New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest Me Gusta
Hi,

Why Have they asked for a PCC from your home country and not JUST the AFP?

Is it because you have traveled overseas or to your home country since the lodgement of your application? Have you provided any PCC from your home country to DIAC at time of lodging your application?

I had previously asked my agent whether it was necessary for me to get a PCC from my home country; she has advised me not to do so unless I travel overseas or to my country!

Hey,

I have submitted a PPC at time of lodgement and I have been asked to do so again since its validity has lapsed. I'm not sure if this is mandatory for all or individual-specific , but as far as I'm aware, everyone I know has been asked to provide a PCC from their country (be it either a LR/HR country). So yea, it could be because you've lived in a country other than Aus for more than 12 months in the last 10 years as ChittyChargo mentioned:)

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vick3
They ask for it if you have lived in a country other than Aus for more than 12 months in the last 10 years we got CO Thursday Jan 2009 Hairdresser

@Chittychargo What was the exact date of your lodgement?

Guest pippa1

I'm 15 dec 2008 886 applicant, not heard anything :( a couple of questions; has anyone got CO for 886 visa recently and any uk applicants asked for police check if already submitted one at time of lodgement and not left Au?

Hoping things don't stop now, I have a bad feeling about it though ......maybe it's just me...even sent off for police checks again and they managed to overlook mine by mistake...the nightmare continues lol

Any offshore Cat 5 here?

I just heard a news that " Canada to Return Pre-2008 Applications"

Worry about what action would OZ take next.

I am a one of Cat 5 applicants now finding a new way to OZ.

Do not worry. If all goes well, category 5 offshore will be processed in next few months. As thin gs are very fast for processing of caTEgory 4 offshore. By the way, what is your timeline?

Actually Australia has already done that. You must have remembered cap and cease of Pre September 2007 applicants. Most of these guys have got their money back.

My thoughts. Now is 1st of April. They have April, May and June to process as much cat5 and cat4 offshore as possible... But they are processing cat4 offshore pretty fast at the moment (maybe 2 months is all they need to finish them off). cat5 onshore I think is coming to a crawl now... hopefully the number of visas remaining is still plenty. Worst case scenario would be when there is still 2 months or a month to go for processing before 1st July and they have reach the cap limit. That would be terrible... I hope the grants keep on coming all the way to late June

Do not worry. If all goes well, category 5 offshore will be processed in next few months. As thin gs are very fast for processing of caTEgory 4 offshore. By the way, what is your timeline?

Actually Australia has already done that. You must have remembered cap and cease of Pre September 2007 applicants. Most of these guys have got their money back.

Hi. I elodged a 175 visa application in Jan 2008, Certainly, I know what the Minister of DIAC Chris Evans did in Feb8,2010 and Canada did the same before. I felt angry about it which was not fair at all.

It is ture that goes very fast for processing of cat 4 offshore, but as us know the new subclass 189&190 will replace the subclass175&176/885&886 in July2012, so in that case I cant help but to worry about that tonight would be the eve of a storm.

God bless us Cat5.

Well just want to know that whether DIAC will start cat 5 offshore once all the case officers to be allocated to category 4 offshore or they will wait for their grants?

In my opinion, DIAC has 2 choices,once all been allocated or NEVER.

waiting for all grants? I am curious about what should the other officers do. ;-)

Hey man,

I apply for PR in april 2009 886 and i got this message in feb on immigration website after this no updates yet.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tablecolour, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%]08/02/2012[/TD]

[TD=width: 60%]Application being processed further....[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

the CO Can ask You for any documents when he will open your file. So Fingers CROSS. Everyone expecting they will clear application for 2009 this year.

I'm 15 dec 2008 886 applicant, not heard anything :( a couple of questions; has anyone got CO for 886 visa recently and any uk applicants asked for police check if already submitted one at time of lodgement and not left Au?

Hoping things don't stop now, I have a bad feeling about it though ......maybe it's just me...even sent off for police checks again and they managed to overlook mine by mistake...the nightmare continues lol

Give GSM Adelaide a call, I m like you Jan 886, no news yet. Normally you wont need a police check if you haven't left Au. But some CO ask for it, can't wait for tomorrow update, its gonna be disappointing for 886 and 885 applicants.

You applied in 2007, how come you havent got a CO yet?

My application falls in category 5 offshore,which is under suspension since last many year. Yes I did get the case officer in 2009, but my case officer was bit lazy in processing my application at that time, so my application put under suspension again.

My application falls in category 5 offshore,which is under suspension since last many year. Yes I did get the case officer in 2009, but my case officer was bit lazy in processing my application at that time, so my application put under suspension again.

So ones getting CO here are onshores only?

Please guys see this carefully..

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

According to DIAC," Assessment will commence when all cases in priority groups 1-4 are finalised"

Yes VB, that is the 'official' line. I believe they stated this just in case they were not managing to process visas at the fast rate they are now doing. Anyway, this statement applies to ALL Cat 5's - and yet, they are processing onshores already. I believe come May we off-shores will hear something. Fingers, toes and everything crossed.:cute:

Yes VB, that is the 'official' line. I believe they stated this just in case they were not managing to process visas at the fast rate they are now doing. Anyway, this statement applies to ALL Cat 5's - and yet, they are processing onshores already. I believe come May we off-shores will hear something. Fingers, toes and everything crossed.:cute:
\

Actually, If we see it carefully, nothing is correct in this table. In case of category 4 they ARE saying that all the category 4 offshores will be processed in 18 months which is not correct according to this processing. They have already reached October 2011. So it means this service charter table is going to be changed in coming few months.

it's been updated people....and it's only moving just 1 week ?

here we go...the long and painful wait for 2008 batch to be finished

but seeing someone from this forum got a CO already, this doesn't make anymore sense now

i dont know what to make of it

Archived