New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have anything to support your claim expect for this call you made. A lot of people have called DIAC and have been given wrong information in the past. One erroneous call should not be the basis to get people to panic.

I happened to screenshot the updates

it is only moving 3 days for cat 4 visa 885,886, and 487

you have to question the seriousness of DIAC processing cat5 applications in this matter

what's next july?

more delaying tactics?

all of us move to newly created cat6 ?

sorry for the negativity, but my life is currently on hold from everything since 2 1/2 years ago, almost lost my girlfriend because I couldn't marry her

You guys have no idea the "amount" of ONSHORE applicants(886/885) lodging their applications in mid of June to beat the 1st of July 2011. Onshore applications just moved 3 days!! is that not enough to give you the hint ??? the last time I spoke to a DIAC chap over the phone he hinted tens of thousands, I repeat , TENS of THOUSANDS, OHSHORE PR applications lodged in Mid of June 2011!!! in the hope to beat 1st july 2011 new point system :cry: not to mention those who jumped from cat 5 to cat 4 as the result of Skill reassessment (ACS..etc). Anyways, just having the faith in DIAC , and we'll be fine and will get our visa in 2015+. :cry:

Hi,

I do not believe this as on shore skilled visa cannot be applied at any time unlike their offshore equivalents. Specific criteria must be met e.g. 2yrs study and eligible visa. A majority of onshore applicants in june 2011 are eligible for transitional arrangements and they can still use old points test.

Alex

Hi,

I do not believe this as on shore skilled visa cannot be applied at any time unlike their offshore equivalents. Specific criteria must be met e.g. 2yrs study and eligible visa. A majority of onshore applicants in june 2011 are eligible for transitional arrangements and they can still use old points test.

Alex

tens of thousands maybe a bit exaggeration, but it is the case, because they know each year DIAC raise the hurdle bar higher and higher

I experience such hurdle 2 years ago when I applied for general IELTS test, every band i got 7.5 except writing which is 6

even my brother who is a PHD candidate only got 6 for his writing

there lies the problem with IELTS it is VERY subjective with the examiner

tens of thousands maybe a bit exaggeration, but it is the case, because they know each year DIAC raise the hurdle bar higher and higher

I experience such hurdle 2 years ago when I applied for general IELTS test, every band i got 7.5 except writing which is 6

even my brother who is a PHD candidate only got 6 for his writing

there lies the problem with IELTS it is VERY subjective with the examiner

Hi there,

IELTS is a matter of training too. Especially writing section can be learnt. There are special techniques that can significantly increase your score if you use them. Maybe you should consider an IELTS preparation course. I have taken one and my score went up from 6.5 to 7.5 after 8 weeks. I also suspect IELTS maker that they make it as a test of intelligence.

Anyway, my point is that onshore applicants are not in most cases affected by 1st July 2011 changes and they can still use rules in force on 8Feb 2010, those less luckier at least for their 485 visa.

Alex

you have to question the seriousness of DIAC processing cat5 applications in this matter

what's next july?

more delaying tactics?

sorry for the negativity, but my life is currently on hold from everything since 2 1/2 years ago, almost lost my girlfriend because I couldn't marry her

OMG! you know we are in the same situation but u should visit her while waiting for your visa.. and personally as a girlfriend, i couldnt pressure my partner to marry me coz of the situation.. weve been together in long distance for 2 years and i just visit him so we be together until i get to Oz for good tho we have choices to do the other way instead of waiting this visa forever.

your gf must understand this. :(

what's next july?

more delaying tactics?

Can you give me all the screenshots so i can post them on our CAT 5 timeline sheets?

thanksssss

Here is the update....

Jump of one month guys..

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Category 3s are almost over. They will concenterate on category 4 now..

they cant just ONLY concentrate on cat 4, take note of the SMPs new occupations' removal and additions on their list (planning levels)... so it will lift some cat 5 to cat 3 again...

Hi any hairdressers out there who have not applied for state sponsorship? What are the chances of 885 visa holders getting a grant this year?

Dont give up hope

Well, Hang on in there. The hope will come if either Gillard loses her position and their is a reshuffle of all the politicians or if the opposition force an early election. The immgration system is failing miserably and there has to be a change sooner or later. My guess would be that if the opposition get in, then Migrants will get a fair go, but they will come down hard on the boat people. Australia still needs occupations of all kind and all I can say my friend is hang in there and stay determined.

John

Well these are words of a senior member of this forum from Melbourne. Well Thanks John for the words. But dear we can not afford to wait for more changes. So it means category 5 will never be processed. They are waiting for the killing time. Gillard Government will force the processing of category 5 on next Government. This is what I am facing since last 4 years....

with the imminent changes for july 2012, where fresh graduates could get 2 years working visa no question asked, I dread the changes would affect us cat5s once again.

it would be tougher for us to get jobs, where the company would easily pay far less to employ those fresh graduates and replace them in 2 years time

I know that the situation is not ideal for companies to retrain a batch of new recruit every 2 years, but the savings compared to wage increase is phenomenal

another positive way DIAC screw cat5s once again

Hi All! I've been absent for a while. Just catching up with the latest. Seems DIAC are making very good progress. To be honest I kept away on purpose for a while. That way I believe the monitoring of how things are progressing is much more objective and clearer. I agree with others on here that the first Cat 5ers will hear something in December, January. Also, judging by the progress table they may even get to clear a large chunk of Cat 5s before the Oz new financial year begins in July 2012! Seems that any new applications are dealt with double quick. Good Luck to us all

Hi All! I've been absent for a while. Just catching up with the latest. Seems DIAC are making very good progress. To be honest I kept away on purpose for a while. That way I believe the monitoring of how things are progressing is much more objective and clearer. I agree with others on here that the first Cat 5ers will hear something in December, January. Also, judging by the progress table they may even get to clear a large chunk of Cat 5s before the Oz new financial year begins in July 2012! Seems that any new applications are dealt with double quick. Good Luck to us all

I do not know whether your observations will work or not.. But whatever the outcome is you will be declared as "POSITIVE ENERGY" of category 5 applicants of this forum.Anyways keep charging us with this positive enrgy as there are lots of negative energy in this thread of category 5.

