mlsdq

Guest ChittyChargo
Is it only me still waiting for CO from Jan applicants? Applied Jan 29

No Hairdresser 886 6th January 2009

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest64761

yeah but... there is a big difference between offshore and onshore. Offshore, you can stay with your family and you haven't wasted away years of your life in Australia with a big question mark over your head... worst comes to worst you stay in your home country where you are already qualified, welcome, and familiar. All these onshore souls have had to live lives full of uncertainty... if the DIAC calls them and says no, they are in a world of hurt as they have to pack up and move within 30 days (or whatever the limit is). No one will hire onshore applicants here because of the big question mark above their head, at least offshores can still legitimately work in their home country (whether or not they are able to find work is another question).

In my opinion, offshores really don't share the same problems that onshores do... onshores have been committing their lives already to Australia, with thousands of dollars of tuition, taxes, and a very high cost of living, (and lets face it lots of discrimination) all in the hope they will be accepted. Offshores... well offshores just filled out an application (with the fee) and can sit back and live the life they would otherwise be living if they didn't bother to apply - they have nothing to lose.

yeah but... there is a big difference between offshore and onshore. Offshore, you can stay with your family and you haven't wasted away years of your life in Australia with a big question mark over your head... worst comes to worst you stay in your home country where you are already qualified, welcome, and familiar. All these onshore souls have had to live lives full of uncertainty... if the DIAC calls them and says no, they are in a world of hurt as they have to pack up and move within 30 days (or whatever the limit is). No one will hire onshore applicants here because of the big question mark above their head, at least offshores can still legitimately work in their home country (whether or not they are able to find work is another question).

In my opinion, offshores really don't share the same problems that onshores do... onshores have been committing their lives already to Australia, with thousands of dollars of tuition, taxes, and a very high cost of living, (and lets face it lots of discrimination) all in the hope they will be accepted. Offshores... well offshores just filled out an application (with the fee) and can sit back and live the life they would otherwise be living if they didn't bother to apply - they have nothing to lose.

Agree, but some rather wait in Australia as onshore because they can earn more than back home.. But i believe once Diac start to process cat5 offshore they should fly through it, as there are only 15,000 cat5 offshore as opposed to 25,000 cat5 onshore. Off course this number for onshore have come down a tiny bit since Diac have started processing them. By how much? nobody know. Would be interesting if diac tell us how many cat5 have been processed so far. 2009 applicants should be a BIG chunk. so its still a long wait for all of us... hopefully not too long that we all go crazy...

Guest Guest31881
Chitty Sahi hai :)

***** Can I remind all members this is an English language forum, Posts are only allowed in English.******

This allows the posts to be moderated as we can only moderate if we understand the post, and any information posted can be read and shared by all members. Thank you .....

Guest punjabi

applicants from dec-may,oct,sept got co.dis is so RANDOM through,,one week is remaining,let see if they allocate all remaining dec jan feb ones and update till march,,,,lets see how many got lucky this week

applicants from dec-may,oct,sept got co.dis is so RANDOM through,,one week is remaining,let see if they allocate all remaining dec jan feb ones and update till march,,,,lets see how many got lucky this week

You will be lucky if next update will be till 1st JAN 2009 !! You are going too fast...be patient.

DIAC advise further that it is unlikely Priority 5 application will all be allocated until at least

the end of the 2012/2013 program year (ie June 2013) unless there is an increase in program

numbers or a dramatic reduction in new lodgements under the EOI system from 1/7/2012. (Source Iscah Newsletter)

Agree. Also hard going back once you have settled into a new life.

Guest guest38808

hi can anyone tell me please if the applicant is overseas at the time of co allocation.what will happen to his

file processing.i am 886 onshore 9 march 2009.any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Everyone has the choice. You chose to stay and extend the visa, that's the limbo you guys having. You could have go back home and file the offshore. Why didn't you? Perhaps like ones said regardless the higher taxes and living cost still better than your home town.

offshore too life is on halt. Exclude the family fact , your career, future plans and relationship all were at halt until the decision made. By then maybe you already missed some chances came along. As you wouldn't know where it lies, here or oversea. That's the limbo we had.

