New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

It's updated. You may check it allocation. Nothing changed for 176 .

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Hi,

I don't thnik DIAC has updated this side cause I think Last time also they reached till 10th dec 2010. Please anyone guide me on this.

Now a day's I have not regulary visit this site so, little bit confuse about update.

jackd.:notworthy:

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I don't thnik DIAC has updated this side cause I think Last time also they reached till 10th dec 2010. Please anyone guide me on this.

Now a day's I have not regulary visit this site so, little bit confuse about update.

I think you're right Jackd - it looks like they have only been processing the onshore Cat 4 applications in the last two weeks. :arghh:

Guest JennyReid
Dead end for Category 5 applicants.... DIAC is playing A puzzle game with category 5 applicants which has no end. Category 3 is added to the processing now as new SMPs are launched by few states. So they will prcoess them first..

yea this makes me sad, but I already knew it from DIAC's bloke I spoke over the phone and I posted this about DIAC going to slow down (BEFORE the SMPs from some states being released to the public )the other day yet most folks here said it's a rumour! you can see onshore cat 4 just moved only 5 days to 5th of june in each update over the last 3 updates !?:no: what the..?. to get just the end of JUNE (30th) ONLY for onshore applications to have COs allocated will be very likely to take till January 2012!! (let alone CO allocation for cat 4 OFFSHORE applicants!). I sort of smell a rat but again God knows what DIAC is planning!! :cry:

Hi,

Cat4er, that's what i meant by nothing changed. The allocation for cat4 still up to 10 dec 2010 on 176. If you do follow the previous update, you should know better!

I am getting confused you say you are on a 176.

We are on a 176 but moved up to cat 3 from cat 5.

We stil lhave not got a case officer yet. still got to wait 2-6 weeks even thought cat 4's are being assigned CO's should we complain. NO ... we have waited since Oct 08 for this everytime DIAC change the rules we have been affected.

We used to get very frustrated with all these rules and changes but it is out of our hands so we are just chilling.

Chris

Cat4er, that's what i meant by nothing changed. The allocation for cat4 still up to 10 dec 2010 on 176. If you do follow the previous update, you should know better!

Mate, I watch it closely, last change from 9 to 23/9/2011 was

Group 3 from 30/8/2011 to 7/9/2011

Group 4 from 1/12/2010 to 10/12/2010 for 175/non-SMP 176, from 30/5/2011 to 5/6/2011 and 15/5/2011 to 25/5/2011 for 885 online/paper recpectivelly.

So it is 8 days for Group 3 and 9, 5 and 10 for Group 4.

So what exactly did you mean by "nothing" has changed? They are falling behind as it has been 14 days, but there is still a progess.

Please do not confuse posters, just because someone did not notice.

imo. i think DIAC's actually way to process cat 5 is to tighten the requirements to give way for the backlog (cat 5) to be processed. u think they have started it also already? by moving some applications up to be processed by priority til cat 5 is cleared? coz in reality, it's so inefficient of them if they will wait for cat 4 to be finalized to process cat 5, other CO or staff for cat 1-cat3 are idle or what.

so the reality here is that, cat 5 is like a recycle bin, they restore us when they need anyone from our group... but just my theory tho

imo. i think DIAC's actually way to process cat 5 is so tighten the requirements to give way for the backlog (cat 5) to be processed. u think they have started it also already? by moving some applications up to be processed by priority til cat 5 is cleared? coz in reality, it's too inefficient of them if they will wait for cat 4 to be finalized to process cat 5, other CO or staff for cat 1-cat3 are idle or what.

so the reality here is that, cat 5 is like a recycle bin, they restore us when they need anyone from our group... but just my theory tho

Perfect observation.. I like this "RECYCLE BIN".....

imo. i think DIAC's actually way to process cat 5 is so tighten the requirements to give way for the backlog (cat 5) to be processed. u think they have started it also already? by moving some applications up to be processed by priority til cat 5 is cleared? ......