Thank you VB. In order to move to the other side of the earth, you have to be positive and have a Can-Do attitude. Because lets face it, apart from it being a new experience there will be a lot of very unfamiliar things surrounding you. Your comfort zone will be nil, apart from the beaches of course :o). So maybe this long-wait is a test of our inner strenght & resolve, who knows. I don't think Australia is a land of Milk & Honey, they have bad news over there too, but with a lot of good will, positive outlook and attitude it should be a fruitful place to be and allow you to live your dream if you have one :cute:

Thank you VB. In order to move to the other side of the earth, you have to be positive and have a Can-Do attitude. Because lets face it, apart from it being a new experience there will be a lot of very unfamiliar things surrounding you. Your comfort zone will be nil, apart from the beaches of course :o). So maybe this long-wait is a test of our inner strenght & resolve, who knows. I don't think Australia is a land of Milk & Honey, they have bad news over there too, but with a lot of good will, positive outlook and attitude it should be a fruitful place to be and allow you to live your dream if you have one :cute:

Probably true if they allow you to reach there in the first place:biggrin:

Guest nutkhut

Gday everybody, I am new to this forum .

I am an Electrical Engineer and applied for my RSMS 119, through a migration lawyer.i am actually very impressed by people sharing their timelines, which is really a help for people like me who are waiting at the moment. Thats why i m sharing mine as well, it might help someone

COngrats to all of em who recieved the PR and GudLUCK to them who are still waiting lols:)

i wud like to share my timeline and one question that HOW long does it take for people to get PR from High Risk Countries, my solicitor suggest by NOVEMBER 2011.

SA RCB Applied 6th April, 2011.

SA RCB Nomination Approved 30th May, 2011.

Medicals ( me n wife) sent JUNE,2011.

Applied for 2nd Nom and VISA 30th June, 2011.

Acknowledgment Received 4th July, 2011.

Cheerssss

Sorry no news but a try to keep this thread on 1st page !!!!!!

I really think that we are the (unwanted) for diac... Diac is now processing application lodge in march 2011.... have u realize that those people is only waiting for 9 motns to get there visa!!!! and we have been waiting more than 3 years.... if diac want to process all category 4 before looking at us.. guys we should wait very long again till july 2012 when they will close immigration for the implement of the new policies for 2013.

Sorry no news but a try to keep this thread on 1st page !!!!!!

Totally Agree! We are a large group and need to stay very vocal! It is nice when we get a relevant update and any progress in processing the backlog is very welcome. Let's hear it for us Cat 5's! Come on DIAC, we are getting closer by the day. Keep up the good work :spinny:

Totally Agree! We are a large group and need to stay very vocal! It is nice when we get a relevant update and any progress in processing the backlog is very welcome. Let's hear it for us Cat 5's! Come on DIAC, we are getting closer by the day. Keep up the good work :spinny:

still nice seeing some of us have an optimistic views

but I've seen again and again DIAC come up with a new measure out of the blue which in turn delay us again and again

don't forget that the new student visa regulation is massively loosen up that enabled fresh graduate to eligible for 2 years working visa straight from the door, which I bet would magically "delay" our PR processing time

When will australian government open their eyes that we cat 5's is paying taxes all these time, sometimes i feel we are lower priority than refugees on boats

:Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git:

still nice seeing some of us have an optimistic views

but I've seen again and again DIAC come up with a new measure out of the blue which in turn delay us again and again

don't forget that the new student visa regulation is massively loosen up that enabled fresh graduate to eligible for 2 years working visa straight from the door, which I bet would magically "delay" our PR processing time

When will australian government open their eyes that we cat 5's is paying taxes all these time, sometimes i feel we are lower priority than refugees on boats

:Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git::Randy-git:

Hey Jason,

I think that the new student visa regulation is a good step. Australia is loosing a lot of international students because there is no clear pathway for PR for genuine students who may wish to remain in the country after their studies. The two year work visa after graduation enables fresh graduates to look for employers who will be willing to sponsor them for a 457. I hope that they will abolish the three year work experience requirements for ENS because these fresh graduates will not have that experience after the two year work visa expires.

As for Cat 5, processing will commence one day. The whole freeze of applications mid next year should allow for some to be processed. How many is the question.

More wait wait wait

Hey Jason,

I think that the new student visa regulation is a good step. Australia is loosing a lot of international students because there is no clear pathway for PR for genuine students who may wish to remain in the country after their studies. The two year work visa after graduation enables fresh graduates to look for employers who will be willing to sponsor them for a 457. I hope that they will abolish the three year work experience requirements for ENS because these fresh graduates will not have that experience after the two year work visa expires.

As for Cat 5, processing will commence one day. The whole freeze of applications mid next year should allow for some to be processed. How many is the question.

More wait wait wait

fair point you made

oh, would you please elaborate about "The whole freeze of applications mid next year"?

is it the same thing that some of us experienced around 3+ years ago where DIAC still accepts PR applications but just let it pile high and process it when they feel like it?

my dear agent mentions that the backlog for cat 5s goes back to early 2008.

by my calculation and estimation by monitoring the 886 progression, my PR which i submit around september 2008 would have CO about late 2012

:yellow_guy_crazy_ty :yellow_guy_crazy_ty :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Archived