Remember we have all paid for our application! They have a legal obligation there somewhere. Keep the Faith:yes:

YEs Rahul that's true,

There is nothing more than a dissappointment for us. WEll in coming few weeks there is SMP of ACT and Queensland. So there will be more applicants in case of category 3. So I do not think they will be touching category 5. There is only one way to process category 5 and that is to move up the to priority processing ladder by applying for one of the SMP of states.....

They have categorically stated in writing that they will process some CAT 5's this financial year. That means allocating COs to Cat 5!!!!! Not Cat 3, or Cat 4. Otherwise why even mention Cat 5 in the processing priority. Naturally I understand that after waiting for over 4 years you are, quite rightly, suspicious, BUT and this is a big BUT, it gives DIAC a hugely BAD NAME if they just did not start on Cat 5s EVER. There are a lot of Migration Seminars held all over the world trying to attract skilled migrants. I don't for one minute believe DIAC would want bad publicity, neither does the Australian Government! Trust me, they will commence processing of Cat 5's very soon. Remember we have all paid for our application! They have a legal obligation there somewhere. Keep the Faith:yes:

As if they care two hoots about getting a BAD NAME.

Hi guys!!

I am also in Category 5's Cook 885. I have applied 885 Visa on Aug 2008.

I have been waiting this visa 3 years like everyone in this room.

My concern is there are a lot of rumors but our Category 5's like

either DIAC could cancel the cat'5 application, never process the application or process the applications in this financial year. It make me feel not secure about my future.

My situation is now I could get the sponsorship from my boss (RSMS) in NT. Now I am working as a sous chef in a hotel in NT. I also have a relationship with my partner (aussie) for over the year which make me another pathway to get PR by Partner visa.

Just want to ask u guys advices which one should I choose.

1) just be patient with 885 Cat 5's cause It will be processed soon this financial year

2) go for RSMS I have heard that it is very fast 4 weeks however I also heard that somebody waiting for RSMS for 8 months still not getting it

3) Partner visa which can not be cap or cease I will get it but have to get TR for 2 years and after that PR.

please help me to make a decision

Cheers guys

iBoon

Hi guys!!

I am also in Category 5's Cook 885. I have applied 885 Visa on Aug 2008.

I have been waiting this visa 3 years like everyone in this room.

My concern is there are a lot of rumors but our Category 5's like

either DIAC could cancel the cat'5 application, never process the application or process the applications in this financial year. It make me feel not secure about my future.

My situation is now I could get the sponsorship from my boss (RSMS) in NT. Now I am working as a sous chef in a hotel in NT. I also have a relationship with my partner (aussie) for over the year which make me another pathway to get PR by Partner visa.

Just want to ask u guys advices which one should I choose.

1) just be patient with 885 Cat 5's cause It will be processed soon this financial year

2) go for RSMS I have heard that it is very fast 4 weeks however I also heard that somebody waiting for RSMS for 8 months still not getting it

3) Partner visa which can not be cap or cease I will get it but have to get TR for 2 years and after that PR.

please help me to make a decision

Cheers guys

iBoon

Personally, I think you should go with the RSMS you have a good job settled why wait life is to short you have a partner another reason to settle where you are for now even if you are tied for 2 years it will fly by go for it and secure you future.

Wish you the best for what you decide.

Guest jophilips

hi mates!!!

sorry to bump in the thread but need some advices plz:

currently cat5 ,applied for TR dec2009>granted TR Jan 2011>applied 885 May 2011

if i`m lucky maybe will get PR in 2020...:arghh:

so was thinking of going to WA SS... is the transitional arrangement(which i`m eligible for)still applies for wa ss or is compulsory to go for the new point test???

Got only 6.5 overall in ielts and already working fulltime since 1.5years in hairdressing in melbourne.

Any advices would be welcome...i`m slightly depressed of not being able in control of my ddestiny:cry:

thanks to everyone....sorry if posted in wrong section,so hard to use mobile browser:dull:

Nothing is going to happen today....They will process only category 3 and category 4.. So there will be no hope for category 5..unless they start processing all the categories simaltaneously...including category 5....

We thought with the new SMP that we would not see any CO in cat 4 but we have had 2 get CO this week so hopefully cat 5 will see some action this financial year :biggrin:

Tania

you know, the only relevant proof that they gonna process cat 5 is the letters they to us personally re the processing of cat 5 THIS FINANCIAL YEAR. So why send the letter personally if they dont mean it??????

you know, the only relevant proof that they gonna process cat 5 is the letters they to us personally re the processing of cat 5 THIS FINANCIAL YEAR. So why send the letter personally if they dont mean it??????

so that we are pacified. Havent you heard of pacifiers, those are given to small children to keep them quiet:biggrin:

so that we are pacified. Havent you heard of pacifiers, those are given to small children to keep them quiet:biggrin:

lol. if thats the case, didnt they think that it doesnt help us to keep quite once they dont process us again? or when they fail to mean it?

didnt they think of the worse consequences, if they dont do it in this financial year? are they even THINKING AT ALL? NU!

Its a personal letter with your name on it. So let's take it as something soooo meaningful to us first time since we lodged our application...

Touché?

:skeptical:

Archived