New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

DIMIA is planning to introduce a system copied from NZ's where you submit an Expression of Interest and then applicants are ranked somehow (assume something similar to the current points test). The highly rated applicants (say top 100) for a particular occupation say Accountant are given invitations to submit an application. They will not send invitations out for the first round of offers till Jan 2013. So when the new financial year begins in July 2012, there will be zero applications for GSM. I would assume ENS will continue, etc. Therefore some GSM visas may be processed. I hope that the new system has quotas as well. For example, an independent body decides how many Accountants Australia will accept in one financial year. Once that quota is reached that is it. I believe that sometimes too many people from one particular occupation are being let in and there seems to be no end to the shortage eg Accountants. I know too many people that change their occupations once they are here. Maybe give new immigrants a year or two to find a job they migrated as and if they aren't in their field, revoke their visa.

There are many Cat 5 applicants working in their field and I know one Accountant who just immigrated and now she wants to be a life coach with no interest whatsoever in Accounting. She did not study here either just FYI.

From what I hear there are onshore applicants from as early as 2006. This group has small numbers apparently.

Might have to wait for a new government...

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that DIMIA also introduces a new policy where onshore applicants esp those in Cat 5 who are currently working in their field are allowed to be processed ahead of those not working in their field. Most Cat 5 applicants have been waiting for 2-3 years which should have given them enough time to find a job in their field if they were serious about it. The wages should be equivalent to the ENS requirements (I think 49k for most occupations).

The reason why I am suggesting this is because in the end Australia want highly talented people to come live and work here, pay their taxes etc and not leech from Centrelink. The skills shortage will only be addressed if people actually are able to work in their field. I know Engineers from overseas who are working as cleaners. Life can really be harsh sometimes.

First get your Aussie friends or whoever you know of (AU Citizen), do not vote for this party where the darn Chris Bowen at for the next election. He's the one introduce this stupid and unfair priority processing! We may not know what next political party will do, atleast there might be hope that they will overule this unfair policy, god knows!

This Chris bowen made me ill whenever i heard his name.

I hope that DIMIA also introduces a new policy where onshore applicants esp those in Cat 5 who are currently working in their field are allowed to be processed ahead of those not working in their field. Most Cat 5 applicants have been waiting for 2-3 years which should have given them enough time to find a job in their field if they were serious about it. The wages should be equivalent to the ENS requirements (I think 49k for most occupations).

The reason why I am suggesting this is because in the end Australia want highly talented people to come live and work here, pay their taxes etc and not leech from Centrelink. The skills shortage will only be addressed if people actually are able to work in their field. I know Engineers from overseas who are working as cleaners. Life can really be harsh sometimes.

Yes, they should check whether you work in you nominated occupation before processing the application, fully agreed. Another question is what about the update :jiggy:

First get your Aussie friends or whoever you know of (AU Citizen), do not vote for this party where the darn Chris Bowen at for the next election. He's the one introduce this stupid and unfair priority processing! We may not know what next political party will do, atleast there might be hope that they will overule this unfair policy, god knows!

This Chris bowen made me ill whenever i heard his name.

the labour party is actually pretty allright under kevin rudd

net migration during his period is the highest ever if i'm not mistaken

the stupid freezing and priority processing is introduced during the ranga period

Hello , All

as you all know very well I am cat 5 applicant.

Today I have seen some changes in my online status page, not any document met or received just my date of application went to 1970's.

What does that mean, Is sombody viewed my application or it's changed automatically.

Any suggestion highly appriciated.

Yours

jackd:notworthy:

Hello , All

as you all know very well I am cat 5 applicant.

Today I have seen some changes in my online status page, not any document met or received just my date of application went to 1970's.

What does that mean, Is sombody viewed my application or it's changed automatically.

Any suggestion highly appriciated.

Yours

jackd:notworthy:

DIAC may wanted to mean, you applied before you born!!! (kidding)

It may or may not but after seeing your post I should check mine. Let me googled to find diac website......!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope for the best for you.

Guys,

I just checked my status online and it says, application being processed further. Updated on 20/10/2011. Does this mean I am about to get a case officer soon?

Cat 5, applied 25 Nov, 2008

Sounds like they are going thru the applications, it seems like a good news!

How about the documents, do you have Required, Received or Met staus on them?

Your answer is appreciated.

Sounds like they are going thru the applications, it seems like a good news!

How about the documents, do you have Required, Received or Met staus on them?

Your answer is appreciated.

Nothing, everything else is the same as it was before.

I do not want to give any importance to jackd's last post. This man has no credibility. He always talk on this forum to get the popularity.

Hello, Mr, Virtual_bajwa

:notworthy:Look mr bajwa I have not asked this question to you, what type of credibility u have I better know , & about popularity I don't wana popular on this site , I know I am the Best .

Thanks & Regard's

Hello, Mr, Virtual_bajwa

:notworthy:Look mr bajwa I have not asked this question to you, what type of credibility u have I better know , & about popularity I don't wana popular on this site , I know I am the Best .

Thanks & Regard's

trolling since 1970 ?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This guy has earlier stated that two of his friends from category 5 got the case officer. But till date he could not able to confirm that they are really from category 5 or not. This is really far from facts. Fact is there is no news of processing of first category 5 applicant. Such guys should be removed from the forum. As they create panic and mislead the forum members who are already suffering in the hands of long waiting...

Yes I can believe this that they will process some of category 5 during this year. But in past few months no category 5 applicant was processed.

trolling since 1970 ?

WHy are u making mockery of yourserlf on this forum. This forum is very well organised and well behaved forum, so I would suggest you to please do not write something which is not supported by the facts.

DIAC is processing feb 11 cat 4 applicants. They are taking minimum 15 days to process 1 month applicants, so to fininsh another 4 months applicants in cat 4 they will take till dec 11. Hence I hope they will start processing us after christmas

Hey Thilagamdiraviam,

Is there any changes in your online status like some of the forum members on this thread are claiming?

I am a paper applicant. So i dont have any status abt my appl.It would be great if DIAC start processing CAT 5 in parallel with other categories

yesterday i filled global feedback form and given idea to provide similar online status for paper based applicants, today they replied that my idea has been forwarded to concerned people, hope it could make a difference.

regards

SJS

yesterday i filled global feedback form and given idea to provide similar online status for paper based applicants, today they replied that my idea has been forwarded to concerned people, hope it could make a difference.

regards

SJS

That's great idea. I will also do the same today and would request others to please fill the feedback form. Sabir, Please it would be good if you please provide us with the exact link where you send the feedback to DIAC.

Archived