In short, every g5cers have their own story and difficulties. we can't said who suffers more or better. we are in same group who treated unfairly by Diac. That's all.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Guest vick3
hi can anyone tell me please if the applicant is overseas at the time of co allocation.what will happen to his

file processing.i am 886 onshore 9 march 2009.any advice or comments will be appreciated.

@motika I was at Immi office last year to get my bridging visa B thn I asked the same question then officer informed me if ur overseas and get CO allocated then you have to come back Australia with in 28 days. Tht's Wht they told me but be on safe side just ring them & tell ur scenario.

Guest punjabi

@motika 77 hi,my friend,prince, was offshore when he got...his agent notify co about the circumstances,,,he got co on 13 feb,,,come back to oz 9 march,,,yet he didnt submitted AFP....lets see when he will got PR..

Guest neelvashi

Hi guys! any sort of information regarding CO and date allocations are welcome! i am 5 feb(886). and i just can't wait anymore!! have gone through everything overseas pcc,AFP and medical all over again and its all ready to go!!

Hi guys! any sort of information regarding CO and date allocations are welcome! i am 5 feb(886). and i just can't wait anymore!! have gone through everything overseas pcc,AFP and medical all over again and its all ready to go!!

I know this will give u pleasant surprise or Shock.. but just now I got news that my another batchmate has been allocated CO

he applied 21 May 2009, cook, 487 !!

Team8

GSM Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Its a huge jump, even I applied on 17 May 2009, and have no CO but Signs are pretty positive !!

I know this will give u pleasant surprise or Shock.. but just now I got news that my another batchmate has been allocated CO

he applied 21 May 2009, cook, 487 !!

Team8

GSM Adelaide

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Its a huge jump, even I applied on 17 May 2009, and have no CO but Signs are pretty positive !!

but it's sub-class 487

the bulk of cat5s is in either 885/886

so no dice for us 886s :(

but it's sub-class 487

the bulk of cat5s is in either 885/886

so no dice for us 886s :(

Doesnt matter they are not processing according to subclass , they are processing as it is lodged.. if they have reached May 2009 that means 885/886 are not that far, Its FIFO now !! So its still a good news !!

Doesnt matter they are not processing according to subclass , they are processing as it is lodged.. if they have reached May 2009 that means 885/886 are not that far, Its FIFO now !! So its still a good news !!

but it's so random, there are a couple of people in this thread that have lodged before May 2009, but still haven't heard a pip about a CO assigned to them.

strange...oh well...since when dealing with DIAC is not full of strange things

it seems like they are trolling us cat5s

Guest Me Gusta

Hey guys,

It looks like a lot of the news going around shows movement for applicants who applied under the cook/hairdresser/community welfare worker category. Is there anyone out there who's got an application pending (885 or otherwise) under other nominated occupations, and if so, do you have any updates from DIAC? I've personally applied for a 885 in Feb 2009 under the Life Sciences after completing my Masters. And still waiting for a CO! me no gusta.

It seems that way because there were many many applicants who were cooks or hairdressers in 2008-2009. Hence the reason for the reforms. It's crazy because they could have processed all these applications earlier, imposed stringent measures which weren't retrospective and in my opinion arrive at the same or similar position they are in today. Oh well what is done is done!

Hey guys,

It looks like a lot of the news going around shows movement for applicants who applied under the cook/hairdresser/community welfare worker category. Is there anyone out there who's got an application pending (885 or otherwise) under other nominated occupations, and if so, do you have any updates from DIAC? I've personally applied for a 885 in Feb 2009 un

der the Life Sciences after completing my Masters. And still waiting for a CO! me no gusta.

I m life scientist 886 applied 29 Jan 2009 no CO yet, DIAC doing something fishy

Guest Me Gusta

Aahh, good to know there are others in the same(sinking?)boat. To keep us waiting indefinitely is cruel enough, and then to show some light at the end of the tunnel and have it turn out to be an oncoming train is just messed up.

Guest sura7667

hi iv been looking this forum for a while now.its been very helpful for ppl to get to know some info which is not available in dimia web site.so finally i thought to share my bit with u guys. im cat5, cook, applied 25 march 09 (Paper) onshore 885 , no co allocation yet, hope it will be soon.but atm im not in australia.im in srilanka on bridging visa B for one year duration.

Archived