Totally agree with you. What better way to start Cat 5?! Sift through the applications with the most desirable first, ie. those now wanted by states, who have state sponsorship. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it. Some might say, quite sneaky by DIAC doing it this way, but in my opinion the logical way for them to act. Anyway, do not dispare Peeps, as new SMPs only come out once a year (correct me if I am wrong?), but certainly not every month, so I think we can take a breath. There will be a time, very, very soon in my humble opinion when DIAC will commence with the oldest applicants in Cat 5. I believe they will run this in concurrent sequence, both on and off shore, but with the on shore being processed a little faster, due to the checks etc. If you have any doubts, just remember the email we got ref. commencing processing of some Cat 5's in this financial year. It would be interesting though to know what the number are of all Cat 5 applications able to have moved into a higher priority? But alas I believe we will never know for sure. Can't be that many though ... Come on DIAC, give us all our well-deserved early Christmas Prezzies.:yes:

lets say, the only way to process cat 5 is to include our occupation in SOL (to get to cat 4) or include us in SMPs (to get to cat 3).. thats how they process cat 5!

i think SMPs are updated every three months? not so sure.... who knows those who arent SS will be included in the SOL because the fact here is, there's no way all apps before us will be finalized one day to get to cat 5, sinceeeeeee... every now and then there are new applications...

so we wait a little bit longgerr

Perfect observation.. I like this "RECYCLE BIN".....

YES. Their system has a feature to click the button to restore an applicant from recycle bin to it's original place.. at least we are not yet permanently deleted (capped and ceased)

heh

I am a cat 5 applied in sep 2008 Now My occupation is available in SA SMP list I can very well apply for the same but SA SMP Criteria has clearly mentioned that IELTS and Assessment should be valid date irrespective of application lodged with DIAC.So Iam not in a position to apply for SA SMP and have to still stay in cat 5

I am a cat 5 applied in sep 2008 ....

I should not worry too much - your application is an early one and I feel will be processed this financial year.

Also, thinking that 'Cat 5 will be processed by getting people out of this group into higher categories' is what DIAC means by processing some Cat 5s is, in my opinion, wrong! When people go up in Category, DIAC are still then 'processing the higher category', if you know what I mean. Processing isn't simply the moving of people out of one category into another - processing is when you get CO's assigned to your application!!! In the email I received it states for me to keep an eye on the Category before mine, ie. Cat 4 to see when it is getting close to be up-to-date and to be then prepared to book medicals and police checks! Come on guys. I know it's been a very frustrating wait - In December it will be 3 YEARS for me!!!!! Still, I honestly believe I have just been caught up in some nightmare re-structuring of Australia's Immigration System - Nothing more, nothing less. I don't take this personal, just being a tad unlucky :o) I'm sure DIAC will honour people's application in time. As I have said in previous posts - They might actually run out of people to process, ... albeit eventually!:biglaugh:

Well i only want to say that things are really moving very fast now 2 of my friends got their CO assigned for TR in just 10 months it used to take 18 to 22 months . So something shud happen very fast with cat 5 as well.

Welcome to the forum Sandhu ji,

But I am afraid. You are at wrong place. You are in a thread where nobody would believe that things are moving fast. Look at my timeline waiting since last 4 years. Still no confirmation.

I hope you get the decision soon.

Welcome to the forum Sandhu ji,

But I am afraid. You are at wrong place. You are in a thread where nobody would believe that things are moving fast. Look at my timeline waiting since last 4 years. Still no confirmation.

I hope you get the decision soon.

HI, Bajwaji.

I think Sandhuji might be right, Day before yesterday I spoke with my Agent & she told me 2 of her Clients from Cat -5 ( india) got Grant for 176 visa two weeks ago..

jackd:notworthy:

I am a cat 5 applied in sep 2008 Now My occupation is available in SA SMP list I can very well apply for the same but SA SMP Criteria has clearly mentioned that IELTS and Assessment should be valid date irrespective of application lodged with DIAC.So Iam not in a position to apply for SA SMP and have to still stay in cat 5

I think you can apply for State Sponsorship with current IELTS (les than 2 years) and then convert to 176, ask some agent about this

HI, Bajwaji.

I think Sandhuji might be right, Day before yesterday I spoke with my Agent & she told me 2 of her Clients from Cat -5 ( india) got Grant for 176 visa two weeks ago..

jackd:notworthy:

Please be specific on that, Cat - 5 moved to Cat - 3 or simply just Cat-5? If they were Cat5, when did they apply? As VB waiting for 4 years, shouldnt be his clients processed ahead of him.

Could you check that out for us?

Archived