New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vick3
Finally got the E-Mail that i was waiting for.!!!!!!

CO allocated

Team 33

Asked AFP, PCC ,Medicals & copy of skills assessment:wink:..

Here is my Timeline

11 Feb 2009 -- VB 885 lodged

10 Apr 2012 -- CO allocated Team 33

Good Luck to all waiting applicants...

Hope that ur turn comes up soon..

Hey mlsdq can u update the spreadsheet plz...

. @Sammann congrats

Guest pippa1

Hi guys....

Got my visa granted today !!! Yay.... 886 family December 2008....very exciting:biggrin:

Thanks to everyone on here, and hang in there....

Have a great weekend peeps.

Guest vick3
Hi guys....

Got my visa granted today !!! Yay.... 886 family December 2008....very exciting:biggrin:

Congrats Pippa

Hi guys....

finally the light at the end of the tunnel

moreover its 886, which is my subclass

congratz...perfect timing for the weekend

I am 176-relative sponcered, journalist/editor, applied 28.9.2009.

Does anyone have any idea when they are going to start working on 176 offshore? hope they don't run out of visas when our time comes, and do you think this is an occupation that would seem desirable for the immigration people to approve. i am asking because i haven't seen anyone one of my profession in the forums. And we applied through a lawyer, does it make a difference if you apply yourself or through a lawyer? really in need of encouragement because I thought when they would get over 176 Cat 4 people till June 2011 they would come to Cat 5 but now they have moved on to Aug 9 2011.... it is confusing. thanks, any insight would be helpful.

Hi Arshad. We are all hoping and guessing that they will start on CAT 5 off-shore sometime in June/July. Fingers crossed. Applying through a lawyer is better than doing it yourself, simply that if there are any problems, you have professional advice at hand, which can be most useful! We are all (on CAT4 forum) guessing what date the DIAC are up to on their official up-date. My guess will be CAT 4 sometime in November. Keep the Faith, as that is only some 5 month away before processing of CAT 5 off-shores can begin. I know DIAC have been moving very fast, and I am hoping to see them completing the backlog of CAT 4's end of May, beginning of June this year! Really they are racing through the backlog. Anyway don't worry about the allocation numbers, because come July they will have a fresh allocation quota, so if the quota for 2011/12 is full, you're allocation would simply be 2012/13 :o) I'm sure it is in DIAC's interest to just go along with what they have been doing. The new EOI (Expression of Interest) will delay fresh applications anyway, in which time they should have caught up with the backlog :cute: Good Luck to us Off-shorers - let Live begin anew!

Thanks for such encouraging words, my laywer also tells me that we should expect something by the later half of the year. By the way,it seems i didn't make it clear, i am cat 5. and yes you are right come july and the new qouta for 2012-2013 will start and it just might become lucky for us who have been waiting so long (though there are so many people here who have been keeping their fingers crossed for 3-5 years! well done people), because the new applicants are going to take some time sorting out the skillselect requirements and applications will slow down.

Waiting makes so many plans go on hold that it just gets frustrating but since i have started coming to this forum in the last 2-3 months, i have felt much better reading about others like me and each time whe someone posts about getting a CO or visa, it feels so good sharing their joy, Congrats to all who have been successful and good luck to the rest of us. It will probably just take time but if we are worth it, we will get it! thanks again Bluecatcollectables.

Hi Arshad. We are all hoping and guessing that they will start on CAT 5 off-shore sometime in June/July. Fingers crossed. Applying through a lawyer is better than doing it yourself, simply that if there are any problems, you have professional advice at hand, which can be most useful! We are all (on CAT4 forum) guessing what date the DIAC are up to on their official up-date. My guess will be CAT 4 sometime in November. Keep the Faith, as that is only some 5 month away before processing of CAT 5 off-shores can begin. I know DIAC have been moving very fast, and I am hoping to see them completing the backlog of CAT 4's end of May, beginning of June this year! Really they are racing through the backlog. Anyway don't worry about the allocation numbers, because come July they will have a fresh allocation quota, so if the quota for 2011/12 is full, you're allocation would simply be 2012/13 :o) I'm sure it is in DIAC's interest to just go along with what they have been doing. The new EOI (Expression of Interest) will delay fresh applications anyway, in which time they should have caught up with the backlog :cute: Good Luck to us Off-shorers - let Live begin anew!

Can anybody tell me if CO when appointed takes interview telephonic or otherwise related to your occupation applied?

Has it happened with any applicant here in the forum in the past.

My present employer is in USA and I am working from home in my job so my official work address right now is my residential address. Can anybody give me inputs on this?

Thanks in advance....

Guest Perry Gondara

Hi guys....

congrats pippa...what was your occupation and date u applied in dec..if u can let me know plz...thanks

Guest indaussie

Hi everyone , we have a DIAC update and they reached up to 22 dec 2008. Better than last month. Looks like they speeding up again ... Hope they will keep the pace for next weeks to come ...

Hi everyone , we have a DIAC update and they reached up to 22 dec 2008. Better than last month. Looks like they speeding up again ... Hope they will keep the pace for next weeks to come ...

ONSHORE

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Within 4 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]22 December 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) subclass 886

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 487

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

OFFSHORE

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]12 September 2011[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Independent (Migrant) subclass 175

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

online[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) subclass 475

paper[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]**[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

HOPE Easter Holidays are over.. So will speed up now !!

Hi Guys,

just a thought popped up in my mind ...although they are at 22 dec but there will be rush of the appliction in higher priority because of july changes to priority 5 will be pushed further down ..hence affectiong the processing of the application.....just a thought ...

Hi Guys,

just a thought popped up in my mind ...although they are at 22 dec but there will be rush of the appliction in higher priority because of july changes to priority 5 will be pushed further down ..hence affectiong the processing of the application.....just a thought ...

hmmmm maybe but in my opinion it should not be as bad as last time because the current requirements are quite strict. Most international students cannot apply. Poor English is not tolerated anymore, etc.

Hi Guys,

Hi Mr Singh,

There will not be any changes in July.. Because of new skill set. Actually From july 2012 onwards there will be very less number of applications.

Actually it's a good movemnet for onshore category 5,but offshore category 4 has to wait little longer now.. Only 12 September.

With new subclasses coming after 30th June 2012 there wouldn't be difference between Onshore-Offshore thing after that. The processing will all be same for everyone. But I wonder what effect would it have on remaining 15,000 applicants in Group 5. What are the chances that Immigration Minister might exercise the Cap & Cease power on those applicants like it was done on pre 07 applicants. Group 5 occupations are anyways not in demand in Australia so I think no one knows whats gona happen after 1st July 2012.

Hi Mr Singh,

There will not be any changes in July.. Because of new skill set. Actually From july 2012 onwards there will be very less number of applications.

Actually it's a good movemnet for onshore category 5,but offshore category 4 has to wait little longer now.. Only 12 September.

I think we have to wait how they set up the EOI conditions. If they need some profession bad, they may set low requirement for it. I think it all depends how much of the package they allocate to EOI and how much for processing the backlog. The good news is it will be pretty clear after that for Cat 5.

Hi everyone, another morning another update, many analysis.... yet the confusions remain.

I am Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176,Offshore, Category 5, and i am a bit confused cos i the update says Sept 9, 2011 for Cat 4, and Cat 4 will be filing and the dates will keep moving to 2012. when will they start Cat 5 in that Visa class? after they get o which date in the Cat 4 of that class will they move to Cat five of 176? i have started following the dates since the last six months and still can't figure out how they go about doing things. thanks,

Archived